Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrWillsauce

you guys are a party of intrepid guys who are on a quest to stop a terrible dragon from terrorizing the world and stealing all the gold. You begin in the hamlet of Bergshire. Cold winds blow from the north. It is snowing and raining. What do you do, brave adventurers?

Be sure to fill out this form to flesh out your character so we know what we're dealing with.
Name:
Character Sheet:
Class:
Dice:
Race:
Inventory:
Weapon:
Picture:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Cast~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duckie

"the nice ninja duck who is generous and nice, but prone to bitchiness when appropriate" -MrWillsauce
played by FlufflieDuckie

Splatmaster

"bringing splatmaster along was a pro idea" -Duckie
nominated Quiche Queen of the Barbarian Wilds six years in a row. After winning second place every time, splatted the corrupt judges
played by Splatmaster

Yobgoblin

"Daren"-Yobgoblin
played by Yobgoblin

Geoffrfy

"oh gently caress watch out it's Geoffrfy" -the werewolves
played by blaise rascal

Mario

"Mamma Mia" -Mamma Mia!
played by super mario batali

Citizen 11

"she has a gun and knows how to use it. Probably has tragic backstory involving stoners" -MrWillsauce
played by shwa

Weed Wizard

"wait. what if he has weed on him?" -Duckie
"legalize it" -everybody
played by Status_Surge

Chair

"I am running to catch up" -Chair (internal monologue)
played by ChairmanMeow

Booberry johnson

"lol okay" -MrWillsauce
played by lmbo calrissian

Leslie Decker

"ok lol" -MrWillsauce
played by Jellidelic

Lizard Wizard

"It's a wizard that's a lizard. A lizard wizard. That's it. That's his thing. Well ok then." -MrWillsauce
played by Lizard Wizard

inanimate blue mask in constant pain

"ghhhhhhhhhhghuhuhhhhhhhh hyuhhghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" -inanimate blue mask in constant pain
played by Android Blues

dog
something similar to
"woof"-a dog
played by 9hotonic

[blank]
picture?
"..."-[blank]
played by Furia

Isaias B.

"what can i say, I'm a lightweight." -Isaias B.
played by Saint Isaias Boner

let me know if I forgot anyone or mispeled something or something. I do that sometimes

MrWillsauce fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Name: duckie
Character Sheet: um
Class: Aves
Dice: sure!
Race: ninja duck
Inventory: half empty cup of coffee and an iphone with half a battery left
Weapon: a big stick

Picture:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Name: Splatmaster!
Character Sheet: You're reading it
Class: Berserker Warrior
Dice: 20-sided, plastic- one each
Race: Unknown, but nasty
Inventory: What you see is what you get
Weapon: Big sword and an axe (in case there are any tricks, if you get my drift...)
Picture: You asked for it Thanks Saint Isaias Boner!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

Name: duckie
Character Sheet: um
Class: Aves
Dice: sure!
Race: ninja duck
Inventory: half empty cup of coffee and an iphone with half a battery left
Weapon: a big stick

Picture:

lol

MrWillsauce

okay, lookin good so far guys. But what do you do?

anyone else can make characters and jump in, of course

FluffieDuckie

MrWillsauce posted:

anyone else can make characters and jump in, of course

oh sorry. i notice it's chilly and rainy so i put on a light jacket with a hoodie so i don't have to straighten my hair again when i get home

FluffieDuckie

also the bitching may start soon if this weather keeps up

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

MrWillsauce posted:

I splat things. Just point me in the direction of danger and I will commence with the splatin'. I also make a mean campfire quiche. I am immune to pain (except paper cuts and hang nails...) I can use any large weapon proficiently, and can knit steel wire into handy crochet mail for my companions. In closing I am a staunch companion in the fight against evil who also lets it all hang out as you can see from my recent portfolio photo.

MrWillsauce

Okay...

:rolldice:

You succeed! You don a jacket specifically fitted for ninja ducks, protecting your duck feathers from the elements. Wouldn't want to get those wet.

