Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Jesus loving Christ, does any normal cancel into SPD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Munsun posted:

You can't cancel into spd. you have to spd after the attack finishes.
Interesting. I'm having way more difficulty w/SPD execution in V. Driving me nuts.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Mr Fixit posted:

The most reliable way I've found is to start at forward, and swing the stick around to up back, then punch. The instant air spd is done by going from forward around to up forward, ever so slight pause, then punch. Doing the motion in reverse works, just as long as you end it in the proper position up top.

The super gets easy too if you start at forward, go one full circle, then end it in the up dack position. You can combo it in this game off most normals. A favorite of mine is jumping d+hp, cr.mp, super
This is very helpful, and I'm off to training mode w/this info. Thank you!

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

So uh... everybody online is playing Ken, huh? It's gotta be 90%.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

You didn't play vanilla sf4 then im guessing?

it was closer to 99.
So sick of seeing his stupid loving banana hair clip through his shoulder in the VS screen.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

After days of getting bodied as 'Gief, I finally ranked up to Bronze. I know this isn't a big deal, but it was pretty great to also knock a Ken down a rank in doing so.

It's the little things.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

holy poo poo LI Joe.
Julio on tilt?
edit: that was awesome!

betterinsodapop fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 29, 2016

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Playing on PC with an old 360 Fight Stick PRO.
From what I'm reading in here, there's no reason for me to buy one of the new MadCatz sticks because they don't even loving work on PC? :psyduck:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

teh_Broseph posted:

Is my internet jackin up or is it the servers? Couple signs of my connection maybe flakin out, but video streaming is OK and I keep getting disco'd from the game server mid-match.
Their servers might be jacked. I kept getting put in ranked matches where points and ranking were blank.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Really enjoying NCR so far.
Even Snake Eyez can't make Gief look good in SFV. Goddamn.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

oh ho ho ho ho ho

grown rear end men

oh ho ho ho ho ho
So good!

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Is general consensus that octagonal restrictor plates are loving dogshit?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

bhsman posted:

Someone should post the chart, but it basically has a higher chance of just eating your diagonal imputs when you go for DPs and stuff, or something like that.
Yeah, that's kind of what's going on. It's tough to do DPs. For some stupid reason, I thought it was a good idea to replace the square gate w/the octo gate when I bought this stick a few years ago. Sucks.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Gunder posted:

Theoretically, why would you want an octagonal gate in the first place? Arcade games?
I hadn't really used a stick much, and I think I thought that people rode the restrictor more on inputs. Now I know that's not true. It is really tough to DP or crouch block w/this thing.

edit: Thx for the input, everybody. I'm ordering a square gate from Focus Attack.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Srs question: have you guys seen opponents using lag switches? I swear to god, I was beating the bag out of some dude last night, and suddenly the match got all laggy and I could NOT land a hit on him.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I beat a platinum bipson non-stop for about 20 minutes before they eventually alt+f4'd on another loss and it was really obvious they have been quitting, because all they did was typical braindead-bipson stuff like dash in grab / hk and v-trigger devils-reverse crossup, no matter how often it got jabbed. Why some people think their imaginary internet title means anything at all is beyond me. Only reason I grinded ranked to get gold was so good players were more likely to see my lobby and think 'I'll join that lobby, they're probably decent at least'.
I had to look up "Bipson." That poo poo is loving hilarious. Official Bison Pressure... BEST BIPSON!

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Ryu's 10 challenge is a pain only because they don't really mention the "microwalk."

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Oh gently caress yeah, can't wait to bust out my turtle tactics.
Ryu is not lame enough for me, I need old broomhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Sade posted:

ST Guile main here literally making GBS threads my pants for Guile. When. When is Guile time.
April. Just April.