Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Brown Moses posted:

Found a rare video of the low-loader that transported the MH17 Buk filmed from the front and up close
What makes it distinguishable from the rest of the truck fleet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Brown Moses posted:

As promised, the edited version of my presentation on open source and social media investigation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zvsXv2ECI

This is great. Do you mind if I share this with friends?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Sergiu64 posted:

The only thing you should be worried about is her getting seduced by a hunky Ukrainian man.

I got this, thanks

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Holocaust420 posted:

US-backed "pro-democracy activists"- the same ones that spearheaded the "revolution" in February 2014- physically assault pensioners in Kiev for waving Soviet flags and protesting against the "democratic" US-backed regime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziyL7cLICCM

Looks like Ukraine is finally enjoying its fabled "freedom" and "democracy"- the same one graciously bestowed upon the people of Indonesia in 1967, Guatemala in 1954, Iran in 1953, Chile in 1973, and many other nations- even today deeply grateful for their liberation from tyranny and dictatorship.
Hahahaha

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Apart from the conspiracy theory part, it's not actually funny at all. :(
Assaulting elderly protesters is not cool t all, but notice that attackers were focused on taking the signs away and not much else. Unless I'm missing something.

I see those picketers though the same lens that i see Westboro Baptist Church or holocaust deniers, it appears that someone else does too.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Oh yeah, throwing paint and bottles at people and calling them Jews is pretty cool, actually, because they are the REAL nazis, not people who've posted this video on the official Azov youtube channel that has a Wolfsangel symbol as its logo.

Old people picketing in favour of USSR? Unbelievable, they must be paid actors!
I didn't see paint and bottles, but I'm watching this on a small phone screen, so I apologize. Not sure who are the parties involved, but young people tend to do stupid poo poo, whether there is an actual pro-fascist association or not. Just because it was posted by Azov channel, does not make them members of any nazi-wannabe far right group that plague western Ukraine. Considering how actual paid actors appeared front and center in Donbass protests, I wouldn't dismiss it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
A half-assed police investigation and nothing else

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Darth Walrus posted:

Think you misread the sentence order there. Unless Russian police incompetence is getting really exotic.

What am I missing there? Russian police is not the most competent to begin with, and combined with the huge workload, there are many unsolved murders and mysteries in their system. When you factor in corruption, the priority ladder of cases that actually gets investigated, is correlated to the amount of bribes and bonuses that are on the table. So unless there is a pressure from the top, police follow the path of least resistance and investigate very little. Luckily, most common domestic crimes are perpetuated by a people in close proximity to the victim, and easy to solve. If this man was actually assassinated, then the case is destined to linger in the archives forever.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Do you have to register as The Gay on order to be denied papers?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

slavatuvs posted:

I bet you could do the same thing for the American military.

people die

some people kill themselves
Well, do it

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

quote:
Russia needs the price of oil to be $98 or higher in order to produce it at a profit, and its economy, along with the value of the ruble, have been hit hard as a result. Over $150 billion has been lost in GDP to the low price of oil, and many fear that Russia may yet again default.
That is pure loving horseshit. Russia is turning profit even now, even if the price falls below $40. It's just not much profit, and it's definitely not sustaining their economy like it's supposed to.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

grate deceiver posted:

Why yes, I'd love to come to work on saturday. I'm sure it has nothing to do with an anti-government march planned on the same day. Just an unfortunate coincidence, yup :thumbsup:

That depends on what you do for a living

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Actually, I meant that situation outside capitals is worse, not better. And Moscow/St. Petersburg are very different from rest of Russia, but hey, maybe everyone but you is an idiot. Talking to older people could help figure out the city of culture bit, it's just the Moscow with it's rivalry that likes snidely ironic 'city of culture' when 20-year olds argue inbetween themselves which of the two cities has more apparent drug addicts.
Not sure where I've seen this info, but isn't something like half of Russia's middle class lives in Moscow/St Peter? The rest of the country are peasants, figuratively speaking. I personally haven't seen anything to disprove that, and last time I went to Russia was before oil price collapse.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I fail to see how having 6 different media conglomerates controlling 80% of information, is the same as 1 outfit controlling 100% of all media. And don't forget the actual freedom to publish/broadcast most information with impunity, no matter how small the channel, unlike in totalitarian regimes that we're referring to here.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

OddObserver posted:

Does the Assad regime have anyone non-foreign fighting for them these days?
The Russian Army
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AaRUNafB2k&t=160s

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Why did the conductor do that? They should have evacuated everyone and called the police.

Probably because they get bare minimum training, and have no idea what to do in a situation like that

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's like meowshwitz in there

https://youtu.be/QrRMchL_ctg

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

fishmech posted:

It's hardly unprecedented. The American anthem officially has "Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution." in one of the verses still.

Which anthem is that?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Can someone please post a marker when nerdgazm clancychat is over? Thanks.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Young Freud posted:

Question I'm wondering is, why now? Does Putin have no faith in Trump winning the election and rolling back the sanctions and NATO that he'd rather go ahead and press ahead with expanding the war on Ukraine?
His entire invasion campaign has been about pushing forward, no matter how small the steps.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

Latest Caspian Report touches on some of the last week's discussions, here. The guy's from Azerbaijan and has consistently done solid explainers on various events in the region and, increasingly, around the world. Think it's about time I threw him a few dollars on Patreon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4sK36cU3Y

This is very high quality content. Thank you very much for posting it

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This was posted elsewhere

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Well done, BM. Thank You

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Tonton Macoute posted:

Best way to disperse a crowd of rubberneckers? Bring out a notepad and loudly ask for witnesses.
The Ostap Bender approach

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Is it dropping hand grenades? I can't tell what's going on

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Can't wait

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's how people are. That's how human brain works in default mode.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Turn your volume down, it's a tad loud
https://vidos.top/v/1804264

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

OddObserver posted:

Gotta wonder about that 0.61% vote for Yuriy Timoshenko. It's surprising that had that much of an effect...
Plenty of people vote for a troll candidate when given an opportunity. Usually young and stupid

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What is he being tested for? Patriotism?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

OddObserver posted:

Ilfopetrovsk
Amazing

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Wait, is it serious? I never knew it could be anything other than "OK" gesture. How do I even search for more info?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

OddObserver posted:

I think the national Bank pretty much said that if he wants the bank back they are taking the bailout back.... I am sure everyone but Kolomoisky would be happy if he were to make it solvent out of his pocket.

(Also apparently he owns steel plants in the US, so he may be making money off *Trump* presidency).
I was under impression that steel industry is not doing so hot these days, no matter the president

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
We normally don't get to hear about the blood test results or forensics unless that evidence is supporting the government accusations. This frame job was botched from the top down.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is that a protest? About what?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Doesn't look like it a stockpile for nefarious purpose. Looks more like a collection. No two guns are alike in that pile. And a whole bunch of them are half a century old.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What is this poo poo in my news feed
http://johnhelmer.net/mh-17-evidenc...tness-testimon/

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

woodenchicken posted:

Reminds me of that old tweet by Babchenko: Countless Jets, Satellites, Submarines, Buses, a Dry Dock and even a Choir: Is Russia Secretly Building an Underwater Empire?
considering their success at building a land empire, not very likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Russia apparently shot down the radiation measuring sites, because of course

https://www.newsweek.com/skyfall-burevestnik-nuclear-missile-russia-zerbo-1454954