Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cat Mattress posted:

Easternmost, and yeah describing Russia & "friends" as Snowy Mad Max seems accurate, everyone has seen the dashcam videos.

go GIS russian bus stations

it's literally fallout: new moscow oblast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Keep supporting the fucker who makes your life significantly worse every year, Russians. lol

If life become poo poo, then stronk mother Russia warms heart.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Young Freud posted:

I was reading that Janes' analysis and was surprised that they shitted on missile defense. Deployment of 40 interceptors is only possible because ballistic missile defense hasn't been a priority since the fall of the USSR and, despite it's increasing technical feasibility, it's a red-headed stepchild in the Pentagon. The cost of the GMD program is something like $40 billion dollars by 2017, but, in comparison, that's a drop in the bucket to the $1.3 trillion dollars we've spent on the F-35 program, and we've gotten successful intercepts out of GMD and THAAD.

Now would be the time to put missile defense as a top priority. It would neutralize the Russians' perennial threats of nuclear annihilation whenever someone considers countering something like Crimea takeover or using regular military in Donbass. Let the Russians spend to try to modernize their ballistic weapons to penetrate an upgraded missile defense network, it'll pull more money from their conventional military and bankrupt them faster. Imagine what would happen to their foreign policy if the Russians didn't have their nuclear weapons, we wouldn't be sitting on our hands with letting them bomb rebels and prop up Assad in Syria.

MAD and the cold war are still in living memory, so restricting missile defense to token containment of North Korea and previously Iran is a feature, not a bug.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The obviously stupid parts distracted me from the not-quite-so-obviously stupid parts.

goddamn :stonklol:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Russia is anywhere a Russian soldier has shed blood in service to the Motherland.

Also, anywhere that Russian speaking people have emigrated to.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

See this is what I'm finding hard to explain. I know propaganda is a powerful tool but popularity by warmongering? Doesn't anyone in there stop and think that sending your army into sovereign countries might not be the best idea?

Russia stronk. World see Russia as weak and disrespect Russia. Russia must send army to take land back and show Russia stronk!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Somaen posted:

The tzar is good, it's the boyars that are bad and steal

please ignore the implication that the tsar must be incompetent, stupid or complicit to keep hiring bad thieving boyars

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Last I heard, as far NATO defense goes, Germany had an agreement with France where they were supposed to have a combined 15 ready battalions (Originally, Germany was supposed to have 15 on its own). They each have maybe 4 or 5 under-strength battalions each, and a good chunk of France's is motorized. Eastern and Central Europe have been picking up a lot of slack.

Political reality and allied intervention aside, Poland could totally beat Germany in a fair fight right now. It's ridiculous how geographically-central EU members apart from France have completely atrophied militaries beyond the point of reasonable post-cold war drawdowns.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Orders for the PAK-FA have been quietly cut from enough to theoretically match the F-22 in numbers, down to 12 airframes. They've been having trouble finding export sales because it's really just a Su-27/35 with a bondo'd on stealth kit of questionable performance, and the Indians are reportedly upset because they feel the Russians sold them a bill of goods and are supposedly looking for a way to divest themselves of the program.

The plans for a new strategic bomber have been pretty much defunded from what I recall.

...and this from the only country on our planet to build and operate a large supersonic strategic bombing force (no, barely-over-mach 1-B1s don't count) :ussr:. Which areas of the Soviet Union contributed most to the expensive cold war era military that are missing now, besides Russia's economy being kind of lovely recently?

Also :lol: at 12 airframes, that's basically enough to pretend there's totally a domestic version of your export product apart from the prototypes.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 8, 2016

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ok, continues to operate a supersonic bomber fleet.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Gantolandon posted:

Meanwhile in Poland, the Constitutional Court found the December act that was supposed to "regulate" (read as "paralyze") this organ as unconstitutional. The Prime Minister of Poland already announced they won't publish the decision (as required by law), as the Constitutional Court didn't deliberate according to the rules of the aforementioned act. This means the executive and legislative is now in open conflict with judiciary.

