Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This game is awesome, lotta fun, best since Third Strike (or replace that with Alpha 2 if you don't like third strike)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dias posted:

Well, there are different uses for throws. Dashup throw in this game is a legit tactic and throw as a mixup on wakeup works fine still. You see a lot less throws to open up someone tho, because they're slower and short ranged. They're not USELESS, you still have to be aware of that threat, but it makes the pressure game weaker overall, especially when people figure out matchups. Also throw tech now is cr.LP or whatever your 3f normal is.

I'm poo poo at fighting games, but I'm okay at looking at stuff and puzzling out how they would work in a real scenario, I think. It's just that my reactions are that of an old man with ADHD and I have real bad anxiety sometimes, hehe, knowing all the stupid minute details don't serve well when I just blank out and eat every random thing the other guy does.

I've had no luck with dashup throws. I get a good amount of throws in just doing them randomly here and there, but if I dash I generally get kicked or something. Speaking of grabs, I'm pretty rarely getting Laura or Mika's command grabs in, best time is after I block a Cammy move so far.

Just played 50 matches, this game touches me in my heart, it's special. It's a beautiful game.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dias posted:

You have to make people stop pressing buttons first, people love to press buttons online because it's online gently caress i hate playing ranked with the characters i tend to pick

How do I do that?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That does sound like a good idea, I just don't know if it'll lead to successful throws. But hey punch/kicks in the face are good too.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Baal posted:

It sure is nice having this chun-li alt i'll never use though, thanks psn for not getting a better alt

One man's treasure is another man's whatevers, I'd use it. I have goggles Cammy myself.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sounds like he's just saying he resents defensive turtling play, in a nutshell?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That's pretty badass, but for the record I don't think it counts if Guile does it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Goodpart posted:

It never counts because the only reason a turtling player wins is because the other guy wasn't good enough to do anything about it.

Everyone just get good please.

Agreed, but hypothetically speaking, if turtling was a problem, I think Guile should get a free pass for being Guile.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This game can eat my shorts

Don't have a cow, man

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

General Morden posted:

would your venom video just be a video stating DONT PLAY THIS CHARACTER HES BAD

He's got balls

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Benson Cunningham posted:

Zangief can turn his skin into iron and absorb fireballs with his face. He is terrifying.

R. Mika I buy though.

Mika has that tag-team sniper ready to jump in, that's scarier t han fireballs and stuff

(I just got sniped on this post, proves the point)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

For survival mode, is which power ups are available each round random or pre-set? Got to fight 30 on Normal with Chun-Li but of course the choice is low health recovery instead of medium, high, or full. It was a setup!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

lamentable dustman posted:

Random, I got a low health powerup for my 29th and 30th fight the first time I did normal. When I ended up dying at 30 but when I redid it I got a high and full.

Thanks, hope I get lucky, also they should give me fight bucks for trying this a billion times, yessir.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I like to play Laura. I like the way her ample bosom is big and whatnot, and I can do the combo with the jumpy lightning thingy.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Does anyone have any theories on the next wave of characters? I would assume that they would bring back Viper after getting her for story mode but who knows.

C. Viper is also in the first issue of Street Fighter x GI Joe, fighting Snake Eyes! http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/street-fighter-x-gi-joe-1-idw-2016

I'd figure Sagat will show up in round 2. They mentioned holding off on him for starters, but didn't say he wouldn't show up. And of course Dan, who is probably the pink ninja or something.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

On tips for cheesing through Normal Survival, anything for Chun-Li? I've lost on fight 29 or 30 numerous times (Necalli and Bison).

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I read the Simone issues of Deadpool and also Agent X, I would've posted Outlaw or something instead of that guy, mix it up a bit

Laura would beat up Skull head guy.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You need to get on that SFV like that mustard is getting on whatever Pool is eating there,

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SectumSempra posted:

if capcom s smart they'll sell ryu as alternate costumes for everyone.

This just looks like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, doesn't even look out of place. Cooler than actual Ryu

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

cams posted:

laura is real garbage though, good to see her win a little before she's rendered useless by matchup knowledge. such a bad character, no one should play her.

You're just too drat deep into this case and you're going off the deep end Riggs. Everybody should play Lara, think about it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Help Im Alive posted:

Roadhog + Birdie should switch games for a day

I agree, and Lucio and Laura should switch too. Lucio is cool but he lacks... he's lacking something.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Real hurthling! posted:

huge boobs and assless pants

We have a winner! I like to play two kinds of characters: ones with huge boobs, and ones with eyepatches. Maybe both if possible. Wait nobody asked, and actually I'm going to jail? Now hold on folks...

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You're good people bro

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

In Training posted:

It looks better than SFV

I think KoF will be great, but aesthetically Street Fighter V looks about six zillion times better.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Love Stole the Day posted:

Hello again SF5 thread sorry to interrupt your hate-train but I thought I'd contribute with a couple of player names that you can use for if you ever enter into a local tournament:
  • Matthew Parry
  • Steve Jabs
Welp thanks for reading

I'll go with Luke Parry, just because that's more what I'm about, but those are good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Illuminado posted:

Seems accurate...

Could always pull out the ol' Dreamcast too if you've got a solid basement futon scene, GGX1 still has the best music too