Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Please gif juri before combo breaker TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

holy poo poo thats great.

Can't wait for the PC mod.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I honestly would prefer it if every match was 2/3 by default.

Also finally unlocked everyones normal colors hooray!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Got Karin Cammy Rashid, all of those characters seem very uninteresting to me.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Smirking_Serpent posted:

That's good to hear. Is there much crossover between SF and Tekken players?

Aris seems to like SFV a lot and hes pretty hardcore tekken.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lamentable dustman posted:

Speaking of colors, thanks whoever suggested getting the trainer, now my Bison gots some sweet boots. Hopefully I don't get banned :ohdear:

whats the trainer? can you fill me in? I'd like to get sweet colors.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lamentable dustman posted:

I got the 1.01 +15 TRAINER off of gamecopyworld, probably no viruses https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6b1c933c71e6beb055b0eba6682ff7fa5d3c8190b597bb0dcdec1d6e3056e62d/analysis/1457714523/

It has nice slowdown feature which works will with Frametrapped ( http://frametrapped.com/#hbv ) so you can see the hit/hurt boxes in game

wheres the download link for this?

E:
Okay I got it. Hopefully this works.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 11, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I definitely wouldn't risk the capcops coming down on you for the sake of a few colours.

LOL I doubt they're monitoring offline play of survival mode.

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean that's probably why they would try to crack down on it

If you do all the survival modes you have enough fight money to buy like 10+ characters
I already gave them money for a season pass.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Baal posted:

I'm looking forward to his muscle man voice

I found the voice actor they're using
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjWcFJsg-yg

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

inthesto posted:

Alex actually didn't sound too far off from this in NG and 2I

Maybe there be some redemption for that look then.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
if Jojos was on PC i'd probably play it 24/7

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Thanks to whoever mentioned to use a trainer to get your colors.

Scamming my way into all the pretty colors and fight money feels nice. At least till they delete my account...

Literally no way they can tell besides maybe you completed hard mode / hell? Or by looking at your times. I staggered all my times by just going afk for the last 10 matches and letting it time out. You win draws automatically as long as you have infinite health on

E: This Gen's consoles frankly have been awful as far as whats out for them so its not a surprise in Japan where they don't really have a PC market either.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 13, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Why does necali not have a skeleton? I noticed when he gets shocked there isn't one there.

Is he some kind of mud / slime monster like Ted Cruz?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Agoat posted:

What would Ted Cruz do for his V-Trigger?

Either eat boogers to restore his health or fling them at you as some kind of sticky that makes it so you can't move for a few seconds. (still can block, just not jump move forward or back)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Reznor posted:

I think Capcom learned it needs to make a female gaze skin pack. Look at sexy ryu. If I could by skins that objectify the men and empowered the women I'd by a season pass.

I too would like a gstring set for all the men.
That or like just pillar men all of them.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
What exactly is guard recovery? I thought that was some kind of punish on block but I can't seem to get the training bot to throw out any kind of punish after successfully blocking an attack.

E:
Nm got it working had to turn the slots ON apparently.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 14, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jmcrofts posted:

I go into how to use it a little bit here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzO6HBZhLQ

yeah I've started watching your videos they're very helpful thank you.

Right now I'm trying to train myself with vega to do two different combos on hit confirm. One where I finish a combo that pushes me back out of most attacks and lets me block and one that lets me go in for a little more damage if it confirms in.

E:
One thing to add, if you could put like keys on so i could see what you press for some videos or when you press it that would be super helpful. Like you were talking about OS tech throws and I wasn't sure exactly when you were pressing things or not because it didn't have inputs pop up on the side. Granted I was only half watching it at the time because I'm practicing hit confirming first...

E2:
Another question I have for anyone who can help clear things up is extra inputs.

