Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/702651929743077377

Wonder if they're actually doing balance changes, I remember combofiend saying something like beta 4 and release would be pretty different.

I still think some characters might need a little extra atm.

they're gonna nerf chun and bison to be in line with everyone else (boring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
1)It doesn't take always online to sole this problem. SF4 docked you points and Xrd put your name in red for it.

2)why the gently caress should anyone care about getting a loss for a disconnect

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

why would anyone use a vtrigger that makes you a way worse character

chun li's cc's are already objectively worse in v trigger so why not just go further with that concept

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

its all in the wrist.

um

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fayk posted:

You know what game rules and has no chip death? I mean, people might be surprised to hear me mention this game, but it's a game from the island nation of Japan called JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE.

But the difference is that's a game with fast walkspeeds, sliding/dashing cr.jabs jabs for most of the cast that lead to instant startup tick throws with a 1 frame (sameframe +1 after) tech window, guard cancels, and for the person with more health, most supers have some startup invuln...and you can start a tandem and leave it empty (press no buttons) just to get that window/etc.

So a comeback in that has to be worked for more, because if you try anything, the guy with the life lead has about a dozen options.

Also if Jojo's had chip kills some characters could just jumpdump meter when you're at 50% and chip you out lmao

Pomp fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 27, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
have they said how big the gap between alex and guile will be because this game is basically dead to me until there's a zoning character

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

street fighter V: yes, or no?

Bnllleeerrrghhhhhghppppffffblblvk

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's not like any other fighting game is alive for the next month

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

Putting a lot of your personal time into something you don't like is pretty insane.

I keep trying to enjoy sfv because I'm mentally ill, yes

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if we didn't play games we thought were bad nobody would play marvel

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that is not dead which can eternal lie

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
netplay is like straight unplayable 2/3 matches for me, i don't know what you people who can actually deal with this are getting.

probably not the lag, because it's asymmetric, lmao

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

let us actually write what we want instead of 95% useless preset sentences, .

Please let sfv players experience Haviet Ramirez or whatever the gently caress his name is

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Air throw guarantees meaty setups at least, idk about safejumps. Go for dash under mixups off lk

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
bo1 against bad players can be a nightmare because you don't really have time to adjust to them being total nutjobs unless they're like hold up forward and never stop mashing bad. even bo3 can be a nightmare if you aren't ready to deal with someone who only vaguely knows what they're doing

someone post that rufus player getting clowned on and failing to adjust, or even just punish dps please

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it's related to the FPS, and it's just the amount of frames an action takes up yes. Fighting games also generally don't function under or over their fixed fps either.

Something with 3 frame start up takes 3/60ths of a second to hit, unless it's some garbage game that runs at 30fps

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why the gently caress is that a thing

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

it's this. and i'm cool with it. you worthless peasants should be grateful capcom took the time to give you your loving single player content. this isn't a charity, you want to play dress up with your street fighter dolls, open your wallet.

Burn consumerism to the ground

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

neogaf posted:

I think FG dev cycle should look like this from now on..

design basic fighting engine
design pseudo open world rpg (5-6 hours long)(story, settings)
design characters(proper textures and finish graphics design)
design AI/Arcade
design trials
design more SP content

release

patch in online 6 months later
patch in proper engine 1 year later after full development
patch in proper netcode 1.5 years later after engine is done.

This way you sell lot of copies. Casual/RPG fans are happy. Hardcore will buy anyway. You got your money already who cares if people are still playing 6 months later when online is released. IMO all FGs should follow this rule for financial success. Most FG buyers are not interested in learning FG or feels too intimidated to go online and lose imo.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 2, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
See, I always heard it was all in the fingers and you should keep everything else at a minimum

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodoze posted:

Aegis shouldn't change at all but will because dumb game

it will be boring and people will defend it because sfv is about hard reads or something

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

what does urien even have outside of aegis that doesn't involve his tackle juggles or his dope voice acting (things he wont have in SF5)

i half remember good pokes from when i was trying to learn 3s for real

which he also won't have in sf5

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Corbeau posted:

OP at a particular level of play

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jmcrofts posted:

How long can we possibly keep up this charade that people who enjoy this game are faking it?

i don't think they're faking it but i don't understand it in the slightest

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

*barely moves from spot for three seconds* "jesus christ your walk speed is insane!"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
just hit it, beat yourself up for not hitting it, and keep doing this until you hit it without thinking, then people starting baiting your antiairs with divekicks so you start thinking about it again and maybe fighting games are dumb

this is a universal fg thing

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

secret tip the pros dont want you to know: when you do things many times, you get better at doing them

when do i stop compulsively mashing after blocking a jumping jab and getting blown up by people who stop trying to throw and just CH my rear end

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Booyah- posted:

This is equally unsubstantiated but there are also rumors that Balrog is after Alex.

PLEASE ADD THE ZONING CHARACTER

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it apparently still says i'm in a ranked match, but i haven't played in a week.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hey crofts 1)lol 2)i made that post before i gave up playing any of the stubby buttons characters, picked chun, and found out jab beats everything

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Are jump-ins actually too weak or is this like when before release half this thread bitched about damage being too low and it actually turned out to be fine.

the damage is too low

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Do you actually think it's too low or is this going to be another thing you're going to flipflop on in a bit?

it's too low and would be forgivable if the game didn't move at a glacial pace, but instead it contributes to the game being boring as gently caress. Oh no i got opened up, i've only got 4 more chances to not die to tiny 5 frame throws, limited rear end frame traps, mixups that lose to jab. Getting 50% off vtrigger+super combos isn't a replacement for good damage elsewhere.

sorry i couldn't predict standing jab being an extremely reliable antiair tho lol.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bhsman posted:

Maybe this game is Not For You?

i'm hoping they add a zoner

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
preferably one either doesn't eat poo poo from half the cast for trying to fireball from mid to full screen or directly feed most of the rest v meter

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Other people seem to make all that stuff work. The game certainly doesn't feel glacially paced to me when I play or watch it.

And you didn't have to predict anything. You played the beta enough to constantly bitch about how lovely it is, and presumably you hit Chun-Li's jab button at some point in there. Did you just never consider using it as an anti-air before you made that post talking about how strong jump-ins are?

FAB makes potemkin work, I guess there's actually nothing wrong with him

normal people frequently change their minds when introduced to new information though, you mad weirdo

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bhsman posted:

If there was a Potemkin thread on SA, would you shitpost in it and antagonize people for playing a bad character as well?

i like to complain on the internet

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

What new information exactly? What part of jump-ins or Chun Li's jab changed from beta until now?

i picked up chun li, and then i tried to use it to antiair a cross up, instead of 4hk (why is this so bad), 5lk (good but hard to beat crossups with), or j.hk (good, but requires me to have reactions faster than a snail). just hit jab and everyone gets slapped down. It's super braindead and goofy, and it's note even the best antiair jab in the game.

are you always like this

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Why did you make a big, sweeping proclamation about jump-ins then without actually testing to see if it's true?

I mean, I know the answer already, I just want to see what you say.

why are you so confrontational about a wrong post :chillout:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Your posting is my version of your SFV.

then why are you acting like my posts could do some damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it's not so much that street fighter kills other games, and more than for some loving reason the a large chunk of the american scene only plays Capcom fighters. You're lucky if you have local Marvel (RIP) or Guilty Gear, god forbid one of those three aren't actually your favorite game. For a lot of people, not clicking with the current street fighter for whatever reason means being stuck online.

Like me and 20 other people in this country are going to play kof 14