Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Not even referring to poo poo like affirmative action or infantilizing discourse. I mean good old fashioned run of the mill racism. As a minority myself, I really cannot understand the difference between Stormfronters telling me that my race has low IQs or impaired judgment abilities, and BernieBros telling me that minorities are just too politically unaware or uninformed to make good choices.

No, we're not loving uninformed. We just make decisions that we, ourselves, as the rational thinking agents that were are, find beneficial to us. For republicans, that's mostly Trump. For democrats, it's mostly Hillary. How about instead of trying to shame and insult us, BernieBots just quit trying to take up the White Man's Burden, and face the fact that unlike Trump, Bernie just didn't think of minorities when drafting his plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
The problem with Bernie supporters is that they won't acknowledge that it is legitimate to support Hilary. They subscribe to the madness of modernity, the idea that if only the other person knew what I know, they could not reasonably disagree. If someone disagrees they are either wrongly informed, ignorant, or unreasonable. This doesn't lend itself to civil discourse too well.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I am too.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
As a majority, I don't care about minorities or how anybody treats them. Sorry :(

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

I am too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The entire democratic party in the US is suffused with the kind of paternalistic racism you talk about, OP. It's not just Bernie supporters.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
The funny part is, they are the guys who are always calling other people racist.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

I don't know why such large blocks of voters are expected to all vote in unison by anyone. Any candidate lumping a whole race together and saying they 'have them covered' is pandering at the least and racist at worst.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's a more significant generational split anyway

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I hear Bernie never cared about minorities

Back in the civil rights movement he was just there for the girls

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's pretty loving disgusting IMHO.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Dontcha just wanna take are country back?!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the liberal welfare state is worse for black people than slavery

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I just want to know what I get out of the deal. #earnmyvote

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Nice troll thread, op 👍

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Congratulations on finding you're way off the liberal plantation, OP.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Trump getting a large amount of support from the African American community is going to going to be v. funny to watch.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

furiouskoala posted:

The problem with Bernie supporters is that they won't acknowledge that it is legitimate to support Hilary. They subscribe to the madness of modernity, the idea that if only the other person knew what I know, they could not reasonably disagree. If someone disagrees they are either wrongly informed, ignorant, or unreasonable. This doesn't lend itself to civil discourse too well.

That doesn't make sense because Bernie has a Marxist inspired ideology and a major part of Marx is how people have their perspectives altered by the relations of production.

Marxism describes how and predicts that people will follow what they see as their own good reasoning while acting against their interests.

That's not a moralistic judgement, it's a description of how ideology works.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
TRUMP!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
aren't you brazilian op?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
yes, op.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Trump getting a large amount of support from the African American community is going to going to be v. funny to watch.

I'm half black, my fiance is latino, and we are both Trump supporters. The hugest turn off about Sanders (besides him just being a general fuckboy) is that attitude of 'we know what minorities want more than they do, how can they possibly not support him?! It must be because they don't know any better'. gently caress that noise, I watch the news, I can use google, and I resent the implication that I would automatically support Sanders if I was smarter or something.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
sanders supporters (SS) identify the miniorty then go out of their way to denigrate them

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Commie NedFlanders posted:

That doesn't make sense because Bernie has a Marxist inspired ideology and a major part of Marx is how people have their perspectives altered by the relations of production.

Marxism describes how and predicts that people will follow what they see as their own good reasoning while acting against their interests.

That's not a moralistic judgement, it's a description of how ideology works.

"its impossible that my ideology is flawed because the internal logic of my ideology proves itself to be objective".

There are good reasons Grand Theories are no longer seriously considered anymore.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I hear Bernie never cared about minorities

Back in the civil rights movement he was just there for the girls

Growing up he subsisted on sugar beets and visiting historic sugar houses, then in his youth he got his fill of brown sugar, finally as an adult Bernie Sanders moved on to pure maple syrup.

Bernie Sanders is an ant.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Find me a photograph of Hillary hugging a black person that's not a fellow politician/dignitary/celebrity

You can't

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Yaaaas

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

anyone who talks about demographic groups in general terms is literally double hitler

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm half black, my fiance is latino, and we are both Trump supporters. The hugest turn off about Sanders (besides him just being a general fuckboy) is that attitude of 'we know what minorities want more than they do, how can they possibly not support him?! It must be because they don't know any better'. gently caress that noise, I watch the news, I can use google, and I resent the implication that I would automatically support Sanders if I was smarter or something.

Thank you for your support. Together we will make America great again.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

That's cool so what issues matter to you?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

EugeneJ posted:

Find me a photograph of Hillary hugging a black person that's not a fellow politician/dignitary/celebrity

You can't

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think the problem OP is that you're an idiot.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

What's ur opinion on hiltery clinton

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

As a minority voter I'm very offended by Bernie Sanders

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Sanders success shows there is a long way to go in the racial healing of the United States.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

EugeneJ posted:

You can't

She's not really a hugger.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Personally I'm very sick of the casual racism prevalent within the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Reddit is bad and nobody should visit there.

• Locked thread