Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So did they add the option of editing buttons for keyboard? gently caress using gamepads for fighting games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Are rage quitters being punished after the patch?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Does adaptive vsync reduce input lag? gently caress screen tearing in the rear end.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Hope Capcom nerfs Nash in the rear end sometime, I was throwing some loving jabs and he dashed in between punches and grabbed me.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
8 Frames of lag
I can't react
8 Frames of lag
Crush counter timeeeeee!!

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Read this poo poo https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1n7dfv/then_now_analysis_of_the_most_upvoted_complaint/ and say with a straight face that SFV is worse than FFXIV at launch. Not defending the steaming pile of platypus turd that SFV currently is, but FFXIV was somehow even worse.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
God I wish I had spent my 60bux on a line of coke and a below average hooker instead of this trainwreck of a game.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So has Urine been declared garbage yet?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Guys my pc just exploded in my face and burned down my house thanks to this virus crapcom installed how can i sue them

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Can someone explain to me why they say every character is Cody with a slightly different gimmick in this game??

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
I would like to talk about dashes in sfv: Do you find them too fast? I always find myself eating dash-in throws without being able to react to them, it's like every character is loving Makoto from third strike. Ryu's dash in sfv is 16 frames, how fast were dashes in third strike to compare?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
There's a small SFV community in the third world poo poo country I live in and they seem very involved with the game. They try to make me play the game more but I usually refuse to as I prefer to play actual good games like kof98, third strike and ttt2 in an arcade nearby. However, when they ask me why I don't like the game, I usually just point out some reasons that don't seem very convincing to them. Would you guys help me articulate in a concise and comprehensive way why SFV sucks compared to some older fighting games?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

How about you stop being a stick in the mud and let them play what they want to play?

I'm not stopping them, they just insist that I play the game more with them, which is why I'm asking for a way to scientifically articulate my dislike for SFV.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
No meterless invincible reversals means the game becomes even more rush down oriented or it slows down a bit????

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
If you haven't been playing sfv on pc with vsync off and a gsync/freesync monitor to avoid tearing you're a scrub.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
What will you miss most from season 1? I will miss getting aa jabbed, dashed under and hosed in the rear end with a full combo.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So is akuma broken or garbage?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
If SF3 third strike had no parries, would it be just like sfv, or it would still be a better game?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
If ssf2t is blitz chess, sf3 third strike is chess, and sf4 is go, would you say sfv is checkers?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Can somebody tell me, in general terms, the amount of active frames normal attacks have in other fighting games like third strike, kof98, alpha 2/3, guilty gears, etc compared to sfv? I know people generally complain about the stubby range of normals in sfv which is something very easy to see, but active frames not so much.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Would this game be better if they made every character good as hell? Like, increase the range of all stubby normals, double amount of active frames, make dp's invincible again, fireballs more threatening, etc.?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So, has enough hours passed to conclude if kolin is garbage or not?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Of the following gameplay changes, which ones do you think would make sfv better:
-Double active frames of most moves
-Increase range of stubby key normals (like shoto c.mk) for all chars
-Slightly decrease speed of forward dashes
-Give dp invul back
-Remove huge tumor hurtbox underneath jumping models to make aa jabs useless except vs empty jumps
-Make hitboxes match models and animations exactly as you see them
-Generally reduce corner carry
-Remove grey life for blocking
-Make v-reversals a more reliable defensive mechanic (like making them hit faster)
-Chip kills

Otakufag fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 29, 2017

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Would you guys say this high ranked Ryu is a bot? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmD2bzBsGD4
His hit confirms are loving ridiculous.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Hi can someone tell me if ed is good or garbage? Don't wanna risk fm you know.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Please I need an honest to god answer, is the game still garbage????

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Lol they buffed Ryu's fierce dp damage by a minuscule amount (10 dmg) but ONLY if it hits during first frame. It's poo poo like this that makes me believe Capcom sees their poo poo game as a masterpiece of balance and slightly more consequential changes will break their work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Is the flagship character still garbage?