Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Gervasius posted:

congrats cinci you may give me a sixer with the worst olivier salad picture you can find

https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/15063277-pizza-hut-salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TipTow posted:

What did the U.S., France, Turkey, et al. gain from the Baltics joining?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

nurmie posted:

excuse me, but have you considered

I will raise you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCUrEIpSJQ

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ah, I see. Have they tried inserting activated coal into the CD-ROM?

New thread title right here

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Eastern Europe: But doctor, I am Volodymyr Zelensky

Mokotow posted:

Should this be pork, veal, chicken or turkey?
Would you throw a fried egg on it?
How about yellow cheese? Mushrooms?
What side would go best with it?

Potato, with mayonnaise, not too yellow, absolutely with gravy, apple cheese.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

D-Pad posted:

Pointing out how Russia views the situation is not the same thing as endorsing or agreeing with that viewpoint. We should be able to have discussions about how another actor views a situation decoupled from whether that view is good or bad, but alas some people just aren't capable of that.

https://unherd.com/2020/02/eugenics-is-possible-is-not-the-same-as-eugenics-is-good/

We do not have to decouple a statement from its context and presume the good faith of the source's claimed motivations. I cannot imagine a worse example to pick here than Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris talking about race.

fake edit: what the gently caress is this site you've linked.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 28, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Eastern Europe: We must respect the right to a schnitzel of influence

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

iv46vi posted:

It’s clearly “schnitzel provocation in Olivier sphere of influence”

I keep getting trumped with these much better ones, ugh

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Captain Melo posted:

Is there a good primer for someone who is completely ignorant of EE and just wants to understand what is happening? All I've seen lately is headlines but I'm woefully underinformed and I probably shouldn't be.

Thankfully there's a fairly comprehensive and unbiased source on the subject: here you go.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 31, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Please make it at least somewhat thread-relevant.

Look closer. (editing to match that artifacted parchment background is exhausting with my limited tools)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I asked mods if I can refund 6 minutes of my time, but, unfortunately, 6 hours is the minimum duration. Please make your shop a bit more easy to find next time. Ideally, post something genuinely relevant alongside your meme.

There’s a microscopic “Donetsk (fields of battle)”

Sorry, sorry- I'd had grand plans for a full reworking but the editing was just too finicky. I had to make that letter k by hand.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nenonen posted:

What an insane meeting. One is the stooge of a power hungry madman, trying in every possible way to humiliate and discredit Britain internationally. And the other is Russia's foreign minister.

:golfclap:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

I've got a fight to Kiev on the 20th lol. Let's see if anything happens until then.

Just as long as it's not Malaysia Air.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

As a note in passing, one of the Russian athletes at the Olympics failed a PED test.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

That's a high number...to be clear that's the military reserve, right?

edit: Yup appears so. I shoulda just googled, sorry.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I know this is mostly just speculating, that there's bigger poo poo going on right now and I'm not an expert on EE politics by any means, but what exactly happens when Putin dies or steps down? Is there anyone else lined up to take his place when that day comes or is he just full-on FYGM about whatever the next generation of Russian politics looks like?

In brief, there's no outward sign of an explicit next in line, because if you're a strongman dictator, having a next in line or succession planning is basically giving someone an on-ramp to overthrowing you. Individuals who seemed to have been floated/groomed for the purpose, like Medvedev, don't seem to have stuck around in such a role. That said, Russia has enough institutions and structures in place that it's not really evident that they'd go into some sort of public collapse when Putin kicks it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I don't doubt that. I'm more concerned about its various allies and disputed territories, Chechnya in particular. Authoritarian regimes generally don't work well together if the guy on top isn't greasing the right wheels.

That's a good point, and I got no clue there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Still don't see how it doesn't become a terrible idea: Crypto is VERY slow to process, its super inflationary values make it practically worthless as a base.

If the infra's housed in Russia, it's harder for external law enforcement to go after hackers that use it for things like ransomware. Where it's just used for that and laundering, a lot of its defects stop being as important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Much better than my Tolkein attempt.