Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

zelah posted:

Happy to report that Vega can’t do poo poo with his vertical sky flip thing against Chun Li. The improvements to b+HK means they’ll get knocked out of the sky no matter if they try to cross you up with it or not

Are you trying to do raw wall dives? Don't do that. That hasn't been a viable strategy since Super Turbo. Every character has a button that beats that, and most can make you pay super hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

well, at least it's pretty much unanimous that Vega is unplayable garbage.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

Tournament banned* Stage-based vertically-aligned attack's

Tournament banned Stage-based vertically-aligned attacks that are strictly worse that everything already in his moveset.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm confused, where are the Vega nerfs at?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I haven't played SFV since early in season 2. I'm hoping to keep that streak alive, but the possibility that G is actually Q has me worried.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zooted heh posted:

I'm no expert but everyone is saying he a lot better than he was. his anti air options is his big buff and it feels like in general his hit boxes got better while in claw.

but some of his frame traps were changed or don't work anymore. his ex fba come down is slower and you cant do the light roll loop anymore. I personally think clawless is pretty underwhelming considereing the changes to command grabs.

put me in the camp of liking Vega not being a charge character. I've always liked Vega and never got to fully play him because I'm really bad with chargers so color me shocked when he was changed.

That's odd. Every discussion I've seen of Vega so far is that he's easily the worst character in the game right now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oh you blocked a rainbow ball in vtrigger? That's nice.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UdFhl7y30Z4

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I can do you one better. He's reverted to Street Fighter 1, and tiger shots are all he has.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

NORMAL sagat: Emaciated SF2 look. Only mid level fireballs, tiger knee is lile Guild's knee bazooka, no Tiger Uppercut.

VTrig: Buffmode Sagat. Traditional Tiger Knee and Uppercut, 16 frames armor, 4 frames invul.

Vtrig2: Muy Thai Master Sagat. Stays lean but a car glows with an awesome power, 3 fireballs in rapid succession, knee travels 1/2 length of screen quickly. Uppercut similar to SSF2 Ken.

Is it the same car from the SF2 bonus stage?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hello, police? I'd like to report a murder. Some Japanese guys just murdered a Canadian in broad daylight.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Street Fighter V isn't the game we want, it's the game we deserve.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's a good game.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hey now, tofu can be quite tasty when prepared well.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Cody makes me want to play this game

But how did a convicted criminal (with multiple prison escapes on his record) get elected and voted into office as Mayor of a major American city? MY IMMERSION.

Cody was framed by a corrupt cop, so presumably the truth got out and he his convictions were overturned.

However, being a convicted criminal doesn't necessarily prevent you from holding office, as a helpful poster already pointed out.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Friend, grab a chair and let me tell you the tale, of a very special Mayor of Toronto...

As Romeo loved Juliette, Rob Ford loved crack cocaine.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Man, why did they give Q some of Omega Rugal '98's moves?

Omega Qgal.

Qmega Rugal.

Omeqa Ruqal.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Another goku

Have they added :goku: to the game yet?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

G is

pretty good.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Goodpart posted:

Cammy eats this poo poo up free

Please elaborate, because her dive kick sure doesn't.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Goodpart posted:

this:

is why.

If you time it to the start of the jump to catch an early divekick it'll work if she actually does it, but whiff if she doesn't. If you time it to mid-jump it'll catch a raw jump in, but get beaten by a divekick assuming the jump arc is right.

Even Nemo has some issues with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRj7QihLmLc

He successfully AAs a divekick once with shield, and that's with VT popped. Every other time it's an air to air, I think one crHP and the rest were just blocked or failed.

It's actually really reassuring to see Nemo struggle with the same problems with the character that I've been having :shobon:

You linked a video where Nemo dropped every single one of his punishes in round one, and he attempts a v-skill anti air that is snuffed. However, everything he did that round the timing was off. Later in that same video, Nemo has clearly found his groove and even wins a round with a v-skill anti-air. I'm not sure you've proven your point.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

whoa is that a real costume color?

Color 15 for his story costume.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Appropriate, since he tells you to Light It Up every time he does his super.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Does any character have an air special that works on neutral or back jump yet?

G-skill

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

You can play Cammy like everyone else 😉

I dunno, she seems pretty weak. She probably needs a few buffs.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ha ha they're still nerfing Vega.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

You can still find him in character select, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

For those who don't watch wrestling she ran under the ring and hid down there holding down back for half the round before she got stunned with a single mixup and eliminated

A reasonably authentic experience.