Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...62aad4f8285c594 http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35651366

For those unfamiliar with the general situation, it's come to light in the past few years that in Rotherham, and at least nine other cities in the UK, there have been huge organized rape and pedophilia rings, pretty all run by Pakistani immigrants, which were actively covered up by the local governments due to the ethnicity of the perpetrators for fear of 'giving oxygen to racism'.

This went on from around 1997 (and possibly earlier) right up through 2012 when the Times published an article on the subject.

The extent of police involvement and coverups was relatively unknown until recently, however.

Not much of a cover-up is needed. Most people do not care about trafficked girls. You for example, only care in this instance because it allows you to take your racism for a walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

Almost everyone involved in this series of pedophilia rings is Pakistani. How could their ethnicity not be relevant?

Is it relevant when almost everyone is white? Explain how.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

I think this is bit disingenuous. I would not say "most people don't care about trafficked girls" but more like the opposite, that there's a culture of moral panic over pedophilia.

I would absolutely say it. People pretend to be outraged when they hear about it, but they don't advocate for investigations or changes to the law that would reduce it. I can only conclude that people are fundamentally ok with men having sex with underage girls, especially when they can seize on anything at all about those girls that makes them different from them (poorer, foreign, in foster care etc).

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

I don't know about the UK specifically, so maybe this is not the case there, but in the US we lock up a lot more pedophiles than we used to, have increased sentences, established more taskforces targeting them, etc. I was under the impression that it was similar in the UK.

In the US we generally don't lock up johns, or call them pedophiles.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

I get what you're saying, but these things aren't mutually exclusive. Nobody cares until it comes to light, basically.

Nobody cares after it comes to light either.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

The Rotherham report examined not only police investigations, but reported cases of child sexual abuse to several agencies operating in the borough including police, social services, child welfare, local council and an outreach center. They found that in 95% of the suspected cases it was likely that children had been abused or groomed for abuse, and that in the vast majority of those cases the perpetrator was described as "Asian". At least in the case of Rotherham, the evidence is overwhelming that ethnic minorities, specifically Asians (probably Pakistanis), are disproportionately likely to be perpetrators of child sexual abuse in cases that are reported. It does no good to anyone to pretend otherwise.

OK, they're Pakistani. Now what? Literally now what?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"The issue of race should be tackled": when your dog whistle is also a slide whistle

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

I'm sure the pedophiles are happy that you're here to cover for them, Sedanchair.

The pedophiles are the cops who were paid in sex to not investigate. This is the general approach around the world.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Thug Lessons posted:

Speaking personally, the reason I bring up race is because the cat is already out of the bag. Whether anyone likes it or not race is already a central issue in this scandal, and the right is having a field day with it while the left and center-left are reeling. Cases like this give them powerful ammunition to stand up there and say, "See? Muslims are criminals, just like we've been telling you", and I want to emphasize the force of those argument and the insufficiency of telling people "Oh don't listen to that guy, he's just an irrational racist". In this case I think that focusing on the deep problems with the police and council response is a good line to take instead, but in the larger picture I feel as though the people that advocate my positions are losing the war of ideas.

They're reeling because like you, they've fallen for the trap the bnp/ukip/daily mail scum have laid. Instead of questioning why the police didn't investigate, you saw a picture of a fat wall-eyed Pakistani man and panicked. "This is it," you said to yourself.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"It's worth looking into" that these men were very, very swarthy. Some had beards, it does no good to pretend as though they didn't.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Who was it who said that the problem with liberals is that, deep down, they believe that the critiques of the right are correct? This is that in a nutshell.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheImmigrant posted:

No, it's worth looking into serial child abuse, even if the alleged perpetrators have Magnificent Headgear.

Do you believe, racist, that white perpetrators face more scrutiny than Muslims? Because it seems to me like none of the perpetrators of any race generally face scrutiny, and in this case a little more traction was gained because of racism.

Also I did not see any headgear in those photos, racist.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheImmigrant posted:

Do you believe, pedobear, that weather is racist, because storm clouds are black while cumulus clouds are white?

No I believe that you are racist because every time anything is posted about Muslims you say "magnificent headgear." It's creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Rotherham and Cologne showed that when things get intersectional on the left, anti-racism is the overriding philosophy and other values such as feminism or public debate will have to give way to either silence or diversion via accusations of racism, finely illustrated below.

I'm proud you see me as the enemy.

• Locked thread