Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I was using ear buds but apparently my left ear canal was more swole than the right and when I would push real hard, the left bud always popped out. Then I got bluetooth earbuds with the little clip thing that goes over your ear, and my god it changed my life. You can't even feel them and they never move. These things are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm beginning to think it should be legal to whap a person who doesn't offload their plates in the shin with an iron bar, Nancy Kerrigan style.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

It's pretty absurd to think that our modern lives have become so free of toil and exertion that we have to invent devices and dedicate time to mimicking the hunting behaviors of our primitive ancestors.

That's just the nature of.civilization. we specialize so not everyone has to hunt, but our physiologies don't know that.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was in the gym this morning pushing hard as usual and an old man came up to me and said, "I hope I'm not here when your heart explodes." I wasn't sure whether to say thanks, or suggest he GF himself.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Because the wife makes us go on so many vacations in the Summer I just got back in the pool this morning for the first time in a month and a half to swim laps. Doing a mile was easy before but today it felt weird and I'm worn out.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nostratic posted:

My resolve broke and I finally started taking steroids.

Corticosteroids for a respiratory infection :(

Oh man ur gonna be HUGE.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I accepted bench into my life and I was changed forever.

Have you found bench?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Saw a dude the other day put his feet up on the bench, arch his back really high, and do his "declines" that way. It was insane, considering there was an actual decline bench about 12 feet away from him.

Do you ever look at somebody in the gym and just kind of silently root for them to hurt themselves?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I went kayaking with my young kid the other day on a big bay and it ended up getting windy and we had to go against the wind to get back to the car. It got so bad he couldn't even paddle back under the big bridge, the wind whipping through there was pushing him sideways and turning him around. After a few minutes of trying to nudge him through with my own kayak I said gently caress IT and lashed the nose of his kayak to the rear end of mine with my leather belt, and power-paddled the mile back to the put-in. The whole time I was thinking like THANK YOU STRONG SHOULDER AND ROWS WORKOUTS FOR THE LAST YEAR.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

eat:

salami
burritos
maybe some broccoli/spinach (for pooping)

I keep seeing diet tips in this thread that smell dubious.... and I see salami and burittos pop often more often than anything.

Not sure if serious.

I am not a dietitian and don't really know aside from if you're trying to lose fat or keep it off, avoid sugar/carbs, and eat lots of protein for good muscle mass.

So, salami and burritos? Is that Arnold's old training diet?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason I think beats headphones in a gym look retarded. And I tried a few different styles of earbuds, but it was like I would flex my ear canal and that poo poo would pop right out mid rep.

But then I tried a set with the hook that goes over your ear, and I love those.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Lightweight-Microphone-Compatible/dp/B00C48MMCA/ref=sr_1_11

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Profondo Rosso posted:

there is nothing more annoying then ur headphones falling out halfway through a set of squats and you have to finish the set to whatever poo poo music the gym is playing.

Why I love the ear hook.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
By the time I ever notice anything the dick is already gone and the weights are still racked. I see abandoned weights on bars all the time but don't think I've ever actually noticed someone abandoning them. Since I don't set up an observation post, I just assume if someone is still in the area, they are between sets, and I move on.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Freaking out when things aren't all put back in their proper place is a sign of autism.

Having to clean up someone elses poo poo before you can do your own thing and getting annoyed is a sign of you're sick of other people being assholes. It isn't uncommon... among non-assholes.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

I had sex with a woman before working out today and every lift was weak as poo poo.

Aint that the truth. My post-sex workouts are lots of stretching, less weight, slightly more reps. The power just isn't going to be there... I left it in her vagina that morning. WIth my SALAMI.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SpeedyCow posted:

They become curls, the best exercise

Also one time the top of a pull up bar smelled like old hockey gloves which, in case you don't know, is like BO x 1000. It only happened that one time, and I never figured out how it was possible, but every rep was like pulling my face in to the taint of a 400lb man who hadn't showered in millennia

And THAT is why I wear gloves in the gym even on the padded stuff. Anything that reduces my skin contact with stuff a thousand unwashed sweaty fat people have touched is something I am going to do.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A dare all of you to post pics of yourselves licking the equipment and show how swole it is making your immune systems. :-D

Bonus if there is also salami in the pic.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I thought the box was a hygienic way to catch the meaty contents of your prolapsed anus and colon when it shoots out of the leg hole of your shorts. Also salami storage.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

but yeah my point is that people who don't work out are genuinely subhuman and feel that their sloth is more important than millions of years of toil for mere survival

That reminds me of the old saw about being childless and proud.... literally over a billion years of life on the planet, every single one of your ancestors... the awesome ones and the dorks, right back to the primitive prokaryotes, managed to reproduce at least once.... and then you came along.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Hey you know that rack where the bar slides up and down the rails, and there are hooks so you can just twist the bar and latch it on to the rack?

I've seen people squatting in that thing, benching, incline benching, decline benching with the sit-up bench, and yeah, even curling.... but today I saw two guys taking turns.... lying on the floor on their backs, feet pushing up on the bar, doing leg presses. That was a new one. Is that an awesome idea, or stupid as hell? I mean, there's a squat sled right over there, and a legit squat rack a few feet away from that, and leg extension and curl machines.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

A lot of individual organisms don't reproduce, that's why most animals have more than one offspring.

Yeah and I said everyone one of YOUR ancestors did. Am I wrong?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

I'm just trying to explain why it's OK that I never gently caress.

Ah, my bad. Carry on!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Defiant Sally posted:

lol if you give a poo poo about other people's hair in the gym

I sometimes worry about laying on a bench right after someone who has lice. You know someone with lice is in the gym, sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pesmerga posted:

Things I have seen on the bodybuilding forums: -

'What is a good exercise to become taller?' :psyduck:

TBH, I gained about an inch and a half on an inversion table..... but this is after I lost two inches from spine compression. :-) I would invert on that thing and over 10 minutes feel my shoulders slide down the bench as my disks decompressed. It felt great and seems to have permanently fixed a lot of back pain I was having.

• Locked thread