Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Aren't Nate and his folks doing a live show tonight? Or was that last night?

What I'm trying to say is, have we seen Nate lately and are we sure he's not off in a corner somewhere and crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

How's 538 been with the down ballot stuff anyway?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Nate started using Excel way way back when he was just a baby sabermetrics nerd and he doesn't seem interested in ever fully switching (there's a rant about it somewhere back in this thread already, actually).

My hatred has subsumed significantly since reading his mea culpa article, which is actually really good.

Then I try to listen to the 538 podcast argggggh

He's been salty on the podcasts for a while now - are you talking about the bit where he just railed against the NYT for a while during it?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Patter Song posted:

Polling is only going to get shittier every cycle. By 2024, polls will all be "poo poo, I don't know."

One of the recent 538 podcasts touched on that a bit, I think. What with more polling companies moving to in-house stuff on account that funding from universities and newspapers are going down. Not sure if I'm remembering that right.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

anime was right posted:

if the dnc didn't abandon and mismanage the poo poo out of downticket races in favor of hillary's warchest, there would not have been nearly as much voter suppression

No, there'd be just as much. Only, you know, there'd be the machinery in place to counter it a bit.

• Locked thread