Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
They're the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kiejzar posted:

The test I heard about was in Drawsko, and Polish tank had ERAWA type ERA, so probably not it. Story was told by guy who had a cask of whisky riding on the result, supposedly.

If you haven't noticed, I am arguing against complacency, not repeating Russian propaganda... People in Poland who know alot about tank warfare are right now concerned that we have exactly one weapon system that can harm new Russian hardware - Israeli-licensed Spikes.

Source mentioned late Soviet-era Fagot, Malutka and Metys weapons systems.

If an Abrams can't hurt a lovely T-72 then what chance does a T-90 have of hurting it? Or did Russia become superior in both Armour and Gun systems while no one was watching? I'm pretty sure Russia has always lagged behind in Sabot ability not counting the new untested Vacuum-1 ammo that the T-14s are supposedly getting. I'm getting so loving tired that people think a country that spends the same budget as Italy on its military is somehow making all these super weapons.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

I kinda wish for Poland to test their new stealth tank against Russia (joking). Also I think Russia is a paper tiger that would lose war against any moderately competent NATO military such as Turkey.

Russian tanks invincible and able to shoot through 10 abrams in a line. Can fire missiles that fire smaller missiles that fire sabots. T-14 armata secretly powered by tiny fusion reactor. Russian soldiers specifically picked out from people who are illiterate and so cannot retreat... they do not know word!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

sparatuvs posted:

I wonder if the fighting could lead to Armenia invoking defensive protection because of the ODKB. As far as I can tell the clashes were between NK troops and Azeri, and not actually Armenian military, but I'm sure Russia would love to pull a Georgia on Azerbaijan. I highly doubt the US will support them at all, so it would probably go even faster than the invasion of Georgia.

I assumed with the Russian rhetoric the other day that they were already involved in this. Both Russia and turkey had been agitating over the Armenia/Azerbaijan dispute. And suddenly there's fighting. One or both of them pulled the proxy war trigger. They already deep in this.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

sparatuvs posted:

It's more a sign of messed up priorities.

Actually it seems a very sensible size. Europe massively under funds its militaries because it relies on the US. This is not a secret. Problem is due to corruption and tax evasion no one actually has any spare money without cutting into things like welfare. And they'll gladly tear welfare up before doing anything about corruption. In the UK it seems like we have the choice of a decent military, the NHS, working infrastructure. PICK ONE. Currently the roads still work but we're slowly losing the NHS and our military consists of a dingy and an old man with a shotgun.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Have you explained that Putin and Russia are not leftist? And that as a hard leftist he would be sent to a prison ran by an oligarch? Try mentioning that most powerful Russians are currently making GBS threads up London in their giant 2nd, 3rd and 4th homes plus yacht.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 17, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I've said it a few times now; if you haven't experienced the effects of a state with near-universal state control of the media, it's hard to understand its effects on the civic consciousness.

To be fair it works the other way as well. Most of the UK media is owned by Murdoch who is very much a kingmaker within this country. Corporate control, state control. Pick your poison.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

AceRimmer posted:

Grant Morrison's newest comic sounds amazing.

I don't know if you were being ironic but I'd totally read it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

jonnypeh posted:

Latvia has not.

30,000 soldiers is already better than a token professional force of 1,500 (even if supported by the home guard units). Give them quality MANPADS and ATGMs and the opponent will have something to think about.

No they really won't. They'll be hit by artillery and cruise missiles and die in the thousands.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I think it means they want their internet to be self sufficient. No outside connectivity needed. This will evolve into no outside connectivity desired. They are going to hardwire themselves out of the rest of the worlds internet. Or at least have the capability to.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

That image was designed to be 100% outrageous to the American Patriot. Pussy liberal Canadians, Gay Europeans, Dirty Mexicans, Insidious Chinese. America gets nothing. Not a single state remains in control.

It's just weird puerile wank material for Russian ultranationalists.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The worst and most insidious form of invasion performed by NATO. Being completely ignored by them.

"Who?" *Entire country detonates and honour is besmirched*

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
What a weird situation. They can't admit they're just gangs having a turf war so they have to keep giving credit to their "official" enemy each time one of them gets offed.

"Oh yeah, Ukranian commandos totally killed all these high profile dudes, what utter elite super badass bastards, I really hate those awesome guys and their ability to kill us"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't this just signal that the information leaked is legit?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
He's as invulnerable as any powerful ex-spy turned world leader with an extensive network including most high level business types, oligarchs and crime syndicates. Backed up with nuclear weapons.

The counter to him is a unified populace, a direction for the country and low corruption. Essentially the world has never been so vulnerable to Putins manipulation.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The irony being that the people most susceptible to Russia's propaganda are right wing "patriot" types. They love them some strong man Putin.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Vasukhani posted:

I missed the "with us" so I reported this, pls ignore.

I think the EU should just encourage your exit strongly so people can get a good idea about how viable Poland is without the Brussels homocommiefacists

it'll be like it is with the UK: really bad but not enough to actually make the dickheads think they made a mistake

we're about to have actual food shortages in the UK and absolutely no brexiter is thinking 'lol maybe we shouldn't have left that giant trade block that also has lots of drivers who can freely travel within our borders to deliver food'

the only people that would think that didn't vote leave.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Jesus loving Christ, how ghoulish can somebody be.

Yes, they are totally the same thing. When Russia invades a country with its military to either entrench a dictatorial regime, or to install a new cadre of brutal tyrants or outright mafia style gangsters to rule over territory it takes by lethal force, it's the same thing as when people replace a dictator (especially one who tried to deal with protests by shooting live ammunition into people) with an elected government that reflects their interests.

