Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the caucuses?
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jeb, somehow
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Oh wow I thought all the "Beck gets GTFOed by Trump" tweets were exaggerated.

It's literally what happened. He didn't stand a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
CNN is going to burn that god drat breaking new banner into my TV. Come on it's not breaking that the US is entering a fascist regime.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god drat i love this

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Look at the date you dingus.

god drat it

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
CNN now trying to stump the trump, it's not possible!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

four straight posts with "drat", three with a variation of "goddamn"

tonight has been a night

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Plinkey posted:

CNN now trying to stump the trump, it's not possible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKHasVckAyk

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/status/702374966654795777

CubsWoo has issued a correction as of 07:56 on Feb 24, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

quote:

Trump: 46.8%

:captainpop::chanpop::gary::dogbutton::goshawk:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jewel Repetition posted:

:toxx: if Trump get 40% of the vote I'll poo poo my pants.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Could anything short of dropping the n-bomb kill Trump's presidential hopes?

Could dropping the n-bomb even kill Trump's presidential hopes?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pakled posted:

No, i't make him stronger.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Jewel Repetition posted:

Toxx: if Trump get 40% of the vote I'll poo poo my pants.

Mods please make Jewel Repetition poo poo his pants.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
At this point the controversy would have to paint him as a liberal, I will imagine saying the N word will make him stronger.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Death By The Blues posted:

At this point the controversy would have to paint him as a liberal, I will imagine saying the N word will make him stronger.

Every right-wing site has tried that for eight months and it hasn't worked yet

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Pakled posted:

please do not spoil his super tuesday strategy

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

Toxx: if Trump get 40% of the vote I'll poo poo my pants.

If you're not gonna do it, I will.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Nevada Dem caucus: 12,002 votes, 99% reporting
Nevada Republican caucus: 15,690 votes, 22% reporting

E: I AM DUMB. Dem turn out was around 80k

Montasque has issued a correction as of 08:12 on Feb 24, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Montasque posted:

For the Dems, that's the number of county delegates, not the number of votes :ssh:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

Will this be the year the Electoral College saves the Democratic Party?

Because hasn't Republican turn out consistently swamped Democratic turn out so far?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

Zoran posted:

For the Dems, that's the number of county delegates, not the number of votes :ssh:

here is the Nevada democratic caucus numbers

quote:

Officials say about 84,000 Nevada Democrats participated in Saturday's caucuses, which is nearly 30 percent fewer than in 2008.

The Nevada State Democratic Party said Monday that there were about 84,000 caucus-goers in their Democratic nomination contest, which is the first in the West and third in the nation.

About 14,000 of those voters registered the day of.

But in 2008, there were 118,000 Democratic voters who caucused, with about 30,000 registering the same day.

State party officials also said 65 percent of Saturday's participants were first-time caucus-goers and 41 percent of them were minorities.

Hillary Clinton definitively won the Nevada caucus this time around, but in 2008, she got the popular vote while then-rival and future president Barack Obama won the delegate count.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Not a Step posted:

Will this be the year the Electoral College saves the Democratic Party?

Because hasn't Republican turn out consistently swamped Democratic turn out so far?

Zoran posted:

Dem turnout was 84k.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Pakled posted:

The entire appeal of Donald Trump is that he okays it in white people's minds to say the N-word.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

Dem turnout was 84k.

Yeah, but Republican turnout has still crushed Dem turn out in every state so far

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Not a Step posted:

Yeah, but Trump turnout has still crushed Dem turn out in every state so far

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Not a Step posted:

Yeah, but Republican turnout has still crushed Dem turn out in every state so far

Yeah, I dunno... Maybe if you buy a MAGA hat now you can survive the purge?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pakled posted:

I think Trump could drop the n-bomb and win Texas.

Not a Step posted:

Reminder: Primary turnout predicts general turnout.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

My Imaginary GF posted:

I think Trump could drop the n-bomb and win Texas.

Despite or because of it?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mike12345 posted:

Despite or because of it?

How many individuals currently elected by Texas have spent the weekend at Niggerhead?

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think Hillary would be pretty screwed against Trump. He can hit her from a dozen directions and I don't think she really has anything to fire back with.

He can open with something like, "Very untrustworthy, the private email servers are illegal. Bad!" Bernie's been giving her a pass on that scandal but Trump won't, and it'll hurt because she is seen as untrustworthy. There was another ruling from a judge today that is only opening up the investigation more so it's not really going away. And then Trump can follow that up with:
"She's bought by the corporations. Even I bought her at one time. That's why I'm financing my own campaign."
"She's for NAFTA, the TPP, I'm against it."
"She was for the war in Iraq. I was against it all along." And he'll probably attack her on Libya and Syria.

Where does that leave Hillary? She can't even use the regular moderate Dem stuff about health care and taxes because he agrees with her on that stuff. And immigration actually probably helps Trump more than hurts him. Trump will have all the enthusiasm behind him.

