Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

unpacked robinhood posted:

I don't know how you assholes manage to lift so much when i can barely handle the bar. Maybe im weak and lame

Well I started with the bar and increased the weight a bit each time I went to the gym. Then I stopped going to the gym because it was getting too difficult, but then restarted when I felt like I was a weak sack of poo poo. Then I stopped going again because lifting is hard and I wanted to eat pizza a lot. Then like 3 months later I started going to the gym again.

Repeat this like 6-7 times and now I'm going regularly and working on squatting three plates for 3x5 and seeing my abs for the first time by summer. So the lesson is that you should never quit. OR you can quit, like, a lot, but never really really quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Lol I went from 115 to 160 while cutting.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Weight loss is tough for me because lifting while on a caloric deficit is the worst thing in the world, but if I stop lifting then I feel like poo poo. So I'm in a permanent state of frustrating mediocrity because I can't commit to cutting or bulking

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Cottage cheese

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

One day I experimented with adding peanut butter into my bowl of cottage cheese. It worked

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

And if you don't want too many calories you can substitute the peanut butter for those powdered PB2 things.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

job interview stress is making me hungry as gently caress all the time. I have to be ridiculously strict with my meals otherwise I just eat everything.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I just use a stick and toilet paper

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Konstantin Konstantinovs (cool name) does kipping pull ups, but his chin goes over the bar with every rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boLl8rGhJvE

And it's not ridiculously exaggerated.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

It's like I lost 30 pounds just by realizing how much I actually ate by calorie counting, but now I have to lose the last 15 pounds or so that's left but I can't because I actually have to stick to some meal plan for about 3 months to do that. And work out hard at the same time. And not fall off the wagon immediately when something stressful/bad happens in my life.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Zzulu posted:

dont be weak

hope this helsp

Good luck not feeling like a weakling as you cut

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Gaz2k21 posted:

This is what causes me to fail......every time

When I bulk I feel fat as poo poo. When I cut I feel like a skinnyfat weakling. When I do neither I feel like myself which is like the worst of all options

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Number one rule of online fitness message boards: No matter what you do or complain about, there is someone who is doing at least as much with little to no difficulty. Are you at a 500 kcal deficit and you are proud that you keep working out even though you feel like poo poo and barely sleep due to hunger? Here's a guy who eats 500 calories less even though he's a foot taller and then runs a 10k after each workout, and he just got a promotion at work! Do you feel proud of yourself because you worked hard to lose 30 pounds in the last 3 years and changed your life? Well how about this dude who was morbidly obese last year but now has washboard abs and just ran his third marathon!

I shall now try to satiate my frustration and sense of inadequacy by going to the gym and lifting some stuff.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I want to do nothing because of constant mild hunger, but if I do nothing I get bored and want to eat even more.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I have embraced the autism in order to stop looking like a fat gently caress. After trial and error I discovered that I can eat like 1000 calories less than my usual if I eat very little (about 100 calories) in the morning and eat larger and larger meals at set intervals until I eat my largest meal (800) about 1 hour before bedtime.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

My gym has hex plates so deadlifts suck

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I only wake up early and work out because it makes me feel so smug. After every workout I'm like holy poo poo I'm only awake for two hours and I've already done something that makes me stronger and more attractive.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

So I want to eat around 1800 calories a day for a few months. Do it right this time, lots of veggies and balanced meals. Thing is I only know how to make egg white omelettes, grilled chicken, plain pasta, rice (in a rice cooker), and microwave frozen veggies.

Any suggestions?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

notZaar posted:

Bag of mixed greens, fresh tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. There's your side dish for the next couple of weeks you poor bastard.

So you just eat them raw or stir fry them or what?

soy posted:

Eat fats you dumbass

It's tough since it's hard to keep a meal both high fat and low calorie. I usually eat some almonds and cashews and stuff...

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

on non-lift days commit yourself to a small lunch and a protein/veggie heavy dinner. on lift days let yourself eat more for lunch and maybe even have a breakfast but make sure your dinner is lower in calories than it typically is, but still equally high in protein. (assuming you lift in the evenings before dinner like i do)

dehumanize yourself and face to chicken breast

I work out at 7am. I envy your boundless energy that enables you to work out at the end of a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

"I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing" breakfast experiment: Heat pan, put 230g egg whites, then put 40g rolled oats on top of the egg whites immediately. Mix with spatula for about a minute.

Result: Scrambled egg whites with oats. Tastes all right with a bit of salt and cinnamon. 290 calories, 30g protein, 35g carbs, 1g fat (lol).

• Locked thread