There's few better indicators that you are dealing with a cynical bootlicker than when they start throwing around "color revolutions". There has never been a popular movement these freaks wouldn't like to see crushed and brutalized under the steel toed boots of fash strongmen.

It's absolutely sickening this is the sort of discourse we have to put up with in here in the name of "discussion"

I don't support Russian aggression but the color revolutions absolutely were provoked by western intelligence services. They absolutely had terrible leaders and that terribleness made them weak and vulnerable. But don't think for a second that the west had any intentions other than opening markets. So if a despot gets removed and replaced with a fascist 'democracy' but the markets are open and ripe? Victory.

Problem here is you're treating the great game like goodies vs baddies when it's actually just a giant game between monsters. Stop being a child and thinking there's a good side to support.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Alchenar posted:

I mean cinci is right, this is fundamentally a choice about quality of debate. D&D can either be a place where every thread is mired in debunking low-effort disinformation hopefully for the benefit of lurkers, or it can be a place to discuss and learn about what is actually going on. But it can't be both. Oh and everyone hates doing the former. Nobody has been happy with the last few pages apart the very gleeful troll.

E: ^^ basically it's a 'final offer, no chance of misinterpretation in the room'

All you're doing here is creating a situation where any poster that falls foul of the majority is declared 'low effort' and removed. You suggested no definition of what is low-effort and i'm not sure how you would unless you are suggesting going back to the bad old days where people broke apart posts by sentence and everyone had to post referrals like a wiki article.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Seems like the US and Ukraine are a bunch of clowns and I hope Russia can restore order in those nations in short time and with the minimum amount of casualties

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

Indeed.

Putin is threatening to invade their home, their home. Like, try to put yourself in their shoes. If some huge neighboring power was massing tanks on the border and threatening to come into the US, to my state, my home, and tear down my government and take away my rights and ability to determine my own life I'd be ready to fight them, too. I think most people would. I think most Americans love their homes, warts and all, and want them to thrive. They don't want to bow to some paranoid little poisoner mafia-boss in Moscow.

Your post describes exactly why Russia cannot allow the Ukraine to invite hostile Nato assets into Russias borders. I’m going to assume you simply forgot that this is not some distant nation that Russia is picking on. That what Nato thinks is acceptable is that it gets to place weapons right next to Russia. Would the US be ok with Mexico allowing a Russian-Chinese alliance to stage weapons on Americas borders?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

no funny business here

US proves once again that it cares about the people of Europe

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

The level of military response really shows how much of a threat the evil perfidious NATO really is to poow wittwe Russia

Yeah it’s Russia’s fault the west is a bunch of degenerate failing nations

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I’m sure you have legitimate reasons to be upset that there’s a lack of outpouring enthusiasm for a run of the mill Russia apologism, different from previous hundreds of similar takes in the iterations of this thread only by somehow necessitating 1800 words this time to, arguably, poorly convey the message. That said, you could enjoy more useful conversations if you can find in yourself the strength to post not just at largely imaginary posting enemies, but also at real people actually participating in this thread.

What an ironic post. It’s a work of art.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Orthanc6 posted:

If Ukraine survives the current crisis, all they'd have to do is make some conventional long-range ballistic missiles to make Russia seriously reconsider their aggressions. You don't have to erase Moscow to cause serious issues, just be able to hit key targets in it with only 5 minute warning time. And the bonus is Russia is pretty much limited to a conventional response, unless they want a radioactive cloud drifting over their own industrial core. Again.

Russia has long range conventional missiles of its own. And more of them.

But please, continue to fantasise about why the dirtbag nazi country deserves to hold Russia hostage by placing missiles along its border aimed at them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

cinci zoo sniper posted:

As an EU politician, I really enjoyed Tusk. But then again, I’m a Verhofstadt enjoyer, and my preferences for EU would definitely make a fair number of people uneasy.

Quite

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

I was just thinking about that timeline in which he took power instead of Yeltsin, nuked Grozny, almost started WW3 over Bosnia, and punched Tony Blair in the face.
Fuckity gently caress him.

Are you angry at him for things that didn’t happen? Do you really like Tony Blair?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Giggle Goose posted:

Meanwhile Jeremy "Kompromat" Corbyn is trying to blame NATO for everything. He's even got Starmer out there writing OP eds about his dumb rear end. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/10/labour-nato-british-left-ukraine-keir-starmer

lol at the ideological positions this thread this forcing people

Jeremy Corbyn, enemy of D&D

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
can't see any repercussions to letting nazi dirtbag country into the EU, they can join in the race to the bottom along with Poland and Hungary

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

This isn't Europa Universalis, he has no CB as is (or one anybody believes, which is the same thing), and he needs none.

NATO influence is a CB whether you believe it's a threat to Russia or not. Russia gets to say it's a threat and bing bong CB.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Sekenr posted:

Putin set up so much obfuscation he himself doesnt know wtf is going on. Imo his own "elite" who were all for "rattle the nerves of smug western assholes a bit but no to actual war" are getting nervous themselves. Another semi important ex military dude spoke out against the war. I imagine acting military are not super happy either. After ukro nazis and their NATO masters they will be next to be blamed for everything.

Not really?

The only ones obfuscated are the media and this thread because you all fell for obvious bullshit. No need to pretend there was a masterplan that got out of control so how could you not be beguiled. People tried to tell you there would be no war and you wouldn't listen.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
What you think these people would just go on the internet and lie?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

This feels like a sign from god that maybe we shouldn't be giving Ukraine weapons

What was this probe for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Somaen posted:

Rape apologist and genocide denier tankie handwringing about nazis. Get out freak

now this is what I call discourse