Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You seem pretty well informed about this. Anything else contributing to the "perpetrators knew local authorities" or "police corruption" angles you could also add to the OP?

That article is heartwarming in some ways though. Pakistani Muslim folks from Rotherham saying, surprisingly, that this is some bullshit and the entire situation is some serious bullshit. :3:

I don't know that I would consider that "heartwarming" as opposed to it being literally the only reasonable reaponse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

"The issue of race should be tackled": when your dog whistle is also a slide whistle

I mean regardless of where you stand, this was kind of an issue of race wasn't it? Either they were overlooked because of cop fear over possible PC code violation (or whatever ridiculous argument)or it was overlooked because the cops didn't give a poo poo about brown girls.

I mean there's also the idea that the cops were loving some little kid sex and looking the other way which is not far fetched but even that's attached to race in the same way that cop who raped all the black women in Oklahoma were

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thug Lessons posted:

That's not true at all. There were failures at practically every level, including the police who would do things like arrest child sex abuse victims for underage drinking while not arresting their abusers, and basically the only organization in the whole borough who did their job was a youth outreach center called Risky Business.

That's one of the more questionable names for a youth outreach center I've heard, but good for them

• Locked thread