A wizened crone approaches you and asks if you have any gold to spare? That darn dragon stole her gold and now she's poor and can't even afford a jacket to protect her from the rain and snow. Her old jacket got singed by dragon flames! She shivers

what do you do?

FluffieDuckie

Splatmaster posted:

I splat things. Just point me in the direction of danger and I will commence with the splatin'. I also make a mean campfire quiche. I am immune to pain (except paper cuts and hang nails...) I can use any large weapon proficiently, and can knit steel wire into handy crochet mail for my companions. In closing I am a staunch companion in the fight against evil who also lets it all hang out as you can see from my recent portfolio photo.

no no no. he means we're here

MrWillsauce posted:

You begin in the hamlet of Bergshire. Cold winds blow from the north. It is snowing and raining. What do you do, brave adventurers?

what action do you take?

i chose putting on a jacket and preparing to start bitching so you can't pick those 2

MrWillsauce

yeah, thanks for clarifying for me, Duckie. But that was some good character development, Splatmaster. I can tell you guys have done this before.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I crochet the old crone a shiny new cloak out of steel wire.

FluffieDuckie

MrWillsauce posted:

Okay...

You succeed! You don a jacket specifically fitted for ninja ducks, protecting your duck feathers from the elements. Wouldn't want to get those wet.

A wizened crone approaches you and asks if you have any gold to spare? That darn dragon stole her gold and now she's poor and can't even afford a jacket to protect her from the rain and snow. Her old jacket got singed by dragon flames! She shivers

what do you do?

well crap on a cracker i give her my jacket and commence to the bitching part of my plan

FluffieDuckie

great now she has a steel coat and a duck coat and i'm getting wet goddammit who's idea was this quest?

Piso Mojado

there have been dozens of role-plating threads in byob...I can't think of a single one that ever made it past creating characters lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I start a campfire and begin to prepare a quiche. I motion for everyone to come over and share the warmth of my fire.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
...from somewhere on my person I summon a finely crafted steel wire umbrella to keep the rain off of us.

FluffieDuckie

i'm starting to think bringing splatmaster along was a pro idea. i eat vegetarian quiche that he thoughtfully prepared for me in addition to the regular quiche

MrWillsauce

okay...

Splatmaster, you succeed, but exhaust your supply of steel wire. You are gonna need to pick some up at the barbarian store later. She is kind of uncomfortable in it because she's not a big strong barbarian, but then she is made comfy by the ducky jacket. The crone gives you all a grandma kiss on the cheek and bakes the party some fresh cookies. She is still poor though, and needs gold. All of a sudden, a man runs through the snow and rain into town, crying that there has been a big bad dragon attack in the neighboring town of Shireville! You can make out thick black smoking on the horizon, even through the fog and snow and rain.

OH, I forgot to roll a bitch check for Duckie...

You got a critical success and really grind Splatmaster's gears.

Okay, Splatmaster, you pass your firebug test (:rolldice:) and make a little shelter under your steel umbrella. The quiche is delicious and filling. Anyway, the dragon attack survivor looks in a bad state.

What do you do?

e: I need to learn how to type faster or somethin. You guys are really pros at this roleplaying thing.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Offer up a place next to the fire for the victim and use my First Aid skill. I also offer up some delicious vegetarian quiche.

MrWillsauce

First aid check... :rolldice:
SUCCESS

You patch up his first degree burns and put a steel wool trauma blanket around him. He is calmed down and stabilized after he eats the gourmet quiche you made. It just so happens he too is a vegetarian, how auspicious. Anyway, he is still worried about all his friends and family in Shireville! And all of his savings are in the form of gold that he hid around town, so he is worried that the dragon will take that too! He collapses from exhaustion in your big barbarian arms and snores loudly.

What do you do?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Let him sleep for awhile and when he awakens, get the rest of the story out of him and prepare to SLAY THE DRAGON...

