Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
this game is real boring and capcoms implementation of rollback is really bad and it's technically a mess

wait until March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The netcode is really good, until it's really not. Then you realize all the times it was Really Good it was unplayable for the other person. I guess that's cool if you don't care about actually playing a fighting game against another person who is able to react similarly and is having a comparable experience.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHey1vFHcnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_s-gNUSF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ER-fTd-NWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbuoSe4COo

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Dias posted:

Okay, people might say "oh, bebop, you're just being a sour rear end in a top hat" about the other three, but the WORK you have to put in to get a tick throw in this game is ridiculous.

If you don't have a normal that's +3 and leaves you point blank you literally can't tick throw chars with 3f normals.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Pomp posted:

Typically the advantage of 1 button throws is that although they're point blank they have no start up to make up for how much you have to telegraph them.

The advantage of 2 button throws is extra range on top of the start up and whiff animation.

Nothing about 1 button throws necessitates they be short range. Guilty Gear is the game with shortest 1 button throw ranges and they're still respectable, about as short as they should be for a game like that.

Outside of kara throws, street fighter games with 1 button throws have always had more range.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Press the buttons and hold the stick however you want, however is most comfortable, and whatever lets you do all the things you need to do well.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Everybody, even top Japanese players, hold the stick in different ways. Lots of old JP players hold it like Daigo does, lots of old US players have really bad form for Japanese sticks (Justin) because they played on terrible American parts. I started out trying to emulate the Daigo Grip (underhanded with shaft between ring and pinky) and ended up shifting the stick over between middle and ring and wrapping around because it was most comfortable for me and let me do things easier that I was having trouble with.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Also the original tweet was about getting EX SBK from cr.mk instead of EX legs on block. EX legs is safe so you can just kind of throw it out and hope your cr.mk hit but if you have charge and overthrow your motion and go to upforward, you get EX SBK.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jail is a Tekken term for a string that once you block the first move you can't do anything inbetween it and the second. In this case they mean when Sim cancels b+MK into yoga flame, it's a true blockstring and you can't do anything like a super or reversal inbetween.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Who is this Kazunoku guy, I hear James Chen talk about him all the time but I've never seen him play

he didn't do too well in street fighter 4 so he's playing anime and beating everyone because capcom players are just so much better at fighting games than everyone

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

This game almost lasted a week.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Vanrushal posted:

Didn't work for me. :\ It actually tanked my fps to ~20, no matter what my settings were. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

I have an i3 as well and disabling core0 (not 0 and 1) and putting the game in high priority stops my very infrequent FPS dips.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

That video clearly shows that normal and back recovery have different timings because the f+rh is -2 if they normal recover and +2 if they quick recover, though? You can also just record a meaty setup in the corner to hit normal recover and then play it back and do back roll and it will whiff if there's not enough active frames.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Ken EX DP is 4f and his jab DP doesn't beat or trade with safejumps.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 24, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

hey guys im cams and i play laura THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

no i'm cams cant you tell by my exclaiming that LAURA IS THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME and also THAT I PLAY HER

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Ports have nothing to do with the latency of a connection (outside of the differences between TCP/UDP) and everything to do with whether you can actually make the connection in the first place. If you started getting less laggy matches once you opened your ports, it's either confirmation bias or something hilariously wrong with their implementation.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Even though my last post was dismissive, you should probably open those ports if you do any gaming on Steam on PC.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i went to wednesday night fights and all i learned was LAURA IS THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://jii.moe/41SIkiwse.mp4

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I don't know if you want to use FSP as an example of "best players."

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Okita posted:

I'm having a hard time telling if Momochi is actually hit confirming Ken's b.MP alone or if he just knows it's going to hit in certain situations.
but if he's confirming the b.MP alone, jesus christ that's inhuman.

Ken b+MP is really easy to confirm into target combo, the cancel window is extremely big. If you just put the dummy on random block you should be able to do it.

