Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Godfather's WWF career was basically gimmick Goldilocks. His first gimmick was beaten to the punch by a Bond movie two decades prior. Then he comes back as a character that is too ahead of its time because MMA was still unknown to a lot of the country. Finally, on the third try, he falls into the gimmick that is pitch perfect for the time period and he rides that gravy (ho) train to the Hall of Fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If Trips has an epic Mania entrance to "Hail and Kill," then wrestling will have reached its peak.
No have him come out to "Achilles Agony and Ecstasy in Eight Parts" completely unedited

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I only know that one Manowar song where, in the music video, one of the band members points at the camera and pumps his fist three times, Triple H could come out to that. Something about warriors, possibly steel.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

I only know that one Manowar song where, in the music video, one of the band members points at the camera and pumps his fist three times, Triple H could come out to that. Something about warriors, possibly steel.
You are going to have to be more specific because I think literally every single Manowar song has something about warriors and possibly steel.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

You are going to have to be more specific because I think literally every single Manowar song has something about warriors and possibly steel.

It also maybe had a line about metal and how awesome Manowar is.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Trips is going to come out to Orgasmatron because its the most fitting song for his career to date and also he's going to sexually assault Roman Reigns in the middle of the ring.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Obviously Trips comes out to the orignal Dark Avenger with Orson Welles narrating

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

It also maybe had a line about metal and how awesome Manowar is.
Because they play the true metal and that their fans are Immortals, really Manowar and HHH go perfect together.

HerraS posted:

Obviously Trips comes out to the orignal Dark Avenger with Orson Welles narrating
Yeah that's a good one, the Christopher Lee version is kind of lame honestly. Manowar is a great workout album

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Roman Reigns is going to come out to just his regular ol' entrance music because he's a basic bitch

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Roman Reigns is going to come out to just his regular ol' entrance music because he's a basic bitch

He's actually going to skydive to the ring

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

smell this posted:

He's actually going to skydive to the ring

And do his Punch the ground thing on landing.

It'll be like Kung Fu Hustle. Except instead of being an awesome moment from a great film, it will be boring and the fans will poo poo on it because it's Reigns.

Under the vegetable posted:

theyre really sloppy and slow for their style and have poor pacing. the new day are a much better in ring and out of ring team.

I'll add that Dash and Dawson and American Alpha are both significantly better in-ring teams.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if Reigns doesn't come out with a full Roman legion they officially do not give a poo poo about him

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
None of those teams will matter once Golden Truth gets going.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Godfather's WWF career was basically gimmick Goldilocks. His first gimmick was beaten to the punch by a Bond movie two decades prior. Then he comes back as a character that is too ahead of its time because MMA was still unknown to a lot of the country. Finally, on the third try, he falls into the gimmick that is pitch perfect for the time period and he rides that gravy (ho) train to the Hall of Fame.
The Godfather gimmick is a time paradox, in that Billy Gunn's pimp-based parody of it is what caused it to exist in the first place.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Alaois posted:

if Reigns doesn't come out with a full Roman legion they officially do not give a poo poo about him

Haitch is the one who gets Roman soldiers doing a shieldwall/bunch of blondes swooning over him/bunch of NXT geeks larping as part of his entrance.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Alaois posted:

An entire Roman legion is going to have a hard time fitting down that thin walkway since Roman is the people's champ and comes through the crowd.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

therealjon_ posted:

An entire Roman legion is going to have a hard time fitting down that thin walkway since Roman is the people's champ and comes through the crowd.

i would trade a roman legion for him coming all the way down from the very upper deck of Jerryworld to the ring

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I want a Roman legion forming a testudo to protect Reigns from the continuous hail of garbage being thrown at him.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yorkshire Tea posted:

And do his Punch the ground thing on landing.

It'll be like Kung Fu Hustle. Except instead of being an awesome moment from a great film, it will be boring and the fans will poo poo on it because it's Reigns.

it would be tough to get him getting beaten up and pissed on past the censors in the build up to mania

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually Reigns' booking makes more sense when you remember Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

"We pushed him wrong on purpose, as a joke. He thinks boos are cheers."

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Roman's entrance is going to take 15 minutes because he is going to get lost in the stands.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Is this Mania Takers last match?

To be honest it really should be I would hate for him to get horribly hurt. Watching Lesnar throw him about was just loving scary

I would love to see Shane throw Undertaker about like he was Brock Lesnar for one match

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want Dean to continue stealing different things to get to Brock, only to get his rear end kicked once he gets there. The go home show will have Brock arrested by the military for being a giant monster of a man, only to have Dean steal a tank, drive through a wall, and get suplexed to hell.

Then Wrestlemania rolls around and Brock comes to the ring. Dean's music starts and he doesn't show up. All that can be heard is a faint whistling sound above. The camera zooms in and there's Dean, riding a nuke falling from the sky. It detonates and destroys Dallas. When the smoke clears there stands Brock on top of Dean's charred body. The ref counts to 3 after the longest recording ref bump in history.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Minidust posted:

The Godfather gimmick is a time paradox, in that Billy Gunn's pimp-based parody of it is what caused it to exist in the first place.

What was it before? I know he was in The Nation, but he was still Kama Mustafa at that point wasn't he? At what point did he actually transition into a pimp?

Obviously I need to brush up on the rich and lustrous history of The Godfather.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Phenix Rising posted:

What was it before? I know he was in The Nation, but he was still Kama Mustafa at that point wasn't he? At what point did he actually transition into a pimp?

I believe the gimmicks he's referencing are Papa Shango, then Kama The Supreme Fighting Machine

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Roman is going to ride to the ring on a skateboard and botch an ollie

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[Roman stomps his feet, fuming] my bawoon got popped! He popped my bawoon!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

[Roman stomps his feet, fuming] my bawoon got popped! He popped my bawoon!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Phenix Rising posted:

It was some time after The Rock taking over The Nation. Rocky became The Rock, D-Lo got his chest protector, Kama became the Godfather, Mark became Sexual Chocolate, and Owen joined while becoming a nugget.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Triple H's entrance will be a giant animatronic Eddie stumbling to the ring while Number of the Beast plays and then the asskicker sledgehammers his way out from his robot chest and then pins roman in 3 seconds

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Angular Landbury posted:

Roman's entrance is going to take 15 minutes because he is going to get tired walking down 100 feet of stairs.

Fixed

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I feel like they randomly called him 'The Godfather' before that, and it just gradually became his official name in time. I remember years and years ago my local paper's TV listings advertising an upcoming Raw featuring Shawn Michaels and The Godfather and I had no idea who The Godfather was and thought it was some new guy.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I feel like they randomly called him 'The Godfather' before that, and it just gradually became his official name in time. I remember years and years ago my local paper's TV listings advertising an upcoming Raw featuring Shawn Michaels and The Godfather and I had no idea who The Godfather was and thought it was some new guy.

Yeah, he was the Godfather Kama Mustafa, which then became the Godfather, which then became the pimp known as the Godfather.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

On his way to the ring, Roman fists bumps a small child then spends the next 20 minutes sitting on a step, rocking back and forth crying about a bwoken hand.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Stop being a pussy and nuke Dallas, Vince.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

please don't insult hall of famer jameson

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Stop being a pussy and nuke Dallas, Vince.

Bo isn't that bad

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just want to say that American Alpha are about a million times better than the usos, no exaggeration.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

VileLL posted:

please don't insult hall of famer jameson

He's a loving HALL OF FAMER?

Are you making GBS threads me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

I just want to say that American Alpha are about a million times better than the usos, no exaggeration.

what does an NXT tag team have to do with being the best in ring team in the WWE though

• Locked thread