Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

OwlFancier posted:

I think generally the smart money is on them not wanting to investigate systemic corruption aiding child molestation in case it uncovers systemic corruption aiding ongoing governmental child molestation.

The head honchos so far indicted in the conspiracy were pretty well-connected in town, including with the local law enforcement.

The only difference between them and the national-level figures is that there was a nonzero probability (as evidenced) of national law enforcement eventually getting wind of the local problem and doing something about it, whereas if you own the national police, you're insulated from pretty much everything.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

-Troika- posted:

I updated the OP with this, which at least in Rotherham's specific case has a couple of councilors (which as far as I can tell are like a city council in UK cities) admit to the covering up racism angle.

You seem pretty well informed about this. Anything else contributing to the "perpetrators knew local authorities" or "police corruption" angles you could also add to the OP?

That article is heartwarming in some ways though. Pakistani Muslim folks from Rotherham saying, surprisingly, that this is some bullshit and the entire situation is some serious bullshit. :3:

• Locked thread