Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Our superiors say the war is cancelled. We can all go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Breaseths

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
the tatanden engine

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't play this game anymore but I'm fascinated by Capcom's insane attempts to unbalance it in ways they can't possibly understand. How do they do their patented dumbass balance changes, give everyone new V-Skill and not end up with Omega Mode 2.0?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:hmmyes:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm not sure anything could be as disappointing to a 90s SF fan than SFV. Just go have fun getting your rear end kicked at Third Strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Mode 7 posted:

Progress report, climbed to Ultra Bronze tonight. :toot: Got knocked down shortly after but climbed back up by the end of my session!

Really digging Sagat still, I've always enjoyed zoners and playing the patient, frustrate-my-opponent slow game. It's interesting seeing the other playstyles in Super/Ultra Bronze that I've encountered so far - I'm commonly encountering people who have practiced a particular combo to perfection. It's always hugely damaging, they go for it any chance they get, and it swings matches for them because although I'm landing the occasional hitconfirm or f+HK into heavy Tiger Uppercut it just doesn't put out the same level of damage that quickly. They only need to create just a couple of openings to win, whereas I'm achieving victory more through the slow grind down.

I'm finding a lot though that generally these single-combo players have no clue what to do if someone plays patient and defensive, especially the ones who have no other way to launch into the combo other than through jump in.
I think I need to spend some time practicing some better punishes and confirms, just to make sure I'm maximizing the opportunities that I do get.

Think I might play around with Bison for a bit soon as well - he's currently my nightmare matchup and I want the opportunity to be an rear end in a top hat with plus frames absolutely fuckin' everywhere too.

the only real joy I ever got out of SFV was in the early days just playing the frustration/keep away game with FANG