Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shitpostmodern
Oct 30, 2015

Ausrotten posted:

They aren't afraid of the dog anymore and actually started screaming bloody murder when I pulled him out of the pen for his vet appointment

doesn't mean they take any poo poo from him though

I'm picking up another doeling next weekend. I'm excited, she's so pretty

The second last picture made your dog look WAY bigger than he is, so the last picture was actually sort of jarring in comparison. I totally thought he was a full grown Great Pyreness in that first one, haha. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitpostmodern
Oct 30, 2015

Ausrotten posted:

Haha no he's only nine weeks old. I'd be a little concerned if an adult dog had those proportions

Yeah, it just looked like a weird sort of semi-top-down, forced perspective optical illusion in the second last picture which is why I was so surprised, haha. That and, depending on the individual dog/season, if you don't groom pyrs pretty consistently their belly hair can make their legs look deceptively short. I have a decrepit old Pyr who looks like a shaggy polar bear, but if we shaved her she'd look like a short-necked, mutant giraffe with her hilarious spindly old lady legs.

shitpostmodern
Oct 30, 2015

Ausrotten posted:

this probably isn't the place for this derail but don't shave your double coated dogs :cripes:

I did not say that I planned to shave my double coated dog, just that if she had no hair her silhouette would look like a completely different animal with legs that are actually much longer than they appear to be under all that hair. :shrug:

• Locked thread