Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think they're just really upset they didn't get dibs on a leak that is actually toppling heads of state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

OddObserver posted:

Whoa: Rada speaker Volodymyr Hroysman has withdrawn his candidacy for PM, as some of his conditions haven't been met. As Yataenyuk's resignation is supposed to be submitted tomorrow, things have gotten pretty strange.

is Jaresko still considered a candidate?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ah yes, the Limon party

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Yeah, I'd be surprised if no one did anything about such a turbulent priest

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

I am actually curious what a monument designed to unambiguously glorify and promote child soldiering would look like. For a friend, I mean.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bloodshit posted:

Think about it from our perspective- you have a wide array of different media sources all claiming to be objective and unbiased pushing the same narrative and the same agenda. Unless you have really good critical thinking skills, it's almost inevitable that you'll be sucked into the disinformation and distortion. Most people are too busy with their work and their family to spend time doing research and figuring out what the gently caress is actually happening in the rest of the world.

The average person in an English-speaking country has it pretty freaken good wrt multiple competing information sources, it's not like a lot of places where a pensioner without internet access might only get news from state-owned TV broadcasts. Also, there's a whole lot more English-language internet media out there compared to other languages

I don't know if you're arguing in good faith or not but America's media landscape is extremely diverse compared to most of the world. It's true that a lot of Americans choose to get their news from lovely sources but that's true anyplace where you have a big media marketplace

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm withholding judgment until someone produces the kitten alive and unarmed

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

slavatuvs posted:

I guess that confirms ISIS.

Or deep cover FSB aiding TAK :tinfoil:

remember, no Turkish

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

waitwhatno posted:

Queue It's always sunny intro music and "Donald Trump becomes president" title card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6M_2fTACeI

close enough

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

AceRimmer posted:

And then there's all the horrible misogyny

quote:

“What will you do, kill me?” she said, laughing nervously.

“Maybe, yeah,” I replied. “I’ll throw you off my balcony. I’ll make it look like an accident.”

She started to cry, but I was relentless. I told her that if she had the child, she would be killing me, so it was an act of self-defense. And if I didn’t kill her, then I would flee Moscow and she’d never find me….I was relentless. I attacked her the Russian way: I wore her down for hours during the KGB interrogation-style

:pwn:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mr president, we must not allow a memecraft gap

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Is Motorola dead for real? I feel like he's been declared dead a few times

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Are people from all over Russia really falling over themselves to be Kadyrov's assistant? seems like a dangerous gig

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

killing elliot smith is Putin's greatest atrocity

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zbigniews if true

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

He also committed to article 5 today. Shook Trump?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Something's happening in Luhansk I guess?

https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/932927775643709440

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-luhansk/ukraine-rebel-leader-accuses-sacked-ally-of-staging-revolt-idUSKBN1DL1I5?il=0

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Was this the guy who forced his Russian "girlfriend" to get an abortion or am I thinking of another Kremlin shill.
Mark Ames? I wouldn't really call him a Kremlin shill, certainly not to the extent that Graham Phillips is.

Also I'm still not sure if his story about threatening to kill his girlfriend actually happened or if it was just a bit of exploratory fiction from the perspective of his alter ego, Jock James

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

He and Theodore Postol debated in October, the full debate is supposed to be released sometime this month

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Even worse than Kadyrov? Yeesh

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I love Calormen and Narnia, which is part of Calormen

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I hear their new prime minister really hates jews, you could start by reading about him

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm just sayin, they seem awfully tolerant of jews given how often they're tarred as neo nazis by their large imperial neighbor: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/28/most-poles-accept-jews-as-fellow-citizens-and-neighbors-but-a-minority-do-not/

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Rust Martialis posted:

Альтернатива Том Клэнси заметила

I hope so! Everything about this conflict just seems so dang stupid

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the power of blockchain

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I really don't think Ardennes is what you think he is

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/comments/ame9qb/what_is_happening_in_poland_what_is_pissgate/

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

its actually an unacceptable compromise and a slap in the face to the true descendants of Alexander

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Orange Devil posted:

The Netherlands, Facebook and Google got them pounds y'all.

:ssh:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

did we ever figure out whether the angel kid is supposed to be Pavlik Morozov

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Structure fires are really good at killing a ton of people, whether you intend to or not. There was partisan fighting in Odessa for days but the vast majority of the deaths happened in that trade union fire

It's like when a bank was burnt in Greece and several employees died. Did most of the protesters go there to kill people? No, but it was used to tar the protest movement

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm not 'batting for' the psychos in that crowd but there are a lot of people who use that fire to justify Russia's invasion. If the Ukrainian ogre is really so bloodthirsty, why did you not see similar massacres elsewhere?

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 20, 2020

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the only source I've seen for that is The Sun interviewing a "Moscow political scientist" and "Observers who studied recent footage of Putin." It wouldn't shock me if it were true but I don't see anyone more reputable picking up the story

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I don't think there's any stomach in europe for that kind of escalation, but if there was I think the Poles would be on board

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

that video keeps popping up in my recommends and I just assumed it was a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 promotion

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Would a neutral Ukraine actually be acceptable to Putin? Zelensky campaigned on seeking rapprochement with Russia but was rebuffed

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The 90's weren't particularly kind to Russia.

I think that's what he's saying - that Japan and Germany received additional support which Russia didn't get

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vasukhani posted:

Ukraine is an existential interest for Russia -- specifically preventing Ukraine from becoming the keystone of an extended cordon sanitaire. It is not an existential, or even close to main, interest for the US and allies.

do Russians in general view Ukraine as existential? Most Russians were opposed to a shooting war with Ukraine in 2014 and those attitudes have increased in more recent polls:

There's a reason why the administration worked so hard to hide its operations in 2014 - most Russians do not want war with Ukraine

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vasukhani posted:

The "thoughts" of the public don't matter at all in this, even in democratic societies. They can be made to think what is necessary for them to think.
alright, fair enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Omicron/Covid probably isn't deadly to young people to have the same impact

(although, big troop deployments would certainly be fertile ground for mutations)