Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played and found a game in like 10 seconds, which has been the case for me since like forever so ymmv.

Queue times/general population size has been maybe the best thing about the game. Actually loading into the game that it quickly found has probably been the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

angel opportunity posted:

Just started playing this really late. No one on discord wants to play, but it's pretty fun to me.

Add me "angelopportunity" if you want to play. I'm in NE United States

You picked a hard time to jump in and find games given Tekken just came out and all. I'll play you sometime if you hit me up in discord.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why on earth do I need to login to a Capcom account to look at frame data

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like how weird the Juri theme is, compared to like the Ryu or Nash themes which feel kind of boring to me

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The FM comes sometime in August. Also I launched the client for the first time in a while and found a game in literally 5 seconds so it sure doesn't seem dead to me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think most of the S2 new characters have been pretty decent, or at least more interesting than the rest of the lineup.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played yesterday for the first time in a month or two and shithoused some Silver Abagail with my Ultra Bronze Karin and I felt like a complete bad rear end.

Karin owns and is fun to play.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll play some arcade mode when it releases but it is still really funny that it has taken a whole two years for such a simple feature to be added.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The S2 DLC characters were all pretty fun and the new v-trigger stuff seems promising so I will probably will give it a shot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

The only time it sucks if you're in a string of rematches with the same person I might want to try another character without having to peace out on someone I'm having fun with.

Invite the dude to a lobby

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/953277449760067584

The Critically Acclaimed Arcade Edition

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is no bundle that includes stages and costumes and whatnot, right? The stuff on sale just unlocks characters from all the seasons and some colors?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

AceOfFlames posted:

So is this game worth getting now with the Arcade Edition update? I'm thinking of getting the PC version (don't have a PS4)

If you are looking for a modern SF game then it's fine and you can actually reasonably play offline now with the arcade modes. I think it's fun and have gotten my money out of it by this point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have a PC and good connection and the vast majority of my games are fine. Not to say that isn't the cause or that I don't occasionally have problems but the actual answer feels more complicated than that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know what Kolin is supposed to be good at because I'm stumped.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

kolin is super good at keeping pressure

also her v-trigger 2 is legit insane and i love it

Yeah her VT2 makes her feel a lot better. I'm starting to get the hang of her but I don't know I keep picking characters with awful anti-air options.

Also it would be great if Capcom did matchmaking like Tekken, when if I am starting a new character I get lumped into queue with other people relatively new (or really bad) with their characters. Last night and today I was casual queuing with an apparent endless sea of level 50000 Ryu players for some reason. It would be more fun if I could learn Kolin against some guy who was learning Gief or something like that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Ryu sucks seems like a pretty wideheld belief

https://twitter.com/Classicbts/status/956326933087838209

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know but it would be cool if he is good because it is fun character to watch play at a super high level

Ibuki would be fun too I think

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Abigail is really good, he will definitely be in at least some top 8s

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Play Karen

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Complaints about 'all the characters are the same' or the 2P boob physics bug all stem from people probably not playing the game since 2016. I'm not saying it is a super great game or anything but come on.

I do think that the individual characters having an optimal button/combo with no reason to deviate is pretty valid. You can tell Capcom tried to address it somewhat with the new vtriggers but I think now there is just an optimal vtrigger to throw onto the min max pile. I'm not really sure what they can do at this stage to add combo variety.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Heh just wait until the Kappa boys get a load of this one

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Laura is fun in case anyone wants to talk about SF instead of c/ping stupid r/kappa bullshit I enjoy command throwing people

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man Sagat actually looks good

Not having hair probably helps tbh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Have they said anywhere many seasons are they planning? I assume we are still like 4+ years away from a SF6 or V: Double Impact or something like that

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Birdie's V-Trigger is an insulin shot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

So I have been playing Falke and she is very fun and good (kinda reminds me of Venom from GG, but nowhere near as complex or cool).

Based on my track record with this game, she is probably one of the worst characters in the game and I have picked another stinker right? :ohdear:

I don't know anything about Falke but if she is fun to you play her :)

If she sucks then she won't get used much and you'll probably win a bunch just on lack of familiarity in the normal skill mm queue.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gil died on the way back to his home planet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The ad placement stuff is so bad that it almost feels like accidental elaborate social commentary on the Ills of Capitalism or something. I'm curious to see if they actually get a real sponsor so that we can see done McDonalds logos on Dhalsim's skulls.

SFV still manages to almost always find me game within seconds of queueing, which no other FG that I have manages to do. Seems like a lot of people still play it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is Sakura playable yet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can queue into a match usually within 30 seconds years after launch that's pretty nice

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So is Capcom pretty much done working on this game? The only thing I've seen from E3 is a new stage, which makes me guess they are done making characters for it. I'm out of the loop so maybe I missed something.

I probably liked this game more than most people but do sort of hope they bury it at this point and start something new.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Play Karin she is fun and you can make people real mad

e: fair warning I haven't played in like 6 months so I'm sorry if she is bad now

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think the last few rounds of new characters almost all look way better than the original cast, like they figured something out or found a new guy to design everything

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the newer characters are more fun that a lot of the initial ones but if you can get the base game for cheap then do that and see if you like it.

The 30th anniversary pack also goes on sale pretty often so you could just play that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know much about Cody so someone else can hopefully help you there, but as a general rule of thumb you can punish whiffed DP using a crush combo which can then end on a super if you have meter

This is from a random YT search for Cody's crush counters (meaning I don't know if they all still work or whatever)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_knfqfpdcNc

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll play against you some time. Are you on the fighting game discord or anything? I'm not usually like idling in SFV

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah you should be out of Bronze pretty soon once you get a few combos down and learn to punish stuff. For reference my old PC account was usually low Silver or Super Bronze but I also had not played in like six+ months so I am certainly not a good measuring stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
wrong thread sorry