The timestamp you're talking about he's probably just throwing it out and buffering into fierce after blocking kikoken because Chuns love dashing in.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

She can also just do nothing after overhead, which is unsafe, but you're not going to punish it if you just sit there crouch blocking. The universal response you can do is a fast (4f) crouching normal cancelled into something. Ken for example can block the overhead punch then do cr.LP cancelled into fierce DP. If she does nothing, you punish with cr.LP into fierce DP. If she does slide, you interrupt the slide with cr.LP into fierce DP. If she does the grab you whiff cr.LP then the DP autocorrects and hits her on the other side.

Obviously not every character is going to have something as good as that, but it's good to know basically everybody can just mash cr.LP and avoid all 3 options.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

fnox posted:

Wasn't Capcom getting rid of poo poo like OS and kara moves lol?

You'll never get rid of option selects and the more mechanics you add into a game the more prevalent they will be. All they did was shift stuff around to limit the "big offenders" from SF4 (throw whiff on crouch tech, no invin backdash, less hard knockdowns to limit meaty/safejump pressure). They will maybe do some stuff to attempt to get rid of some of them but to be honest the consequences of the solution to most option selects are often messier than the consequence of the option select.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

laura has the worst colors in the game

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

i'M GOING TO LET YOU GUYS IN ON A SECRET whoops capslocks.

Every character seems to haveo ne move they can do over and over to cheese out survival mode.

For vega you can do the inazuma drop on everyone even laura. Although it takes absolute perfection and I still havent beaten it doing it with him. The rest of his moves dont work :(

For Ken its the easiest to spam shoryuken literally DP over and over and over and over and you cannot fail. YOu can beat hell mode doing it.

IDK if the same is for Ryu on that.

I'd wager that for bison its just spinning kick over and over.

FOr some reason if you want colors.

But yeah vega is hosed because he has no corner wakeup tech.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

street fighter V: yes, or no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Do as I say, not as I do.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I don't get it, what's funny about that.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I don't know what I expected since FG threads here have turned into a huge scrub hugbox but people who play fighting games generally have opinions on them past "have fun is good." Almost every fighting game inherently has something I find fun about it, and I can enjoy myself momentarily playing the biggest piece of poo poo games if I'm learning something new and applying it against another person. I can enjoy a game overall and also poo poo on it for the things I don't like about it because those are the things that will eventually keep me from playing it long-term.

I think it's weirder to post a screenshot of my steam profile because I posted a joke vid in reply to a post designed to elicit such a response.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Nodoze posted:

So you can OS specials/Critical Art with throw :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/qHjdl9NMLbs

Cool a super obvious/useless thing that people will parade around as Sick Tech for a week and nobody will actually do it ever because its bad.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Even discounting unblockables, Aegis is entirely too powerful to be a vtrigger in SF5. You already have rough equivalents with Rashids tornado which leads to one mixup with generally low reward and Dhalsims which has high potential reward but doesn't actually lock you down. Aegis locks you down and always guarantees two mixups, the first with huge reward and the second with low reward.

So either a Real Aegis will be his super or we'll get a lovely Aegis as his vtrigger.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I would play pink hair lady and also buy a pillow with her on it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I mean, we've known the hitboxes are terribad for a while. The reason every character can anti-air with stand jab is because every jump-in looks like this:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Post the Cammy divekick

Also bonus, guess the move:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

What are the grey boxes in dantarion's frame data?

Proximity block. Basically if the grey box overlaps your hurtbox and you're holding back/downback you will go into block animation (and in the case of back, be unable to walk backwards).

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

E: while I'm at it

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

3s does the "vulnerable hitboxes stay extended after a move stops being active" thing a lot too:

There's a big difference when in SF5 the extended hurtbox appears before and during the active frames, is almost always bigger than the hitbox, and sometimes just gets bigger after the active frames go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

It's Zato doing Break The Law so she can be in proximity to do close Slash without the other characters hurtbox obscuring the view.