Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

Gonna link my guides for the new thread:

General tips for getting better:
How to Practice Hit Confirming
How to Practice Buffering
How to Improve Your Reactions Using Training Mode
Easy but powerful option select

Guides for fighting against specific characters:
R. Mika
Nash
Rashid

More coming soon!

Hey, thanks for these. This is my first street fighter and i'm incredibly bad at just about everything but these videos are helping I think. Maybe eventually I'll even be confident enough to start playing online.

Also, even though i'm awful I think this video game has been cool and fun so far. So hopefully it will remain that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I played online for the first time today and I learnt that when there's any pressure whatsoever I can't combo for poo poo and mess up the most basic things. Fighting actual people is way more fun than the computer though, and I really like just playing through survival mode and stuff anyway. Also, I got no lag and the game only matched me up with people around my skill level which was nice, but matchmaking was way too slow. Hopefully, I just chose a bad time to play or something because I don't like waiting 10 minutes for a single match. :(

Also, is there any reason to try and build Ken's V gauge with his V-skill? I can get some use out of the dash but the kick seems useless. Is there any strategies for it or should I just ignore it?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you play just as ken? maybe give some other characters a shot, you might find someone that clicks with your style and the combos will be a lil easier then

I've experimented with a few characters (all in training) but Ken's the one I feel fits me best. I just don't play fighting games online too much and I think i'm just getting used to that. I might try a bit more with Cammy though. She was a pretty close second to Ken and at the very least I like her v-skill a lot more.

Edit:

Arzachel posted:

You shouldn't be waiting 10 minutes for a match, might need to forward ports or dmz your router.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It was only putting me up against others from Australia, so there's probably something up with my Internet that's not making it friendly to overseas players.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 23, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got my first disconnect today. It feels kinda nice to know that I made someone mad enough about videogames that they restarted their console rather than have a loss on their record.

I also feel like i'm understanding the game finally, I can pretty consistently do super basic combos and barely ever mess up the simple movements for the special attacks. I still suck but it feels good.