Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
This is an absolutely horrific story. I wish the article was better written though because I feel like by far the most significant line of the story isn't the throw away comment on race relations (which sounds an awful lot like a rationalization) but rather this vague but seemingly quite significant passage:

quote:

The jury heard the Hussain brothers had held a grip over the town and had connections with police officers and some local politicians.

Why exactly the author of this story didn't bother to elaborate on what is by far the most alarming part of the story is beyond me. However the crap about "not disturbing race relations" sounds an awful lot like a convenient justification for good old fashioned police corruption.

I can imagine that having relatively balkanized racial communities who don't trust or communicate with each other very much fuels this kind of behaviour and makes it easier for the police to ignore it but this looks a hell of a lot more like a police corruption story than a "PC gone mad!" story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread