Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'd also be pretty surprised if going from 8 gigs of ram to 16 made a difference in fights because this is a console port (although it doesn't have to support the XBONE's wrong kind of RAM, phew)

I've "only" got 8 gigs of RAM and the game runs perfectly. Any game that runs at 60 fps on a PS4 isn't exactly going to be a brutal PC killer.

MonsterEnvy, check if your game is running on your discrete GPU or the lovely one strapped to your CPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

please switch to the japanese laura voice, jfc man!

e: also birdie

How do you do this?

Also every video ending in that *bonk bonk* disconnect sound is enjoyable to me for some reason.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Oh boy learning FANG sure is fun, it's like playing a character with no special moves or v-sk *opposing Nash rage quits from casual match*

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I may be dropping all of my hit confirms because I forget to consider that I might actually hit and my play is full of terrible, gaping holes but I'm having fun. The 25 hours I've put into this comprise 90% of my fighting game experience in the last 15 years, but I won 13 of my 17 games tonight and I feel like I sort of "get" what I'm doing.

I'm also really glad cross-play is a thing, because 95+% of my opponents are on PS4 and I get to play on PC without online being a ghost town.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Real hurthling! posted:

you get fight money.

its lobbies that have no payout

Awaiting the realization that he's been playing with rage quitters for weeks for literally no reason at all.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Hydrocodone posted:

Just posting to give the nth recommendation for the Hori FC4.

I just got it today, so I haven't put it through its paces. But it feels REALLY solid and it's comfortable to hold in two hands if you don't/don't yet wanna lay it on your leg and piano the buttons. And I thought I wouldn't make use of the bonus features, like tilting the D-pad and adjusting the diagonal sensitivity, but I played around with them and I actually might.

I think the only consistent complaint I've seen is the D-pad wearing out, not immediately but a little too fast. But I can't speak to that.

And it was $30 from US Amazon with Prime. I dunno if that's the cheapest it's been, but it looks like a significant savings.

Plus there's even a switch for scrubs like me to map the actual R1 & R2 shoulder buttons to L1 & L2. So now my left hand just does inputs and my right hand does all the buttons, no more screwing up EX moves because my thumb is oriented differently while I'm hitting the left shoulder buttons.

I'm also considering buying a second one as a backup because it's so inexpensive.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

So would turning off vsync in the ini and setting adaptive vsync in the nvidia drivers work or do I get to choose between:

1) vsync with input lag
2) 600 fps with eye-watering frame tearing

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Night Blade posted:

Played some more tonight but every single match I got was just a lag poo poo mountain.

Yeah, what's up with this? If I get it against a PC player, sure, their settings are too high or they're playing on a toaster. But I also get it from PS4 players with that little squiggle icon on the loading screen that I thought meant a wired connection.

edit - Apparently that icon just means a P2P connection? I guess it was just wifi players all along, which makes sense.

FallenGod fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 18, 2018

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'd apparently forgotten that this series has a link combo system instead of chains, which explains why combos feel so backwards in their difficulty.

Cancel a special into a CA for huge damage? Effortless, you can mash it out. Try to hit confirm one normal into another before doing that special -> CA? Hope you like hitting a ~1/20th of a second window in an online match with latency. :gonk:

In Tekken, bad as I was, I could do easy low execution combos while training my way up to higher damage ones. Here even a basic punish (Ryu LP -> LK -> L Tatsu) has a link into a very short window to cancel off of a light attack. Can't hit the link reliably (or do the tatsu too late and you get blown up)? Guess you just hope that poking the guy with LP will dissuade him from that line of attack.

edit - I think I might literally be too old to play this game.

FallenGod fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 20, 2018

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Arzachel posted:

You don't have to do a link when punishing since you know it's going to hit.

Thanks for a useful response, bizarre attitude aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Woden posted:

I play on wifi and rarely get lag, I do get a few players drop but I just figured that was because I play Mika and Abigail.

They're dropping because you're teleporting all over the goddamn place on their screen :hai:

Also I don't think the PS4 Pro has frame drop issues, just the base PS4.