Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tuned in to see loving Erick son of Erick standing so still that I only knew it wasn't a freeze frame because of the flag and omg I hate you all for making me see him and then hear him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So is there a % of the white vote that whichever Dem can secure and basically create a no-way scenario for Trump? Considering their turnout so far has been 85%+ white they're going to need like 65%+ of them AND an increased turnout given how minorities are breaking against Trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol how does one run up the score in a primary?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah. Bernie is advertising only (and heavily!) in Oklahoma, Colorado, Massachusetts, and Minnesota on Super Tuesday. He's spending nothing (zero dollars [actually 0 I'm not exaggerating]) in each of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia.

That's smart. Virginia maybe not so smart, but the other states I don't see him getting.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Social conservatism I could see, but hoo boy, the rest of that, yikes

The difference between old white people and old black people is that old black people never stopped pretending to hate Jews.

Even old white people will come out and admit that they only care about them inasfar as they kill Muslims and bring about the rapture

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

The problem is that the states he's abandoning have 500+ delegates. He has to keep them relatively close to have a shot at the nomination, and it looks like he's not even trying.

Well, I doubt Clinton is running many ads in Vermont for example. It is a lot to give up though

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

Twitter removed it, banned the user that started it, the removed a second one that replaced it.

What was the hashtag?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Bernie was within 10-/+ points of voters blacks under 30. There was just so very few of them. Very.

It's a good sign for the future but oof

not a good sign for him now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like Bernie. He's my primary choice and I've done work for him, as little as that matters in Indiana with our late primary and awfulness of the state. I don't want the ride to end though I always felt like his chances outside of really white states was shaky :(

I'm happy to vote for Hillary though!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm also interested in seeing the total Dem turnout

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hillary is totally electable.

Is there a live tracker that breaks exit polls down by age? NYT seems to have everything but

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like the projection for Dems is 500,000 or so, is that likely?

Haha Hillary said first Corinthians. What a dope, everybody knows it's One Corinthians

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN CALLER TIME AWWW YEAH

THE REASON WE ALL SHOW UP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Every Bernie supporter I know is planning to vote for Hillary if and when (let's be real, it's when) she wins the nomination. A bunch of weird Redditors are not indicative of milliions of voters.

Ditto, the only people I know who wouldn't are hardcore lolbertarians and unwilling to admit it and there's a 0% chance they don't jump at some excuse to hop on the Trump Train in the general.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I dunno that doesn't seem like an overreaction or anything. They're legitimate questions but the correct answer, "look at the wider picture next time", isn't going to be what's embraced probably.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

:stare:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

I don't get it; I wanted Bernie and don't even like Hillary that much, but why are people pretending she's somehow a bad candidate? She's a loving hilariously powerful candidate. It's a real credit to Sanders that he made the impact against her that he did, even if she was clearly holding back so far.

Freakspotting normal people who have normal, balanced reactions isn't nearly as fun

Hop on the ride, it's gonna be a wild night friend :clint:

Zoran posted:

This isn't saying that 99% of voters thought only Clinton could handle race relations, it's saying that of the 32% who believed that, 99% voted for her—which makes a lot of sense.

Even between people who think they're both capable, she's winning by 30 points

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any doubts I may have about Hillary are more than compensated for by all the money she's raised/raising for downticket races because I consider that to be the most important thing on the line this cycle, after SCOTUS noms of course

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mitt Romney posted:

Check out Pickens county in the north. That was supposed to be a sure win for Sanders. Went 11% for Clinton.

It'll be interesting to read about this in the next few days to see what happened.

I've been keeping track of it because I always read it as T. Boone Pickens County and that makes me smile

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

When I say, "there's a good portion of Bernie supporters who will absolutely flip to Trump in the general when it becomes white versus black" this is what I'm talking about

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

the gently caress is Tidal?

It's Spotify for audiophiles, which is to say, huge marks with too much money

So, it's Spotify but twice as much

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That would be sooo loving funny

Only if she sits in the audience and heckles them while eating something really loudly

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Compared to 2008 this primary is super boring on the Dem side

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

I think a Hillary victory would only be worth it if she can also beat Trump so both Reddit and /pol/ meltdown in a glorious manner.

Reddit, /pol/, Freep, Stormfront, Breitbart, Drudge, Blaze

What's a hat trick called when you score like 20+ goals in a single instant

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

axeil posted:

The meltdowns are more fun and numerous but there hasn't been any classic gold posts like "wrap it up obamailures" yet

I think they may be coming soon

Personally I'm happy that I can be content voting for whoever ends up on the D ticket this year because it frees me up to gawk at the GOP.

I'm in Indiana but still plan on voting in the primary but if like, something comes up I feel happy skipping knowing that a blue vote here ain't poo poo.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

But...

How does that even work?

When I think 'hummer,' I think of that yellow shitheap from Better Call Saul

You know who's a bigger mark than people who listen to RWM radio? Audiophiles

This is aside from the baseline expectation of paying 2,000%+ markup on cables. Good money in the market if you have a heat gun and can order parts from radio shack tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

But...

why....

What, can I get a shitastic mic and an old phonograph/wax cylinder player, hook the mic up to the internet, and offer a "lossless stream of authentic sound quality played individually for you, sound which will be slightly different each time so that each time you play a song it'll be like hearing it for the first time"

and aparently bernouts will pay me monthly for this?

http://www.lessloss.com/dfpc-series-p-213.html

And there's a thousand more companies like this, and there's room in the market for them. If you want money, bilk audiophiles

edit - can't believe I didn't include tube amps http://www.cnet.com/news/even-at-4000-this-tube-amplifier-is-a-remarkable-value/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm very sad that Sanders did so poorly, but I was prepared for this day and am also perfectly happy with Clinton

Frankly, I'm hoping we can rip off the bandage of the more rabid Sanderistas early. I'd rather they not turn out for Trump than not turn out for Sanders.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess we're playing "/pol/, /r/sanders4president, or stormfront" after all!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oil of Paris posted:

I think its more of the SA tradition of not really being happy about thing but more happy about the shrill whines of the obnoxious people who loved thing

Actually I'm pretty sure it's more of the SA tradition of not really being happy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fishmech posted:

Hey all the people going hungry to put money in Bernie's doomed campaign: put that money in here to support Democrats in house races: http://dccc.org/

Does this apply to the Senate as well? That's the one I consider to be the more likely and important

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I was phone posting at the time and couldn't follow the link but now I can and I see that I was misled by fishmech describing it as taking back the House, my apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

drat you all

• Locked thread