Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Thug Lessons posted:

Speaking personally, the reason I bring up race is because the cat is already out of the bag. Whether anyone likes it or not race is already a central issue in this scandal, and the right is having a field day with it while the left and center-left are reeling. Cases like this give them powerful ammunition to stand up there and say, "See? Muslims are criminals, just like we've been telling you", and I want to emphasize the force of those argument and the insufficiency of telling people "Oh don't listen to that guy, he's just an irrational racist". In this case I think that focusing on the deep problems with the police and council response is a good line to take instead, but in the larger picture I feel as though the people that advocate my positions are losing the war of ideas.

Rotherham and Cologne showed that when things get intersectional on the left, anti-racism is the overriding philosophy and other values such as feminism or public debate will have to give way to either silence or diversion via accusations of racism, finely illustrated below.

SedanChair posted:

They're reeling because like you, they've fallen for the trap the bnp/ukip/daily mail scum have laid. Instead of questioning why the police didn't investigate, you saw a picture of a fat wall-eyed Pakistani man and panicked. "This is it," you said to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

SedanChair posted:

I'm proud you see me as the enemy.

I appreciate your rhetorical heroism.

• Locked thread