Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that that led them to having to always include a cold rock, a mossy rock, and some place with wacky magnetism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You got those hens Farfetch'ds :henget:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Return Favor finally makes me understand why it's called Return. That makes sense to me now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I vote get a spare unevolved one and use that. And call it helios. No caps because its little.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I forgot about the Gen II Fly animation. Always liked that one. It also fits a Xatu pretty well, now I think about it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Never really got into the Safari Zone in the remakes but it looked interesting.

Also Mothra.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well the Surfchat got me wondering and behold! Swimming cows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32KLIrgXsr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-WZpnzHgqI

I learned something new today.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

One thing that the switch to eight-directional walking in this series did was completely destroy any sense of difficulty with sliding puzzles. It's great.

Also I think one of these is the tree some people reckon is why Long Exeggutor is a dragon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracaena_(plant)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddd :3: :3:

also it developed psychic powers by eating too many pancakes :kimchi:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, Hyper Beam on a paralyzed one HP enemy? What a mean Kingdra.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That change over time of Rock defensively is pretty neat. I like that person in Moon/Sun who is impressed with the Rock Captain for using a defensively weak type in contrast to NPCs gushing about how bulky and strong they are like they used to. Most of the time it wasn't even true. Just a cool quirk you only really appreciate if you played the old games as well. I'll admit I didn't really notice until I met that NPC though.

Also on the subject of both Sun/Moon and X-Scissor, I like that Leech Life is now just a straight-up upgrade to it. Although older games would be rough as heck with that change. All those zubats with that as their only move. :gonk:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like Spiky Ear Pichu. Maybe one day she can make the generation leap. Along with Cosplay Pikachu. And they can join a hypothetical special Raichu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, you finished it, nice. Thanks for this, been an interesting read. Reminds me a bit of Cool Ghost's FF VIII thread, you dug out a ton of tiny hidden details and great big things that I had no idea were in this. Looking forward to Conquest, hopefully it will also inspire me to finish up on that.

• Locked thread