Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Timely Howard posted:

the best street fighter game is not sf4 or sfv but actually street fighter ex 2 plus

1)
Doctrine Dark.

"explosion..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man Necali got super nerfed.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm telling you, crates or randomized card things with random bullshit inside of them is like the crack cocaine of gaming. Give us some random skinner box thing for grinding matches and you'll have people playing insane hours while also simultaneously hating themselves. Its win win win
NEW DROP for the Weekly Update:
Gold Tier members now have a 1% chance to unlock a PARRY ADVANTAGE card during matches (PA allows for an randomized, instant PARRY of a normal).

Bronze Tier have an Updrop of 15% for HEALTH REGEN cards!!!

This Week's UNLOCKED RETRO FIGHTER is Necro! You have 7 days to complete his training/challenge modes for additional FIGHT MONEY. Go for broke!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fellblade posted:

It is annoying as poo poo when laura's projectile stops you walking back when it's half a screen away.
New Laura tech here guys.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AnonSpore posted:

tough combo challenges
As a scrublord poo poo-tier player, gently caress that timing on some of those combos.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jack Trades posted:

Playing against Mika is so frustrating.
I was playing Mika at a friend's BBQ. Game was pretty close but I VSkilled a Nadesico drop right onto him as he tried to close in to clutch the match.

Dude dropped his controller and walked away.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Golem II posted:

There's videos of guile, why can't I play him?
Building the hypestream.

So you'll be all 'I will knee bazooka, microcrouchwalk standing fierce ex Flash kick all day' and then when you buy him it's all jank.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
A more afro-carribbean default Laura would have been cool

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Night Blade posted:

For the last 30 seconds of the match the opponent was not allowed to play the game. That's neat.
At least the Vtrig sonics just stunlock and don't actually plink away much health???

That's definitely a state of utter bullshit and cool beans comeback though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

cams posted:

this is why not putting up the cash shop immediately was a huge mistake, cause you cannot give people free content then just take it away... there will be a significant negative reaction.
They're probably going to need to do what DoA5 did and unlock one DLC character a month on a limited basis.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

strangemusic posted:

I just got my MAME cabinet working and for gently caress sake Third Strike aka. the greatest game ever doesn't boot properly.

:negative:
Do you have the CHD file (or whatever the CD image Rom thingie is called) in a folder named after the parent Rom (eg: c:/Mame/Roms/sfiii3s)?

Try running whatever version of 3S you have (US/UK/JPN) and if it asks to rebuild the Rom file hit OK then enable turbo and go make a sandwich.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Juri looks like she's wearing a bad power Rangers suit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Popped the game into the PS4 to check out what's new and... all the DLC characters are properly paywalled now? No Story mode yet?

But I can buy Dadbod Ryu and Goggles Cammy with PSmonies?

Jesus.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

dhamster posted:

Rashid at least sort of acted like a human being throughout most of story mode, which was good
Rashid perma-jobbed until his magic hot-blooded Japanese victory at the end.

But at least he didn't have talking ghost sheep or whatever in his story.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That looks annoying as gently caress but is there a reason we didn't see a bunch of throw attempts instead of jabs?

I'm like a poo poo-tier player so I really don't know .

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Big whiff not making Laura into a Felicia alt.

But I suppose Cammy is a shoe in for Queen Bee? Or Chun Like Morrigan

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Is Urien supposed to look like a Pillar Man JoJos? What's his design inspiration??

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Saint Freak posted:

Cool, first-person tatsumakis sounds like a great way to get vomit all over my living room.
Well, not until they announce the Switch VR.

Until then it's just a great way to pass out due to vertigo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Season3 will be licensed likenesses of Notable/Toptier S5 players.

INTRODUCING... DAIGO. LIJOE. INFILTRATION. LTG.... AND MAXIMILLION.

They will all be shotoclones.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dracula Factory posted:

For real I hope they never put Sagat in this game because a hi-low fireball is way too much offensive power and he would probably get dumbed down with low fireball an EX move or something.

Don't be ridiculous.

It would be his V-Trig

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In completely unrelated ramblings: why does Guile and the announcer in SSF2 sound so different?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Really should have had LTG be the 'pro'.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Constellation I posted:

Y'all said the same thing about Alex and Urien and
Now I'm wondering how they'll mess up Q.

"Q takes off mask at end of every fight. In stages where Chun is the opponent, he loudly screams MY DAUGHTER?!"

Q is a brand new cyberaugment suit. He gets armor to all his moves, second fastest walk speed in the game. He is slow in 3S because it is an old suit by then."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Necro could probably bring me back for a sec if they don't completely gently caress up his look. Such a great design.
Necro is now a tall, fair skinned, young man with long hair. gently caress it, let's make him a Urien/Gil bro.

He gets all old and gnarly in Super Story Mode after fighting... uh... let's say Necali.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They did Extreme Butoden on the 3DS right?

The fighting system for that wasn't too deep but the game was fun as hell.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

teagone posted:

:sigh: Captain Marvel looks really good at least.

Danvers looks like they plucked her from a Greg Land comic. Guess they couldn't risk making the kickass female look anything but femme as gently caress.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

A.o.D. posted:

I will forever call this Zwee-fighting.

Same, but the real Zwee master knows not to land any blows so that the Zwee is uninterrupted.

Also to prevent the Taiwanese animation crew to butcher the scene.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Quad posted:

(Truth tho its fun i guess but where's Remy, no one wanted Charlie again, I want my Flash Kick Morissey, dammit.)
Yes brother.

Everyone's going on about Charlie and Guile but I just want my effite French chargeguy with the nice hair badass shirt and giant hands.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
NORMAL sagat: Emaciated SF2 look. Only mid level fireballs, tiger knee is lile Guild's knee bazooka, no Tiger Uppercut.

VTrig: Buffmode Sagat. Traditional Tiger Knee and Uppercut, 16 frames armor, 4 frames invul.

Vtrig2: Muy Thai Master Sagat. Stays lean but a car glows with an awesome power, 3 fireballs in rapid succession, knee travels 1/2 length of screen quickly. Uppercut similar to SSF2 Ken.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

A.o.D. posted:

Is it the same car from the SF2 bonus stage?
Yes. Ken's millionaire insurance policy allowed them to rebuild it. Faster. Stronger. Gaudier.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AndyElusive posted:

I don't give a Falke about budget Rolento.
Were they trying to go for elegant, lethal-without-trying, mastery? Because they landed on bored and slow instead.

gently caress it, just make more Laura Tittyfighters if we're not getting anymore Abigails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
How much is that in BisonBacks?