Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MonsieurChoc posted:

I keep seeing that, and I'd like to get a good overview of that whole thing? I know about Jimmy Saville, but that's it.

everyone got sued, we can't take allegations seriously, oops we deleted all the witness testimony again, oops judge #4 is also involved better scrap the whole thing

It's covered Brown Moses press thread. Everyone in Britain born before the 80s is an active child molester. Everyone.

blowfish posted:

basically a bunch of old ministers and lords and MPs got outed as pedophiles, and everyone all the way up to Thatcher knew it and didn't care too much, and everyone investigated conveniently happens to be just old enough to not sink any current politicians by association

also something something police looking the other way really hard

To be specific an article was uncovered in the British Archives detailing a conversation between Thatcher and various MI5 security bods about a ministers predilection for children, with Thatcher's signature and commentary, summed up as "who cares but fucks sake dont tell Russia". The police denied any such evidence existed, and were surprised to find it did, and could be found accidentally, and was everywhere.

I think Flat Earth News covers some of the dismantling of the investigations into paedophilia but it may be another source that was posted here I'm thinking of; dozens of people were ready to be arrested, and then the department was stripped to the point of not having a computer.

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

:stare:

What's the Brown Moses press thread?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507541

Covers everyone being a paedophile except the press, who are criminal shills.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Payndz posted:

I think the only (then-living) Lord who had a case against him progress as far as court, Lord Janner, was - by strange happenstance! - a Labour peer. How remarkable.

lets be clear, the case did not progress, because he was too old and infirm to respond. It was honestly surprising he died, as it meant he wasn't lying.

A trial of facts was recommended and could have taken place but that got scrapped when he died. Pissflaps is an expert on the reasoning, I'm sure he could contribute more.

Helsing posted:

Why exactly the author of this story didn't bother to elaborate on what is by far the most alarming part of the story is beyond me. However the crap about "not disturbing race relations" sounds an awful lot like a convenient justification for good old fashioned police corruption.

Any journalist capable of carrying out an investigation in detail would never progress in their career past school newspaper. It is, specifically, a trait to be avoided in the press. What the entire Murdoch, unaffiliated and state media do is repost AP summations and then link you to something class-appropriate about immigrants or immigrant nannies, and the strictly come dancing results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjENnyQupow

Noam Chomsky has an excellent oversight into why this is such.

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 26, 2016

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Kaislioc posted:

Do you have a link to anything about this article specifically? I knew about her magical barrier that makes all dossiers sent to her disappear and her getting whiny about calling people pedos in Parliament but I didn't know about this one.

discovery of said file

I can't find anything in the Press relating to the file being opened but I have a strong memory of reading commentary on the file, so I'll look some more.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

TheImmigrant posted:

Except immigrants' children who were born in Britain before the 80s, because racism.

yes I'm certain that's why the institutionally racist police did not investigate a bunch of foreign born and first-gen when repeatedly asked to. PC gone mad.

As already spelled out, anyone who buys the argument that the police ignored it "because racism", with absolutely no evidence for this being brought to light from before it was used as a defence, is a loving moron. The police are racists, and they do what they're told.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

The Rotherham report examined not only police investigations, but reported cases of child sexual abuse to several agencies operating in the borough including police, social services, child welfare, local council and an outreach center. They found that in 95% of the suspected cases it was likely that children had been abused or groomed for abuse, and that in the vast majority of those cases the perpetrator was described as "Asian". At least in the case of Rotherham, the evidence is overwhelming that ethnic minorities, specifically Asians (probably Pakistanis), are disproportionately likely to be perpetrators of child sexual abuse in cases that are reported. It does no good to anyone to pretend otherwise.

that's not actually a response to anything I wrote.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

which is why it's extremely suspicious why people seem to be so focused on race here. why it's eerily like they're trying to demonstrate how negative stereotypes of racial groups are factually true or something equally idiotic

frankly I'd like to congratulate the police on diverting this case so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

TheImmigrant posted:

Do you believe, pedobear, that weather is racist, because storm clouds are black while cumulus clouds are white?

you are talking about issues of race in order to apply issues of race in the context that this gang of paedophiles, notably almost entirely pakistani, has finally been investigated by the police, while several other gangs of paedophiles, notably rich and white, are not. The defence of "well we didn't want to apply issues of race" absolutely stinks of authority being caught ignoring paedophile gangs and going "oh right they're muslim, we can take them"

• Locked thread