Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Warbadger posted:

Yeah, as much as the Russian government is awful I'm not really thrilled about a bunch of Russian musicians dying.

They were propagandists for terrorism. The reporters traveling with them were the same as ISIS embedded reporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
The executive order also placed sanctions on the entire FSB.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/815232903948931073

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38625872

quote:

Kosovo has prevented a Serbian train crossing the border between the two countries, with allegations it was prepared to blow up the track.

It said the slogan "Kosovo is Serbian" painted on the train was a celebration of cultural heritage.

The Russian-made train had been decorated with large images of Serbian Orthodox religious icons from famous monasteries in Kosovo, while hostesses were dressed in Serbia's national colours.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38630152

quote:

Serbia has warned it will defend "every inch" of what it claims as its territory in neighbouring Kosovo.
President Tomislav Nikolic accused Kosovo of seeking a war, after a train painted in Serbian colours and the words "Kosovo is Serbia" was prevented from crossing the Kosovan border.
Kosovo saw the train as a deliberate provocation.
As tensions grew, Mr Nikolic said that he would be willing to send the army to defend Serbs in Kosovo, if necessary.

A Russian puppet orchestrating a challenge to NATO right during the presidential transition? Not suspect at all.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I do hope that is is just another episode of X Balkan country shittalking Y Balkan country. Not that the wars haven't begun for that reason, but here's hoping there won't be escalation past anyone being mad.

i hope we all die with the image of kosovo je srbija written in korean on our minds

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics.php?yyyy=2017&mm=01&dd=15&nav_id=100237

quote:

"Let Albanians and their sponsors think about that. We will act in line with the Constitution of Serbia. Kosovo and Metohija is, under international law, a part of Serbia," the president said.

According to him, "Saturday was a day at the brink of conflict, although Belgrade made an effort not to show it."

"The appearance of (Pristina's) ROSU units (in northern Kosovo) was a sign that (Kosovo) Albanians want war," Nikolic said.

Nikolic has like 25% approval rating so this might just be an attempt to wag the tail.

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 15, 2017

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

A Pale Horse posted:

So is Serbia giving up on their accession attempts or what because I can't imagine starting another loving war in the Balkans is going to sit well with Brussels.

Looks like he is directly blaming the EU

quote:

"We will never start and cause a conflict, but permit us, we are a state that must protect its people and its territory. Kosovo is a territory under UN control, while the EU has a big role," Nikolic added.

"The territory of Kosovo is the territory of Serbia under international law and each citizen there must be safe," he said.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
second day of non-stop shelling.

The Russians have eliminated the US as a threat. Their puppet Bannon is behind the president.

Now they can push.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
7 Ukrainian troops killed today.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MarQs__/status/826338184950841344

I guess we know what trump and putin's agreement was

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKk-3OrgPAg

Those ain't BM-21's

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
These things happen

Too much sturgeon

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Cugel the Clever posted:

There a version of this showing a longer timespan than just the week? Would be more useful as proof that the call and the spike have a causal relation.

steinrokkan posted:

The US envoy to the UN, confirmed by the Republican Senate and chosen by Trump, affirms commitment to anti-Russian sanctions. They will last as long as Crimea is occupied.

http://www.rferl.org/a/us-senate-confirms-nikki-haley-ukraine-sovereignty-crimea-advocate-un-ambassador/28255930.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/..._medium=twitter

still, some sanctions came off today.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Remember, Ukrainian forces are simultaneously a ragtag group of nazis and penal battalions AND a crack special forces team capable of carrying covert raids deep in enemy territory without being detected. Which one is it RT?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Also has that whole nazi collaborator angle

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Discendo Vox posted:

That bodyguard deserves a medal for his recovery. I'm...surprised that the assassin would've agreed to hitting him in the middle of the street in broad daylight. Their employer must've been desperate.

