Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

meriruka posted:

Lucy & Emma, 10 days old.

Those deer look funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009
Baby bunnies are here!!

These guys are a mix of Rex and Californian and are all black. They are about 4 weeks old. The white rabbit they are cuddled up to in the second pic is Mom.

These ones were born just last night and are purebred Rex. They are a variety of colors and I can't wait for their coats to fill out so I can figure out what kind of genetics we have floating around. The buck has blue in his background for sure so I'm hopping we get at least one. Papa rabbit is all black and Mom is broken black otter.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Buns! I'm down to just two token bunnies but I was just at someone else's farm who has a pair of mini rex in addition to the silver fox rabbits they raise for meat and they were so tiny and soft looking! The angoras are giant 10 lb clouds, the rex just look like little velveteen toys.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
They're so round and fuzzy :3: Little soot sprites

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Buns! I'm down to just two token bunnies but I was just at someone else's farm who has a pair of mini rex in addition to the silver fox rabbits they raise for meat and they were so tiny and soft looking! The angoras are giant 10 lb clouds, the rex just look like little velveteen toys.

The Rex are crazy soft and amazing. Everyone who pets them says they do feel just like velvet.

Tendai posted:

They're so round and fuzzy :3: Little soot sprites

The little girls across the road call them baby hippos :3:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
From PYF, baby goats seem relevant here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capybaras are so chill about everything.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Capybaras are so chill about everything.

I know right? Their face is always just :geno:

They always seem like little stoics to me.
"This really hurts but crocodiles need to eat and it's not like I was going to live forever."

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It's fall, every ram's favorite time of year! Breeding groups are being put together in a little less than 2 weeks and we should have lambs in the middle of March.

Lets have some pictures.

Hard to believe this was the lamb that was only 2 lbs at birth and almost didn't make it. She's just as big as all of the rest of the lambs now!

The Keeper Girls are going to be dropping a hot new single any day now. From L to R, Indigo, Ladyslipper, Katelyn, and Poppy.

Indigo and Lady both need some horn trimming but I really like how strong and long those horns are already.

Poppy is tiny and cute :3:

It took me a long time to realize Monty has a blue splotch on one eye and it wasn't just the sky reflecting.

Sneak-Eclair

Truffle is the fattest drat goat. I might be breeding her to a friend's buck so she doesn't just become super obese. She got sheared yesterday and it definitely isn't all floof.

And now: some black and white sheep in black and white

Also a dog.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Hard to believe this was the lamb that was only 2 lbs at birth and almost didn't make it. She's just as big as all of the rest of the lambs now!

A loving farm animal is more photogenic than I am. :mad:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Lol poor Major trying to catch himself some bird.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
omg truffle is so fat i'm crying. i want to use her as a pillow :kimchi:
pope sheep

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Kazoo and his mama.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meriruka fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 29, 2017

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Love this little guy!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Aaaaa his little off the shoulder shirt is too cute :kimchi:

My lambs are due starting the week of March 11th! There may be more baby goats than anticipated because the two I took to be bred coming home stinking like some other buck got everyone all worked up and Rex escaped his pen. Ugh, goats. So much for downsizing.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Aaaaa his little off the shoulder shirt is too cute :kimchi:

I saw it as uneven socks. Either way, he is a little cutie :unsmith:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So all my ewes took (good boy) but I've got a trio starting to build an udder each so maybe I'll have some chilly lambs this year.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Major is going to be 10 in March.

Despite not slowing down at all, ever, I decided it was time to call in reinforcements.

She'll be in charge of sheep and barnyard supervision while Major manages the house and making sure I go to bed on time.

Maj is weird with other dogs so it's going to take some pretty careful introductions but she's going to be a big girl (she's a working pyr) and has 5 brothers so I think she'll end ruling him with an iron fist. I pick her up on the 18th!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Oh drat she's adorable. What'll you call her? Something to match Major?

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Colonel. Cause she's gonna outrank him.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Right now I'm thinking Mina. My mom suggested Minor as a joke but she is not going to be a minor dog so it became Mina. We'll see when I meet her!

Maj will still outrank my brother's cat, Captain, at least.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Congrats on your new sheep helper buddy. She is cute as hell.

Major looks great at 10, what a handsome boy! :3:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It was puppy pickup day! I spent almost 13 hours in the car but I thought you would like pictures of this pure and perfect angel. She slept the entire ride home and didn't potty in the car and settled right in the barn like she was born there. She's also the cutest, softest baby in the universe :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

She's as fluffy as her future flock. :kimchi:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

You guys this puppy is so perfect and adorable I can't even stand it.

Three more months until there are puppy and baby lamb pictures to share!

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
a puff cub

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Pyrenees puppies are such cute fluffballs :3:

She'll be an excellent guardian for your flock and you can shear her as another source of fiber :haw:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So when does the puppy gets to do actual work in the field?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

She already takes her job very seriously :kimchi:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

You guys this puppy is so perfect and adorable I can't even stand it.

We adopted our Pyr as an adult so we never got to see her as a puppy. These photos are filling that hole in my heart.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Kwyndig posted:

So when does the puppy gets to do actual work in the field?

She already lives in the barn with the sheep full time. It will be a slow process getting the livestock to like her and her to understand how to interact with the livestock appropriately but she was born in a run-in shed full of goats and wants nothing more than to hang out with her animal buddies. She keeps trying to toddle into the lean-to to confront the 'possum that's living in there too.

She LOVES snow.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Oh my loving god.

Does she have a name yet?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Mina! But mostly she just responds to PUPPYPUPPYPUPPYPUPPY.

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008

Words cannot express how cute she is. Is she still puppy soft? Does she tolerate snuggles?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

As a rule, I do not like dogs. However, I've got to admit that that is one drat cute puppy.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

As I as scrolled I kept thinking “oh, now this could be your family’s Christmas card next year...no wait this one....wait....” This is hands-down the cutest puppy ever!

This is a really good contender (and just a great photo).

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Commissar Kayla posted:

Words cannot express how cute she is. Is she still puppy soft? Does she tolerate snuggles?

She is so soft! And gets all grumpy if you pick her up but puts up with cuddles if you sit on the ground with her. She's a big girl and can walk around on her own!!! She is so on the go you don't get a ton of cuddle time before she's off and running though.

She already loves the sheep but the sheep are undecided. Flirt loves all babies and Jazz doesn't care but mostly Mina just hangs out under the hay feeders so she can be near her beloved sheep without scaring anyone.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I just died. The nose in the snow picture :3:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

So is her love for the sheep pretty much instinctive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
Any more pictures of baby Mina? She's too cute :3:

• Locked thread