Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
So I'm going to Japan from March 8th-22nd for a vacation and a friend wants a JDM EP3 Type R shipped to Montreal. Is the best way to just go through Auto Access Japan and have them do everything for me or are there resources out there for linking you up with small Japanese dealers who can do the bidding after I inspect and choose a car? I was kinda hoping to be able to go to auction myself to get the experience and maybe save a few dollars in the process.

I know there's a vancouver goon with connections to some importers there, but I'd love to hear of any experiences with Japanese car auctions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This seems relevant.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
It's be interesting to know if a market opens up for near-new imports when Australia legalises them next year.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
I went to an auction 15 years ago or so with an African friend but it seems like it would be a bit complicated if you don't know anyone who regularly does that thing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

OPJP on facebook, they're friends of friends and have shipped in a LOT of cars. They're all about transparency and have all the connections you could ever need. Top fellas and can put a car anywhere you want in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I would find someone locally who has contact with Auction agents to do it for you since in my experience the cultural and language barrier make the fee you pay so worth it.

• Locked thread