I don't know how PIS hopes to win this standoff, since virtually no one but them and their electorate is on their side. They asked the Venice Commission to check the act, but after the leaked documents suggested the opinion won't be as PIS hoped, they completely lost their poo poo and accused the entire European Union of trying to dominate poor, plucky Poland. Even the US government asked them to please stop meddling with the Constitutional Court, which the ruling party completely ignored.

They hope Poland will become second Hungary, but Orban managed to seize power without a PR nightmare every single months. Everything PiS or their supporters do since the elections is a spectacle of incompetence. Polish news read like excerpts from The Onion. Recently the board of an elementary school in Opole launched an internal investigation because someone wrote "Andrzej Dupa" ("dupa" means "butt" in Polish) in the school toilet. They took the notebooks from the children to compare their handwriting and find the offender. As they told the students, they were afraid that during the annual inspection, someone is going to see the graffiti and assume the school authorities don't support the new government.

Is it too early to grab the popcorn in anticipation of the Polish civil war?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Friendly Humour posted:

Tanks and anti-tank missiles can be bought when necessary before the existing reserves would run out in the event of an all out war, and as we've seen with the Arab adventures in conquering Israel, initial materiel supremacy doesn't count for much if your people are primarily poorly trained conscripts. The US is in no way irrelevant to EU military affairs, but it's still the EU that's the primary counterweight to Putin's ambitions, not America. While the state of EU national militaries is mostly deplorable, I don't really see how that makes the US anything but an ally when it comes to security matters against Russia. Push comes to shove, US opinion doesn't decide if the EU goes to war.

The Russian tank horde could literally drive across Europe while taking occasional potshots at Leopard 2s dead in a ditch because nobody spent money on maintaining their engines. Building a sufficiently large European tank horde would take years so the only quick response would be to buy surplus Abrams from America.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The only reality worthy of consideration is the reality of the thermonuclear battlefield :colbert:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Baloogan posted:

russia is never as weak or as stronk as she appears

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lichtenstein posted:

I think one mock-worthy development of recent days somehow evaded the thread.

This is an official logo of Poland's Space Agency.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit D

what for

ESA and Roscosmos already exist if you want to buy a rocket to put things on

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pierogi posted:

We already have a successful institution in the form of Centrum Badań Kosmicznych (Space Research Center), which supplies various ESA missions in technical know how and instruments, but I guess we needed another one.

PLOAND #1

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Gantolandon posted:

That reminded me of another hilarious thing.

I reported several pages ago that the current president, Andrzej Duda, almost had a car accident, because the tirein his car fell apart? Some right-wing conspiracy theorists already suggested it was an (another) assassination attempt, that a hired sniper could have shot the wheel. There was a swift investigation and the truth has come out a few days ago.

It turned out that the tire that fell apart mid-ride was not only six-years old, but also already decommissioned. Some idiots in BOR (Government Protection Bureau), however, needed a tire for the presidential armored car right loving now, because Duda wanted to ski. They took the one from the decommissioned parts storage and installed it into the presidential armored car, which was meant to take the president from Wroclaw to Karpacz. Unfortunately, there were a section of the track which was not only quite steep, but full of rocks and ice. No car except the mountain lifeguards' off-road car could drive across. But the driver of the presidential car just floored and went through the rocks on full speed. This is probably when the tire was damaged.

Over a month later, the presidential car were speeding through the highway so fast the ambulance being a part of the convoy couldn't catch up. Low pressure alert was blaring, but the driver ignored it, because the president's delegation was already late. Somehow no one got hurt when the tire inevitably blew up. Had the idiot in the car died, we would have another Smolensk.

Edit: The best thing is that they can't blame PO for that, because they replaced the entire leadership of BOR several months ago.

:poland: lol.

