Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Shebrew posted:

Any more pictures of baby Mina? She's too cute :3:

It's so cold my camera battery dies almost immediately :( Here's a thing I wrote up about her a few days ago though.

I tell everyone that Mina, despite being the cutest puffball in the world, is 100% a working dog and here's why. Last night it was about 5 degrees overnight and I decided it was too cold for a lone baby to spend the night out in the barn. I set up a nice little pen in the basement where it wasn't too warm with some toys and things. It took 15 minutes to convince her to even come into the house and then she spent the next hour screaming in fury because that was not where she belonged. At one point I was sitting next to the pen and had her and Major shrieking at me in stereo and thought I was going to die. I gave up and plonked her in the snow and she was instantly happy as a clam and wanting to play. Mina ended up spending the night in her barn pen with a heat lamp, snugglesafe pad, a million blankets and deep hay. She was totally fine despite my heated waterers starting to freeze over and she was with her flock where she felt she needed to be.

She's 8 weeks old and 18 lbs now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008
What a good dog :3:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It's been snowing for about a week straight now but I dragged the dogs out for a romp anyway.

Major mostly sulks about having to wear a muzzle and be vaguely near a puppy. Maybe if you didn't try to murder babies you wouldn't have to wear it, dog!

He's actually doing really well (for him) and is getting better at walking away, or at least telling the puppy to gently caress off without taking it too far.

Really? Neither of you could look at the camera?

Love the baby :love:

Still the cutest puffball in the world.

She turned 8 weeks and became the sassiest girl in the world. It cracks me up.

Dashing through the snow

Then it started coming down too hard to see so we packed it in. Puppy went back to the barn with some warm dog slop to fill her slop belly and Major came back inside to gloat about being a Special Boy who gets to live in a house and eat ham.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It's going to become hilarious once she starts getting bigger than Major:kimchi:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Another dog showed up on my front stoop and Major is pretty sure the world is ending now. I'm not going to leave a baby beagle outside in a snowstorm, you monster!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The dogs will outnumber the sheep soon enough.

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
cannot handle that puppy :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Poor beagle! Was he dumped?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I have no idea! It was snowing so hard that there aren't any tracks to follow to see where he came from. He seems like an Amish dog to me but my Amish neighbors didn't recognize him from anywhere. I posted him everywhere online and a friend of mine just started working at the APL and is willing to foster him if I can't find the owner. He seems like a fine and good beagle.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All beagles are fantastic, lovable assholes.

Imo that beagle chose you and you should keep him.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 31, 2017

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So, something happened this morning.

It's way too cold out there (I'm southern, we don't really have heated barns in my area because it's almost never 11 degrees overnight) so I uh:

:shobon: She's a really good mom so far. Good girl Gossip. Twin ewes, by the by.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Congrats on the safe and healthy births. Keep momming, Gossip!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So how long until this happens to you?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Cythereal posted:

No sheepdogs here yet, just dogs that think they're sheep. Some day I'll have a real herding dog though!

Mina was 26lbs at 10 weeks and I'm guessing she'll crack 30 this week. She's a huge, giant baby.

Major has decided that she is livestock, which he is not allowed to murder, and mostly tries to ignore her out of existence at this point.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That is a ridiculously cute puppy.

What happened with the beagle?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Cythereal posted:

That is a ridiculously cute puppy.

What happened with the beagle?

I never did figure out where he came from. He took a quick trip through the apl, got neutered and microchipped, and then was adopted the day he became available. He was a very good boy and while I felt bad I couldn’t find his owner I have to think he’s in a better situation now.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Those toes :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

comin' to the farm to snuggle mina right now i s2g

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I lock my doors when the girls are out working the flock because I don't want a sheep in the kitchen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I lock my doors when the girls are out working the flock because I don't want a sheep in the kitchen.

Have you ever gotten Sheep standing outside the back/kitchen door?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

A friend took me on a trip to look at some highland cows and it was a really good thing I didn't have $500 sitting around or I would have come home with a fluffy babby cow. I'll have to ask to come along when she picks up the two she's buying and bring my real camera but here are some cell phone pics. Those ear floofles :swoon:

Friend put a deposit on this one. I'm jealous of those bangs.

And then decided she needed this one too.

I really liked this one that was only a couple days old.

This little bull calf wanted everyone to love on him :3:

Also Monty is finally home after sowing his wild oats on another farm for a few months. He's moved in with Mina's longwool boys and has settled right in like he never left. He's such a good, handsome little ram :3:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So does your friend raise cattle for a specific purpose or just as a hobby?

Also fluffy cows:3::allears::kimchi:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I know if I had land for cows I'd raise Highlands as a hobby. They're so fuzzy!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

She's going to have a farm store where she sells flowers and herbs and eggs and meat. She already has chickens, geese, sheep, goats, and kunekune pigs. She has a 4H background though and adores cows so she's excited to have them again.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you ever gotten Sheep standing outside the back/kitchen door?

Absolutely. That's just normal though. Find an iffy bit of celery? "Hey Cla!" and he comes clattering up the deck stairs and he gets a celery.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I found Major a few years from now.

https://i.imgur.com/Y7qUtRY.mp4

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Is that a Maremma or a different kind of big white dog?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

my cat is norris posted:

Looks very much like a Great Pyrenees face to me.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

my cat is norris posted:

That's a sheep.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Radio! posted:

That's a sheep.

you're a sheep.

my cat is norris posted:

it's just a big dumb happy pyr

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I can't tell them apart at all! Pyrs are so nice, though.

Octopoon
Jan 22, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
if i got an lgd i'd wear a goat suit 24/7 and bounce around and bleat so it would love me

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Octopoon posted:

if i got an lgd i'd wear a goat suit 24/7 and bounce around and bleat so it would love me

You don't need to do that, they already love you! If you met Mina she would think you were her Best Friend!!!! because everyone is her Best Friend!!!

Case in point:
One of my angora rabbits wasn't feeling well today so I brought him in to check him out and Mina was so concerned about her Best Friend!!! (a rabbit she literally just met) that she willingly ventured inside to make sure I was taking proper care of him. I'm used to Major Murderhound so I was a little concerned but she just gently sniffed and licked him.

Artie is feeling much better already and Mina has gone back out with her other Best Friends!!!, all the sheep. She's 12 weeks old and 32 lbs this week and is just an awesome puppy :kimchi:

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Oh no, she is so nice to the bunny! Beautiful girl :3

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
She's growing so fast!

Gonna be a giant fuzzy monster in no time.

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009
Our goat finally had her kids! This is the first time we’ve had any goats born and unfortunately we lost one at less than 24 hours old and it’s the first time I cried over losing one of the farm animals.

But the second kid, little Jon Snow, is perfect and healthy and right around 7 lbs already at a week old. I had to hold him to get a good picture, because he does not stop bouncing! He’s a mostly white little Nigerian dwarf and has his mama’s blue eyes and we love him.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Picture no loady from TinyPic, so I copied over to Imgur.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How big has Mina gotten now? Is she Major-sized yet?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Jon Snow is such a cutie. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How big has Mina gotten now? Is she Major-sized yet?

She is not quite Major sized but she turned 16 weeks today and weighed in at around 42 lbs last week so she's probably 45 lbs this week? So she's over halfway to Major size!

She has an instagram so here are some phone pics
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfd7Su5Bbi3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be8xynEBp_X/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfY2ixsBrXT/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbT3CkhLwB/

If it ever stops raining I'll take some real pictures of her again. Also we're only like 3 weeks away from lambing!

• Locked thread