All I can think of is she can hope to frame him as unserious, a loose cannon, etc but the Republican establishment has finally now realized their base doesn't give a drat and I'm not sure it's safe to bet on Americans overall in that regard. I always thought he was only strong enough to carry a majority of Republican voters while the Republicans not voting for him had ruled him out, as had all other Americans, but I'm starting to wonder.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Not a Step posted:

The GOP primary is a circus with two very well funded campaigns and a goddamned celebrity all working to get their supporters out to try and win the nomination.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Fast Luck posted:

I think Hillary would be pretty screwed against Trump. He can hit her from a dozen directions and I don't think she really has anything to fire back with.

He can open with something like, "Very untrustworthy, the private email servers are illegal. Bad!" Bernie's been giving her a pass on that scandal but Trump won't, and it'll hurt because she is seen as untrustworthy. There was another ruling from a judge today that is only opening up the investigation more so it's not really going away. And then Trump can follow that up with:
"She's bought by the corporations. Even I bought her at one time. That's why I'm financing my own campaign."
"She's for NAFTA, the TPP, I'm against it."
"She was for the war in Iraq. I was against it all along." And he'll probably attack her on Libya and Syria.

Where does that leave Hillary? She can't even use the regular moderate Dem stuff about health care and taxes because he agrees with her on that stuff. And immigration actually probably helps Trump more than hurts him. Trump will have all the enthusiasm behind him.

All I can think of is she can hope to frame him as unserious, a loose cannon, etc but the Republican establishment has finally now realized their base doesn't give a drat and I'm not sure it's safe to bet on Americans overall in that regard. I always thought he was only strong enough to carry a majority of Republican voters while the Republicans not voting for him had ruled him out, as had all other Americans, but I'm starting to wonder.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

It was funny at first but it's getting scary now.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

sincx posted:

Yeah, Hillary's already shown that she can't take the heat in regards to her donors. Not good.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sincx posted:

It's still sorta funny to me but i promise to stop laughing before he starts loading Mexicans in cattle cars.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

dethroning a bush in the primary and a clinton in the general

its the narrative trump wants

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hillary would perform far better in a debate against Trump than Bernie would? Bernie, god bless his soul, seems to leave himself so vulnerable because he just can't seem to be mean. Trump will make fun of his mannerisms, his voice, his glasses, whatever it takes. Bernie will start off on a tangent about Wallstreet and Trump will just role his eyes and silently mock him on the stage going "like, ok". How would it not literally be a repeat of "there you go again!" over and over and over. Bernie getting flustered really easily and then start to stumble on himself.

Excuse the Simpsons link but it would literally be this the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVoKVxRlzcY

Hillary meanwhile is a loving snake with the entire Clinton political machine behind her. She can drive the narrative, pivot the discussion, and be, well, a real bitch. And perhaps most importantly of all she can directly combat him on the open contempt he has for women. I think she would do real well in a head to head debate. Trump can look strong when he has a punching bag in the room to beat up on like Jeb while the other candidates tear eachother down. I think Hillary is something else entirely.

And not nearly enough is being done to combat Trump's whole "Oh I'm beholden to no one because I am self funding my campaign" shtick. The thing is that Trump IS the big corporate interest. He IS the big money donor, the corrupting lobbyist, the institutional problem made flesh. He's freely admitted it. He's just cutting out the middle man and going right to the position of power. Use that poo poo against him.

Shimrra Jamaane has issued a correction as of 09:28 on Feb 24, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Hillary would perform far better in a debate against Trump than Bernie would? Bernie, god bless his soul, seems to leave himself so vulnerable because he just can't seem to be mean.

Hillary is better in that match-up but only because Trump is allergic to women.

Either of them would probably win, though.

Sanders effectively can't say mean things about Hillary because the optics are bad, with Trump he could open up.

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge
Ted Cruz is currently in 2nd place!

Ted Cruz 8,420 23.3
Marco Rubio 8,239 22.8

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Hillary would perform far better in a debate against Trump than Bernie would? Bernie, god bless his soul, seems to leave himself so vulnerable because he just can't seem to be mean. Trump will make fun of his mannerisms, his voice, his glasses, whatever it takes. Bernie will start off on a tangent about Wallstreet and Trump will just role his eyes and silently mock him on the stage going "like, ok". How would it not literally be a repeat of "there you go again!" over and over and over. Bernie getting flustered really easily and then start to stumble on himself.

Excuse the Simpsons link but it would literally be this the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVoKVxRlzcY

Hillary meanwhile is a loving snake with the entire Clinton political machine behind her. She can drive the narrative, pivot the discussion, and be, well, a real bitch. And perhaps most importantly of all she can directly combat him on the open contempt he has for women. I think she would do real well in a head to head debate. Trump can look strong when he has a punching bag in the room to beat up on like Jeb while the other candidates tear eachother down. I think Hillary is something else entirely.

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/681447548133965824

e: I think you also underestimate how much the general electorate (outside of self-identified Democrats) dislikes Hillary. Even Democrats don't think of her as being very trustworthy, honest, empathetic, or relatable.

Zoran has issued a correction as of 09:31 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Yeah the "Clinton Political Machine" would be pretty useless against Trump in terms of the ratfucking parts, you're never going to beat him on the low road. You beat him by being the candidate more people like, which shouldn't be tough but hell, Clinton is well on her way to being loathed by fully 2/3 of the country so we'll see.

• Locked thread