Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Oiled and Ready posted:

I wouldn't normally actually link to 4chan but their collection of Bernie reddit posts is impressive

https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/65556162

They're really enjoying seeing a jew get murdered on live television which is to be fully expected

:captainpop:

That smilie needs to fill the whole loving page.

e: Like I'm sure the majority of that is people trolling but

fknlo has issued a correction as of 05:49 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

EugeneJ posted:

So Bernie should run in 2020 after Trump's first term

Got it

Trump supports black people

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Well, this was long expected, but I'll say to the people gleefully celebrating Bernie's failure, I don't get you, and probably never will.

How can you not celebrate when the most likely outcome comes to pass? It's so fun.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Well, this was long expected, but I'll say to the people gleefully celebrating Bernie's failure, I don't get you, and probably never will.

I think its more of the SA tradition of not really being happy about thing but more happy about the shrill whines of the obnoxious people who loved thing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oil of Paris posted:

I think its more of the SA tradition of not really being happy about thing but more happy about the shrill whines of the obnoxious people who loved thing

Actually I'm pretty sure it's more of the SA tradition of not really being happy

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

The person who told that story is a personal friend of one of Hillary's staffers:

https://news.yahoo.com/how-hillary-clinton-won-the-battle-for-the-black-205650975.html

I'm calling bullshit

Yes it's complete bullshit, no chance that a socially awkward Reddit recruited phonebanker could have said that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Come on, posting reddit posts from obvious gimmick accounts isn't really helpful.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fknlo posted:

:captainpop:

That smilie needs to fill the whole loving page.

e: Like I'm sure the majority of that is people trolling but

"i'm too much of a fuckup to enter interest based repayment or public service or join the army my life is over because the man promising me free money is a huckster which the african american community has seen through what am i going to do?!?!"

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure it's more of the SA tradition of not really being happy

I hope the best for you, goon

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Actually, never mind.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Oil of Paris posted:

This is as I understand it the founding principle of this fine and noble messageboard

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Oiled and Ready posted:

This is as I understand it the founding principle of this fine and noble messageboard

*tips tiny hat*

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Korelle posted:

Yes it's complete bullshit, no chance that a socially awkward Reddit recruited phonebanker could have said that.

Please don't have any redditors on your campaign.

One time, the D-trip sent us a redditor, because they were loving someone in there and the D-trip did not loving want them around at all, and they were the most hosed up thing to have happened on that campaign.

When the most hosed up thing to happen on a campaign is someone the D-trip pawns off on ya, and not what the oppo, your candidate, or your candidate's family be doing, then god drat that person gotta be really hosed up.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Joementum posted:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Thank god SA is so irrelevant that nobody requires its disclosure on social media account disclosure forms.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Hating Sanders because of reddit is like hating Hillary because of PUMAS in 2008.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Only one group of people should be gleefully celebrating this and it's those of us that unironically support Mr. Donald J Trump

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

If Bernie were the nominee I would actually have to seriously weigh my options and get more informed

Instead with Hillary I just get to support Trump with little to no further reflection!

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Bernie is a waste.

Hillary is a disaster.

I haven't even started on her yet. She is disgusting.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

to understand why we are gleeful please look at the wasteland that is the bernie thread or the slapfight thread.

i am glad he ran and pushed clinton to the left but his supporters are somehow even worse than the paulites of 08/12.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Pinterest Mom posted:

Come on, posting reddit posts from obvious gimmick accounts isn't really helpful.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

i dunno that post after nevada from the guy who's girlfriend left him for a black hillary supporter was kinda funny in a poe's law sorta way.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

edit nm that was a mod talking i shouldnt talk back. hey i linked a spergsheet earlier anybody care

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Deki posted:

Hating Sanders because of reddit is like hating Hillary because of PUMAS in 2008.

Sa thread is just as bad

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I would never gleefully cheer for Bernie failure because Bernie Sanders is loving awesome. But I will gleefully welcome meltdown posts from people who have been annoying me for months

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

blue squares posted:

I would never gleefully cheer for Bernie failure because Bernie Sanders is loving awesome. But I will gleefully welcome meltdown posts from people who have been annoying me for months

I didn't know your mom had an account

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Hopefully this leads to Tuesday being the beginning of the end of these primaries so we can finally get to the two serious candidates in a fair general election contest

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I've been edging for months now and my meltdown on super tuesday will finally feel so good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Minsky posted:

I've been edging for months now and my meltdown on super tuesday will finally feel so good

Tantric Meltdowns

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Joementum posted:

I was struggling for something to post in this thread, but this about sums it up for me.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Joementum posted:

Welcome to 2016, where people support candidates based on how much "u mad??"-ing they can do.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I can't believe that you missed the biggest news of the SC primary, Joementum: Willie Wilson getting only 1% of the vote

http://wach.com/news/local/presidential-hopeful-willie-wilson-frustrated-after-sc-democratic-primary

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Literally nobody is celebrating his failure. But everyone is laughing at the people who bragged for weeks and months about how Bernie would finally capture the black vote. This isn't so much a laughter at Sanders as much as it is the insufferable fucks that drowned us all in poo poo. All the sane people are happy Bernie has moved Hillary to the left (and arguably the party to).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I love Bernie and wish the voting results were opposite of what they are. But they aren't. And frankly if he can't win it I think a Hillary blowout win will prove better for the party's chances in November than her squeaking out a victory under undoubtedly controversial circumstances.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
It's actually easier to support Bernie once you know he can't win.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00jlWJsUOks

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

LOL at that phone banker story.

As much as I want to use it to skewer Sanders' supporters, I've volunteered and worked with Hillary and Obama's campaigns to phone bank.

It does tend to attract the crazy and/or outspoken.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Narcissus1916 posted:

LOL at that phone banker story.

As much as I want to use it to skewer Sanders' supporters, I've volunteered and worked with Hillary and Obama's campaigns to phone bank.

It does tend to attract the crazy and/or outspoken.

It wasn't a phone banker; it was Sanders' south carolina state director.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
i'll assume other people have whined about that abysmal turnout already

Adbot