How can your reasonably developed and wealthy country be so dysfunctional half the sitting officials are (publicly) convinced the other half is conspiring to kill them.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Polish paleoconservative catholics should elect an antipope for maximum hilarity.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

This is stupid because beetle infestations followed by recovery through all successional stages is completely natural.

anilEhilated posted:

In less serious news, the Chinese president is visiting the Czech Republic and it's a complete clusterfuck.
Prague got turned into a regular circus - flags on strees, billboards in Chinese, inflatable terracotta army. Companies that trade with China have booked every single town square capable of holding a protest months before (without anything actually happening there) so human rights activists are going bonkers, they defaced a couple Chinese flags only to find them replaced over night and guarded by police. So they whip up Tibetan flags and start patrolling the roads the president is supposed to take. Next thing they see, buses unload couple thousand Chinese with proper flags who promptly push them out with the assistance of police; the 100% natural flagwaving crowd also strategically takes place in front of billboards that show the ex-president Havel with the Dalai Lama.

Another bunch of protesters was being forced to remove their flag on the grounds of "threatening public health" and a bunch of them ended up arrested without any cause being stated and a couple fights break out when the Chinese claque rips flags out of protesters' hands. Police arrests a couple more protesters just for the heck of it and manages to grab one Chinese - apparently by accident.

Meanwhile, the presidents meet up, do their thing, plant a PR(C?) tree and not notice any violence; the Castle is surrounded from all sides by the imported cheering crowd - it wouldn't do for the honored guest to look out of a window and not see a Chinese flag anywhere. Zeman's speaker calls human rights activists fascist and funded by the opposition; the opposition unfurls a Tibetan flag from a parliament window. Leave it to us to turn everything into a local political squabble.
My favorite part is that yesterday afternoon one of the smaller TV stations apparently switched its programme and started broadcasting a Czech-Chinese cartoon - with Chinese subtitles. I guess the visitors were near a TV set at that moment.

Anyhow, the biggest protests are scheduled for today, if things turn more violent, it's gonna be there.

YESSSSS, some good Realsatire and kowtowing hard enough to crack your spines, you funny country.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Meanwhile bitter old men with burning hatred against environmentalists are keeping the old, misguided methods alive - and I'm not talking just about PiS, just last year the Czech state clown Zeman threw a hissy fit about not surrendering to "green fanatics" by approving a new forestry / national parks charter.
http://zpravy.aktualne.cz/domaci/politika/proti-zelenym-fanatikum-zeman-nepodpori-zakon-o-parcich/r~ffaccd4c084a11e59db2002590604f2e/

... and since you can't guarantee there will forever be a progressive government that's why politicising conservation science more than you absolutely have to is bad, kids :eng101:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:tinfoil:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

I've read it only on one news server, but Poland apparently wants back 368 hectares of territory they lost to Czech Rep during border adjustment in 1958. Is that a joke or is Poland really that butthurt about it?

quote:

The server it's on isn't very reliable and there's no date in the article, so that feels kinda weird; on the other hand, the current Polish government seems capable of just about anything.

You answered your own question, and yeah, countries absolutely can get into stupid slapfights about 3.68km² of land.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

Goods news everyone, Putin, in his eternal wisdom, have decided to make a new national guard consisting of a few hundred thousands troops with heavy equipment, who will be answerable only to the president and with a license to kill without warning. These troops will deal with terrorists, but also maintain public order in case of large scale protests, and it's a complete coincidence that this happens a few months before the elections.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35975840

:commissar:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ComradeKane posted:

So Poroshenko was implicated in the Panama Papers. What sort of political effect has that had there?

Poroshenko has always been a corrupt oligarch.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

Have you seen an interview with that reporter guy that was the first to get to the crashsite? Apparently as soon as Macierewicz heard about the plane crashing, he went straight into panic mode and was making GBS threads his pants that the ruskies are going to assassinate him next. This was before anything was known to the public or the people waiting for the polish delegation at the Katyń cemetery, his mind went straight from plane crash to russian assassination plot.