That's the point, they wanted to send a message with the killing.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
i hope it was ukrainian nazis

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Young Freud posted:

For the people of Saint Petersburg, it's the worst day of their lives. For Putin, it's a Monday.

to be fair stuff gets less important once you've done it 3 times

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

steinrokkan posted:

Split is a nice city to visit.

Too bad it will be burned down in a fit of nationalist denial.

Split is v nice. Only downside was the cafe waiter who decided i didn't want change and just was giving him a 200 kuna tip for something that costs 25kn.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Slovenians are hill Germans who eat horse and makadonians are some illyrians who got trapped and started speaking some proto language that just happens to sound slavic

The people in between are hut people who fail the mirror test

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

steinrokkan posted:

Hot takes, presumably by an American burning with a jealousy of people with history and culture.

that beautiful herstory and kulture of pogrom'ing jews

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 11, 2017

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
The hill Germans and illyrians were intended as compliments

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Those are mountain Nazis. Slovenians have the essential oils of hill nemets big diff

This is all very offensive to me

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
I just got an email from Liberland saying that there are now some houseboats for rent along the shore! Likewise, the Croatian border police are relenting and allowing boats through.

Also a netflix documentary on the way

The bad news:

quote:

You have collected 0 merits so far. Those who collected more than 5000 merits by donation or other efforts helping our cause will be eligible for citizenship. Thank you for your support and if you would like to help us realize our vision of a truly free country, please do so here.

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 2, 2017

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Grouchio posted:

An influx of technical know-how from the US did not improve the living standards of Latin American countries; it instead made them more subject to US policies. Technology alone can't solve Russia's corruption/fiscal problems comrade.

Could your elaborate on this for about 8 pages, size 12 TNR, and provide a bibliography?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Paladinus posted:

Could this bi-annual exercise that NATO are fully aware of be a start of an open military invasion? We just don't know, I guess.

I don't know dude. It makes perfect sense that Russia would destabilize its only steadfast European ally for no reason.

American media is absolutely batshit about Russia it his hysterical. When I was in Petersburg there were the den' russii protests and CNN was portraying them like massive riots on the streets of Petrograd. In reality most people there were just watching the loving parade and couldn't give 2 shits about politics.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Rip slavatuvs, got his spirit broken in the gulag.

Just the opposite, VB. The spirit of the average Russian is so broken they make 1919 Berlin look like a jubilee. They aren't a threat to your neo-con world order.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Except for loving with (or trying very hard to gently caress with) our elections, you mean.

I have some bad news for you.

Hillary lost because she was a bad candidate that libs convinced themselves was good.

not because of the scary slav

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 21, 2017

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

khwarezm posted:

Did you know multiple things can happen at once?

Don't blame Russia for your decision to elect demented fat hitler.

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 21, 2017

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't know. I assumed the FSB has at least the capability of the American Secret Service when it comes to reading online forums. I doubt they'd actually care about a foreign national saying "death to the troops" but who knows.

And on to the main point. Russia invading ANYONE is a complete hype game, if it was anywhere, it would be an expansion in Ukraine. Until Putin dies in 15-20 years and there is a civil war between oligarchs that is.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Warbadger posted:

They already invaded Ukraine and already annexed territory from it. This was after they actually invaded Georgia and annexed territory from it by proxy a few times. Are you saying they can't do the same thing to anyone else?

why would they?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Lichtenstein posted:

Have a merry revolution, y'all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Z8Bq35d0k

let's hope that our great-grandchildren can celebrate the bicentennial in leningrad Posadasgrad

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
ukraine is going down again.looks like the lnr is under new management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Shortly after arriving in Russia I left about 10,000 rub on my desk in a lovely student apartment. I was exhausted so I completely forgo putting in a cupboard and locked up and went out to get something to eat. When I came back I learned that we apparently had a cleaning service that just would let themselves in when they needed to. They not only did not steal any of the money, but they stacked it nicely and stacked the coins by denomination. I was baffled. My american morals could not fathom how someone wouldn't just take a months pay from a foreigner with no recourse.