RIght now I"m doing a jumpin attack where I do a J.HP -> HP when I land and i noticed I tend to press the HP key two times extra than I need to while still falling. Does that add any lag or delay to the input? It still combos but I think its bad form to have extra inputs.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 14, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
If someone can make a video on canceling it would be helpful having it explained in text to me doesnt really clarifiy. LIke i'm trying to do vegas Cr.mk -> QCF lk and nothing happens.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Real hurthling! posted:

hit your normal button and immediately crank the stick for your special and tap the gently caress out of its button so that you finish during the first normal's animation. once you make it happen a few times, start cleaning it up and learn the proper timing.

jmcroft has a video on upping your game with cancels already

sweet thanks all.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm really bummed out with Vega's anti air. The QCB + HP or C.HP seems to be awful especially at low LP as it seems everyone jumps in.

I think I need a new character.

E:
Is there any good anti air for him?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

JackDarko posted:

It's not what you want to hear but air throw and his air to air m.k are pretty good options. If spaced properly his roundhouse is also good.

Air to air is actually something I kind of want to hear. I'm a bit confused how to air to air works in the game though. What beats what in a trade? Sometimes it feels like I should beat them but they get the hit.

Is it like rock paper scissors where a L beats a H an H beats an M and an M beats an L?

Weremacht posted:

birdie does everything vega does better, but with a slower walkspeed

I find myself agreeing, birdie is like vega but not. You're the second person I've talked to about this who said the same thing today.

Honestly I don't have fun playing vega which is the most important thing for me. Bison is hella fun, Mika is fun, I have to fool around with the others more still but I enjoy Bison you really legit feel like bad guy when playing him.

E: THanks for the air advice guys.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 15, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah I think maybe I should play Nash. Or Bison.

Join me in being evil with Bison. Wakamoto's voice acting is always spot on.

E:
I remember someone asking if there were different hair colors for other characters besides Necalli. Vega and bison have alt colors that change their hair too. One of bisons makes his hair blonde.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Corbeau posted:

Further refinements. :getin:

this is pretty nice what are you gonna print it out on?

Question about Bison's head press:

It says after I hit I can press a punch to do something additional but nothing seems to happen. When or what am I supposed to do here? Is my timing bad?

E:
Okay I found out something interesting and the head press issue.

First off head press it just happens after the hit mid jump air as like an extra punch you can combo into.

Second.
Bisons V-skill its kind of a parry? IT odesnt just do projectiles. I'm practicing on punches with ryu and can parry them. If i Hold it down i can reflect the parry as a fireball or I can just keep parrying and build up vtrigger.

Kind of cool not sure how practical his parry is compared to Ryu's though.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 15, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Sarchasm posted:

If you press punch on the way up it turns into a dive with his hand outstretched. Each strength of punch has a different trajectory. If you press punch as he's bouncing off the opponent's head (on hit or block) he swoops back in for another hit. You can control the trajectory of this second hit by pressing left and right.

While we're on the topic of Bison's headstomp, what determines if it whiffs completely? That's happened to me in a few matches but I can't replicate it in training mode. And what determines whether it whiffs to the P1 or P2 side?

My guess is distance and if the character moves too much. But I'm just starting bison.

Have you fooled around with his V-skill at all? It seems toa ct as a parry as well as a reflect.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Does anyone know where I can find a guide for bison necalli combos etc?

E:
So I'm pretty sure full charge characters are not for me it just feels so painful to play Bison and know that if you miss the timer you get punished. I'm trying necalli right now and its slow too but he feels like an interesting character that has some good mid to close pressure.

I'm really miffed that I can't find any guides or writeups anywhere that aren't from version 2 beta of him though.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 15, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hobojim posted:

Basic Necalli combo: s.MK or s.MP, cr.MP xx light slashes. Use medium slashes if you're in V-Trigger.

For punishes, use cr.HP xx medium stomps, cr.MP xx light slashes, again use medium slashes if in V-Trigger.

Those are his two basics. For fast punishes, you can do s.LP, s.LP xx heavy DP, which starts in 3 frames. For lows, do cr.LK, cr.LP xx heavy DP, this starts in four frames.