Polish Ministry of National Defence is run by a dude with straight up paranoid delusions. Like, I'm not really cool with demonizing those idiots and painting them as the second coming of Hitler or whatever, but there are people on the highest government level with legit and obvious mental issues. This is the dude that's right now trying to float the idea of a paramilitary formation equipped with automatic weapons, able to act without the need to declare a state of emergency, to protect against :airquote:immigrants:airquote:

Poland: leading the world in idiot kings with insane ministers, without actually being a monarchy.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

Looking at ukraine, those priorities aren't that messed up.

correct

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

sparatuvs posted:

Russia isn't gonna invade Poland. :toxx:

Because of the Polish tank horde, duh.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

sparatuvs posted:

Russia is still a rational actor, Ukraine has proved that. Don't turn it into a mindless bogeyman who wants to invade for the sake of painting the map like some eu4 player.

Plus I can't get banned after we all perish in nuclear hellfire.

From a western "sovereign states are inviolable unless the violator is America and the violee is a desert shithole" perspective that's not rational.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

So, would you like the US to be literally the world policeman for half the world?

No you see, everyone should just have a token border guard regiment.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Xerxes17 posted:

Not having a military doesn't matter up until the point that it does, which is often quite sudden.

I'm a pinko lefty and even I know that you gotta have a functioning military, goddamn.

This is very hard to understand because I am a post-cold war millennial who doesn't remember the last time actual wars happened outside the post-Soviet sphere and/or deserts

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

it's not a bug, it's a feature

putin is manly America's best bro after all

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Mans posted:

Natonalist idiots are attacking Portuguese people in Poland because they think we're Arabs. did they privatize sun rays during the 90's and everyone in Poland is a pale ghoul or something? :psyduck:

stop being so brown

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

OddObserver posted:

What's their angle, anyway? Why would a Polish nationalist have an issue with a memorial for a Polish fighter?

It's a homoliberonazist monument meant to oppress the Polish fighting spirit.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

El Scotch posted:

Hahahahaha

I bet it's like 419 scam emails. Anyone who isn't sufficiently retarded to be taken in by the bullshit is not part of the target audience.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

He may be next on the list.

Stalin approves.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Friendly Humour posted:

Whoah, this is the first time I'm hearing of this. That looks like purge levels of murder going on. Which is a bit odd.

What do you mean, purge?

All I see is natural Russian levels of depression, alcoholism, and poor driving :commissar:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Somaen posted:

Why the gently caress does the Kremlin spokeperson comment on something like that? Seems bizarre if they micromanage things related to commercial popculture like Eurovision

Post-Soviet shitholes use Eurovision as a nationalistic dickwaving opportunity. Since post-Soviet Russia specifically is the stronkest post-Soviet nation, all other nations must bow before post-Soviet Russia's manly and stronk Eurovision contestant.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

They have a severe inferiority complex so anything that could reflect badly on Russia in any way has to be explained away, justified or denied. I think most of the EE countries are like that, Poland certainly is.

Apropos of Eurovision let's all take a moment to remember the glorious craziness of the best Eurovision performance ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE

:eurovision: . flv

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Somaen posted:

In an official statement Kremlin spokesperson Peskov denies the rumours circulating on the internet that Putin is "a big gay homo" and suspects agents of "unfriendly countries" to be stoking the russophobic sentiment.

I'm not sure whether this real or whether you're taking the piss.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

We tried to improve things and they turned out as they always do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Palpek posted:

You have to fund those new cathedrals somehow.

The exchange of favors between the government and the Church is so apparent and disgusting at this point. The Church is telling the population how to vote in exchange for funding, eliminating 'problematic' organizations, retaining the right to buy and sell land when everybody else is forbidden to, changing the law on various social issues etc.

I'm becoming convinced that the plan is for Poland to head into the direction of a radical Catholic state complete with a Polish version of the burqa.
The Papal states have a long and proud history of glorious infighting and being the largest most corrupt whorehouse in all of Europe, Poland will be more stronk if this happens!

quote:

desecularization

Theocracy ftw.