Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Judging by this thread I take it this game is mostly dead, but I'm thinking about buying it as a 90s SF nut (I suck at the game, but enjoy it for what it is). Is Championship edition worth it? I see a lot of folks selling keys for $5 but the upgrade is another $20 (which seems crazy to me, but I guess Capcom needs to make some dough).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Just wrapped up a session earlier. I was bombarded with training and updates to the game (probably 30 windows to close) and I was a bit confused as I saw different "Street Fighters" to choose from. Weird, but OK..

Played with Nash all the way through SFA on Normal mode and everyone was stupid easy, like they barely did anything. I know if/when I play online I'll get my rear end handed to me. Overall the game is fun, but still on the fence about paying for Championship edition. I might anyway since there's like half the roster that shows up with shopping carts (wtf).

I built my PC about 6 months ago but still really surprised at how smooth it ran without any choppiness. I think I still prefer Ultra SF4 but I'll keep at it for now.