Off of a divekick, you can jab into heavy DP.

You can combo super off of any stomps, so for his BnB you can do s.MK, cr.MP xx light stomps xx super, or do super off of the medium stomps from his punish combo above.

Good enough, or do you need other stuff too?

oh im gonna need a poo poo ton lol but I'll try to start with this.

How about hsi command throw? I have trouble landing it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hobojim posted:

I mean you can't combo into his command grab, but you can tick into it off of a meaty s.LK on wakeup or just a straight jab tick into it.

Alright, effort post incoming:

Thanks a ton HoboJim if you're around this weekend maybe we can do some online practice.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

So people on Reddit are saying that people who have been cursed with battle lobbies have fixed it by making a new account:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/4a9etd/solution_for_all_players_who_cant_connect_create/
Try at your own risk

Waiting for a patch sounds like a way more competent decision.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Brosnan posted:

I hate everything about this.

best part is they're making an LOL fighting game. god loving help us all.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Necalli is really groovin to my jam.

cougar cub posted:

This March update is so phenomenal

I'd say the March update is suppositional or potential.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 18, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

cougar cub posted:

Do you have to tech a throw from neutral for it to go through?

Just like my real mom, you missed the internet sarcasm

No, I think you should look up those words

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

FordCQC posted:

Oh man, when Mika does EX Brimstone (kick throw) she says "Bada bing" and when Nadeshiko comes in she says "Bada Boom".

I have it on japanse all they seem to do is "yay!" together which is cute.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I don't know if RainEnds is anyone professional or not but they beat the living poo poo out of me for about 30 matches straight. Probably just an average player I took a round off of them here and there. But they kept switching characters and were quite good with all of them.

It really sucked seeing the different in skil llevel where I could block all there moves but I don't know how to punish or force combos and apply pressure compared to them.

Like I could get a jab here and there but when it came to comboing no prayer. Like I felt so powerless. I could read their moves and I knew what they were going to do 99% of the time because I kept blocking and lasted a good while but still just not being able to do anything back is frustrating.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Shiki Dan posted:

We're still doing registration through Friday night so more than likely SFV will actually end up with 1000+

Awesome. Here's hoping you hit it!

E:
A lot of people are mentioning vsync and what not.

What should I have turned off for PC version of SFV?

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 18, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

How long do you think it takes for some of these top players to turn on SFV? Two major blowups? Four? 'cause while I don't think they're dishonest in their enjoyment, poo poo repeats itself every time a new big game comes out...

Hoping with Fchamp TFR is enough.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I got to thinking. People love to spam and mash combos over and over and over. I seem to do pretty well defending and blocking them all. Whose the best punisher in the game?
Who has some great "well you really shouldn't constnatly do that against me time to pay the piper." character?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

AnonSpore posted:

If they're mashing combos how are you going to punish

Ill use that 9 input delay to push a button before their combo comes out.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

AnonSpore posted:

The joke is that if the opponent has landed a combo you are getting hit and therefore can't punish hth

I was referring to blocking said combo. Please do not be a dick. I'm new.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Play ryu and Cammy

Yeah I was thinking Ryu cause of the parry as well as having a DP. Is Ryus medium DP the go to punish?

I will actually use this, thank you.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Okay whose good at punishing block strings? Sounds like Ryu

fozzy fosbourne posted:

There is a post on Srk listing ideas for how to punish each characters stuff with ryu

Sweet.

bhsman posted:

Usually medium is his best anti-air because it's invincible, whereas the heavy/EX is used to finish combos.

Thanks I'll definitely look into ryu. hes like the fundamental new player character too isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yes. There's lots of stuff aimed at teaching street fighter from the perspective of ryu. There is pattheflip's free ebook on srk and fighting game celebrity gootecks 'gootecks' gutierez ebooks

Cool, also what the hell is the shimmy? I keep missing it when they talk about it so I haven't seen it and its not in the terminology guide.