Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Omigosh look at those eyebrows! Glad to hear they are both doing well. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Yeah, I love updates! Super bummed about your string of losses, though. I know you are busy but this is one of my favorite threads to check up on!

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Oh geez, I didn't even think about the four-horned guys being top-heavy to the point of health issues. They just look so impressive I never thought about it.

Out of curiosity how do you clean the skulls? Do you use those flesh-eating beetles I've heard about or is there another method that's more economical? Have cleaning the bones ever revealed anything else that we normally wouldn't think about just looking at a sheep?

Also, do you need to shear them more often in the summer to keep them cool or do they just adapt with one session?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Cool! Real handy they don't need extra maintenance for their clothes during the summer.

Also, I should have thought of ants. Those guys will eat anything, won't they?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Seconding that Willow looks so pretty. Clearly a princess of sheep.

I love the way the cross looks, too. Are crosses like that sterile or are they more like dog breeds that have really close genetics despite looking different?

For the new guy, is it not a big ding financially if you turn him into delicious stew, badass skull and fluffy rug? Is it more profitable in the short run due to being able to sell their parts, or is that a financial risk you take whenever you take in a new sheep?

In addition, is there concern that aggression like that would be passed to offspring they might have, or is it more a seasonal/hormonal thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Good trade, good news and beautiful portrait. I think you should get one of Twofer, if you're going to invest in sheep portraits. Those are some excellent prices.

Curious, how do you determine who goes in the freezer at the end of the year and who to sell? Is it based on genetic lines, age, personality, all of the above?

In the last year I've begun hunting myself, and I'm a little confused by people wanting to buy your rams to hunt. Do they expect you to release him into the wilds of your yard so they can shoot him? Transport him onto public land to chase? Maybe it's just because I'm new and I've only hunted small game so far, but I really don't see the appeal of "I want to kill *that* animal, now go make it so, person who raised it."

• Locked thread