Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Can someone explain to me how increasing charge time makes charge characters easier to play?? I'm not sure if i'm reading that wrong or not.

Their wording is really bad and makes me think the change list was handed over untranslated and then poorly translated and then poo poo out in the change log without much thought.

It means that you have 10 frames after letting go of a charge to complete the charge input and still get a move. IE you hold back for however many frames you need to charge a sonic boom, then hold forward for 9 frames, then press a button and you will still get the sonic boom. Previously you could only hold forward for 5 frames.

The main application of this is cancelling standing normals into down charge moves, an example being Uriens headbutt loops or f+MP into headbutt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Everyone who hates SF5 was run out for fear of being associated with Jack Trades.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Yea theres literally a pixel of yellow life on Bisons side and nothing on Ibukis side.

No chip death is bad.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Fighting game netcode is peer to peer, servers (should) have no part of it beyond matchmaking.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

SF5 Season 37 Change List:

Adjusted Hypno Mecha-Ken's toward+Ultraheavy Kick hitbox 2 pixels vertically so it can be countered by Zangiefs Dumb loving Move That Literally Exists.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Dan was mid tier in SF4 from AE and on.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

He just had pretty good normals, good meter build, and a really good super that did a ton of damage and took like 5 minutes to learn the multiple easy confirms into it.

He wasn't even the best character in the game, just by far the easiest

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Sweeps weren't universally unsafe in Street Fighter until 5.

They went thru extra effort to make them unsafe in this version down to specifically reducing the pushback on them and making them have extended hurtboxes that linger super long into recovery so that they're pretty much universally punishable at any range.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Because I remember that being extremely annoying at first, when I started playing SFV. Not being able to punish sweeps of all things. With his normals being all slow rear end and garbage.

if you can't punish sweeps in sf5 i think its you being rear end and garbage

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

bad metaphors posted:

(I casually walk up to the mic when the street fighter panel opens up for Q&A and talk as slowly as possible, making sure to say everyone's full birth names) Do you think Charlie Nash would vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Rodham Clinton? It's extremely important to me because that would make or break my whole experience with the game.

awkward silence occasionally broken up by stilted laughter from the crowd as ono's translator relays the question to him

ono nods as he finishes, then sits silent for a moment. he leans toward the mic and says, in perfect english,

"stop posting"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I wish henaki was dark prince

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Spooky streamed leaked copies of SSF4 and he got to stream EVO.

There's no justice.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Goodpart posted:

I don't see why you'd ever play footsies

my mans do you know what game this is

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Infiltration didn't play at all.

Also they gave them Saulabis to play on because they knew they would mash furiously and probably break something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abjf62vJRR4

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

its probably because they were playing with koreans, saulabis are a korean thing

I know that, but there hasn't been a new Saulabi stick in like 10 years and the grey cases were PS2 sticks. Everyone just uses Madcatz/Razer/Qanba and that's what everyone besides the contestants were using.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

http://store.steampowered.com/app/631560/

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: I'm having Zero issues

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If you're doing a reversal you're not cancelling pre-jump frames into the move.

Also 8 pre-jump frames is loving ridiculous. Does he even have a 360/720?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Someone at Capcom deserves credit because Menat is by far the best thing in the game and all else being equal the rest of the game being of that quality would've made a huge difference.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

dog house posted:

the real burden is reading your posts buddy

:eyepop:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I don't know if they want to call out infiltration that blatantly

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Everything in this game is the same and if you can play one char you can play them all.

Like honestly there's like 3 things in this game that are actually any harder to execute than other things and none of them are required to be good with whatever char they belong to.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Should I make an effortpost about why the execution in SF5 being so easy is not only boring but actively detrimental to gameplay.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Gill was also never playable until 3SOE so he doesn't even count really.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

What do you derive $600 a day for 10,000 unique connections from.

There a lot of things that determine hosting cost, being purely a middle-man for P2P connections is not exactly intensive, the bulk of hosting costs would be for extraneous things. In the case of a company like Arika, hiring someone who knows what they're doing and can develop the thing would be most of the cost. The cost and effort is higher than people think, but the hosting costs themselves are likely not the dealbreaker.

The most important thing is hosting services are very complicated and costs trend down the higher scale you get and someone who has no idea what they're doing cannot hope to accurately predict the cost of something like this and it's already a problem because they'd likely have to hire someone to know how much it would even cost.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 16, 2018

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

They are most likely using a definition of users that doesn't mean what you think it means.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

An important thing is CFN is very featured compared to basically any fighting game Service and way more than what you Need. All you really need is a list of people you can play, which in a P2P scenario and done on something scalable and can be way cheaper than any estimate you could find.

The GameLift example is for dedicated session-based games which requires much much much more computation power than just matchmaking P2P sessions. Basically an instance of the game running for each session. Imagine a server running a copy of SF5 for every match going on - it's just unfeasible.

Like the servers for something like the #R PC netplay hack are probably running on some russian dudes laptop and could probably handle 100x the traffic they get.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 16, 2018

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

It costs $60 to get all the characters and online is still unplayable 3 years later.

edit: $65 because Kage is not in a season pass.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

darealkooky posted:

unlike SF4 which was a game aimed at casual SF2 nostalgia fans but was full of 1frame links and OSes

What does this even mean? You know that game had one frame links and option selects also, right? Why does that matter to Casual SF2 Nostalgia fans?

Not even going to touch the 5/3s comparison because the only possible one you can make is that dashes are fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

SF5 repeats button inputs for 2 frames after you hit them, so 1f links have a 3f input window. I'd say the special move leniency is basically the same and in some cases more strict (DP buffering). The buffer window for cancelling into specials from normals is much bigger though, and cancel windows are more generous.

It is a much easier game to play than SF4 overall.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 2, 2020