Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I'm not sure if it's bad that I've got to the point of taking the "PC" logo next to someones name as a challenge to make them ragequit.

I guess PS4 ragers are slower on the draw.

Edit: Agree on the ham thing. It's late, I'm drunk, give my Bison VTrigger so I can mash buttons till you are dead please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Magus42 posted:

You could buy a brook superconverter for $40 instead. (Assuming you can find one in-stock anywhere)

I've been using one of these all weekend, and can recommend (certainly over the horrible PS3 legacy support).

Word of caution: You will likely have a window of downtime after each PS4 firmware update until the Brooks guys provide a matching update. They have been pretty quick on those updates so far, but none the less.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

"Indefinitely" huh?

Someone's getting their rear end kicked when PR/Execs see that.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

I had no idea until now that they actually made SF2 for the Commodore 64:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0YVz9MaHGM

Younger people have no idea that it's actually a good port considering the Commodore's specs.

Still, better than the Spectrum version.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I lost my 15 game win streak to a teleporting Karin.

Both win streaks and points are meaningless, I know.

Still pretty salty though.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

As far as I can tell ranked is where I go to experience a wide range of match-ups and feel good about myself,
and lobbies is where I get the snot kicked out of me by people and see just how much I have left to work on.

That moment when a Sim joins your lobby though. You know its good for you, and you have to get used to this but..... hnnnnng.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

cams posted:

this is the rankings working as intended. if you don't win enough at a certain level to move on, you're where you should be.

I know what he means though. When your correct resting state is on a promotion boundary it's a constant stream of 'Promo!'(Yay).....'Demoted'(awwww).....'Promo!'(Yay).....'Demoted'(awwww).....'Promo!'(Yay).....'Demoted'(awwww).....

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Voodoo posted:

Why is my sub-1k scrub rear end getting constantly matched with people hoving around 2k points. Matchmaking plz - Zangief is already a handicap enough as is.

It's also possible that 2k person is trying out a new character and is on a massive losing streak, hence being matched against you. Take their points!

(Unless it was me and I'm playing my turbo scrubby Laura. Please don't take my points, I've lost so many :-( )

RossCo fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Giogadi, you've inspired me. Whats WNF like to just show up to? Never been to a local but its just up the road (well, an hour) and I'm kinda tempted.

Any top tips Cams? When I get bopped out of the tournament 0-2 are there setups for casuals etc?

RossCo fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 4, 2016