MrWillsauce

Okay, while you are waiting let's see if Duckie wants to make an action or any other characters want to join in the fun

FluffieDuckie

i'm of the opinion that we need help to slay a dragon

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm of the opinion that we need help to slay a dragon

Splatmaster quietly stands up and looks up to the skies, searching for something. He appears to have found it. A smile plays across his grim features as he begins to construct a small device over the campfire. The contraption focuses the campfire's light into a beam that shoots up into the early evening sky. It is a beacon, summoning aid. "And now we wait..." he says, to no one in particular.

MrWillsauce

The old crone says she would join you if she were back in her adventuring days when she was a youth, but those days are long gone. She sighs and bakes more cookies. She wipes the grandma tears off of the cookies and serves them to you. Meanwhile, the snowing and raining abates. You can see Shireville burn in the distance.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Name:Yobgoblin
Character Sheet: Yes, this is one.
Class: Rogue.
Dice: My set.
Race: Goblin.
Inventory: Chair, Leather Armor Set (Equipped), Krang, Pipe, Healing & Mana Potions.
Weapon: Morning Star.
Picture:

E: Can we call the dragon by a selected name?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
[quote="Splatmaster" post=""45678240"]

[/quote]

MrWillsauce

Okay, Yobgoblin, what do you do?

Also, those dice are pretty

:e Oh, you can come up with the name for the dragon if you want. Or I can if you want. Any ideas? I am pretty bad at coming up with names. Whenever I GM a game irl I usually make the players come up with the names for stuff for me.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrWillsauce posted:

Okay, Yobgoblin, what do you do?

Also, those dice are pretty

:e Oh, you can come up with the name for the dragon if you want. Or I can if you want. Any ideas? I am pretty bad at coming up with names. Whenever I GM a game irl I usually make the players come up with the names for stuff for me.

My action: Look around and search for woodcutting axe.

Thank you! I'm leaning towards the name Daren. Any objections?

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 27, 2016

----------------

MrWillsauce

no objections from me.

Alright, so Splatmaster and Duckie, you are joined by a mysterious roguish goblin who has been called by the barbarian's magic device, who immediately begins searching the crone's shack for an axe and finds one. The crone is powerless to stop him from stealing it, and cries deeply as she bakes cookies.

Splatmaster, the survivor awakes in your arms. What questions do you have for him?

And what do the rest of you do?

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My action: Attempt to calm down and ask crone if I may borrow axe for the reason of gathering wood.

----------------

MrWillsauce

the crone says, oh of course, what a thoughtful boy you are. She wraps you in her jacket and steel wool coat with an old person hug.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Name: Geoffrfy
Character Sheet:

Class: Werewolf Killer
Dice: those dice that tell you what kind of sex to have
Race: human
Inventory: Werewolf-killing supplies
Weapon: Shepherd's staff
Picture:

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

Geoffrfy looks around to see if there are any werewolves nearby.

MrWillsauce

Geoffrfy sees no werewolves, but instead he sees a barbarian dong, a goblin lumberjack, an old crone, a scorched survivor, and he doesn't see a ninja duckie, but she's there trust me.

unless... those guys are secretly werewolves?

blaise rascal

Geoffrfy squints at each character suspiciously, followed by himself. He has to use a mirror for this.

"Hello," he says cautiously to whomever will listen.

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 28, 2016

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Name: Mario
Class: Chef
Dice: Lucky Penny
Race: Human
Inventory: Mushrooms, Chef's Knife, A hairtie
Weapon: Bad Breath
Picture:

super mario batali fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 28, 2016

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
Name: Citizen 11

Character Sheet:

Class: Citizen

Dice: Blue ones

Inventory:
- 1 walking stick
- 2ft. of coiled rope
- 3lb of soap
- 5 authentic replica Naruto© brand ninja shuriken
- 1 cool looking rock
- 2 slices white bread (soggy)

Weapon: a fuckign gun

Picture:

shwa fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
Name: Weed Wizard

Character Sheet: This is my character sheet

Class: Wizard

Dice: 50 d10's

Inventory: Spell Book, Infinite bag of any material component, bong, stash, and pipe

Weapon:Staff of weed magic +1

Picture:

• Locked thread