Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Except for that whole part where they basically already have had troops inside Ukraine for ages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbas

Unless you think these well equipped partisans just popped out of nowhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War

Yeah, I'm sure they did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Ukrainian_War#Details_of_Russian_involvement_in_Donbas

I especially love repeated Russian military incursions because "They got lost"

those partisans popped out of these graves

https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2014/9/22/in-pictures-destruction-in-ukraines-luhansk/

ukrainian nazis started this war by driving over peaceful protestors with tanks, and thats why luhansk and donetsk are willing to accept help from anyone to avoid falling under the rule of murderers and nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Pretty sure that the insurgency predates that grave and that article but nice job shifting the goal posts.

what goal posts, you just posted a series of wikipedia links and something about.... what biden said during the early conflict? but yeah, when you got ethnic massacres going on, a separatist rebellion is kinda the inevitable result

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Pretty sure that the insurgency predates that grave and that article but nice job shifting the goal posts.

Also: you do realize when you say "Not fall under the rule of Murderers and Nazis" you are talking about accepting help from a leader that has openly conducted campaigns of murder against dissidents and has a history of using chemical and neurological weapons against both his enemies, dissidents, and civilians?

You are aware you are talking about Putin, right?

stop loving editing your posts in response to my later posts. if you are currently being ethnically cleansed, i do indeed think it is morally ok to accept any and all help coming in, no matter the source

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
could you maybe moderate the thread before debating me commiegir. like maybe ban that guy under you accusing me of genocide denialism

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

I'll let another mod deal with it: Answer the question. Where is the claim of Ethnic cleansing come from? On what basis? Mysteriously, the claims of Ethnic Cleansing didn't occur until AFTER Yunokovich fled and Russia was already caught on tape openly planning the annexation of Crimea.

Russia has ENTIRELY claimed there was a risk to "Ethnic Russians" in Donbas, literally pulling a card from the Invasion of Poland to justify Russian support for an insurgency. Its also funny given that the SBU and Ukraine has openly caught Pro Russian Nazis trying to stir up violence in the past

what kind of evidence would you like? news links from 2014?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Your article in NO WAY states there is ethnic cleansing, and is largely talking about the cease fire and deaths from the insurgency, so again, if the insurgency was about stopping some sort of ethnic cleaning, you think they'd mention that.

So where is your claim of ethnic cleansing? The article is about Luhansk which is, effectively, a contested city in a warzone. That's not proof of the ethnic cleansing you claim it is.

that was just a random article that popped up, but if i understand correctly, you want me to write a timeline of the grievances that led the people of Donetsk and Luhansk to rise up in an actual peoples revolt. which is quite the request, if that is what you want?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

No I want you to, within the frame of the CURRENT Insurgency and Russian intervention, show me where this ethnic cleansing is? If your argument rests on Donbass needing Russian support to stop a genocide, then show me where that is and when was it occurring from 2014 till now?

Where was the imminent threat? When did it start?

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2014/07/06/donbass-russians-subject-unparalleled-ethnic-cleansing/

heres a good one going through the roots of the conflict

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/russian-convoy-crosses-border-ukraine-without-permission
if you recall these aid convoys, they were in response to a blockade instituted on the luhansk and donetsk territories. people were being starved

CommieGIR posted:

You realize that's a Russian funded think tank, right and is largely viewed as an arm of the russian government?

Bonus points for funding a conspiracy theorist who does Holocaust Denials

i was actually writing a joke post with that on another tab, posted by mistake. anyway, you do want us go through the early luhansk and donetsk events? what do you remember of it?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fritz the Horse posted:

I skimmed the last few pages of the thread, they will be acted on. Most of the mods are in the middle of their work day or asleep right now.

sorry about making it so hot by my mere presence i guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fritz the Horse posted:

So you were going to post a link to an antisemitic (and a whole lot else) conspiracy theory organization as a joke, correct?

as a satiristic response to what is being demanded of me, which is a short history on the origins of luhansk-donetsk crisis, yes. i trust that i can have like a day or two to write that? i got other poo poo to do tonight, but ill get to it tomorrow

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)