Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furia

Name: [blank]
Character Sheet: sure, why not
Class: Warrior
Dice: 6?
Race: Undead
Inventory: Chainmail armour with one of those leather things on top. Armour is rusty and grimy all around.
Weapon: Gigantic sword with runes inscribed upon it.
Picture: Just imagine someone that hasn't slept in a year looking dead ahead completely emotionless.

My current action is staring dead ahead, close enough to the group to be a part of it but not enough that I'm approachable.

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I see [blank] standing a little ways off and motion to them to come over.

Furia

super mario batali posted:

I see [blank] standing a little ways off and motion to them to come over.

I just stare dead ahead, as before.

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Furia posted:

I just stare dead ahead, as before.

Mario does a funny dance and hopes that [blank] will notice.

MrWillsauce

okay, Citizen 11 shoots warning shots at the weed wizard, but Duckie goes to his aid and goes all like "can I keep hiiiim? Can I keep him pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?" and Citizen 11 stops shooting, but says something like "ok, but you have to clean his litter box and give him food and water."

Yobgoblin heals the weed wizard back to full health with potion, and makes torchcrafting check...

:rolldice:

critical success! you make english torches, not american ones. Everyone gets a fantasy flashlight made of wood and oil and glass. Man, how did he even do that?

Meanwhile even more adventurers are drawn by Splatmaster's adventure beacon! Citizen 11 plays with a wizardly kobold, and reaches deep into its hat of mystery... let me just roll on my hat of mystery table.

she finds an enchanted crowbar! What the enchantment is... nobody knows? Anyone it glows with magic energy at least, and is tingly to touch.

Duckie finds the inanimate mask in constant pain on the ground and takes care of it. It is now in less agony, but not much less.

Weed Wizard gets the party going with weed and snacks.

An undead warrior stands still in the corner, looking a lot like I do at parties, lol

Chuck the Daren survivor is exasperated by the fact that this has turned into an adventurer party spot, and that nobody is going to save his wife and son. The dense black smoke has diminished quite a lot as the fire of the neighboring town burns itself out. A dog arrives and barks at Chuck.

What do you all do?

oh yeah, that was a good idea, Yobgoblin. I updated the OP. Take a peek if you want. I might have made some mistakes or something.

Scaly Haylie

i perceive the dog.

MrWillsauce

okay, let me roll a perception check...

failure. You fail to perceive the dog.

MrWillsauce

but after a minute you are like, okay there he is

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Rummaging around in my bag I discover I am carrying a LEAD PIPE.

Furia

I take the mask and begin to carry it with me. Also, I approach the survivor and begin to stare into his eyes, awaiting further instructions.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

9hotonic posted:

Name: dog
Character Sheet: (its a dog with a piece of paper on it)
Class: dog rogue
Dice: D09 (dog shaped dice from 0 - 9)
Race: dog
Inventory: some dog food
Weapon: lots of barking and also sharp teeth (also a dog knife)
Picture: this isn't me but its very close

you're so freaking cute

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
I start hitting a wall with the crowbar while these sounds play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOA-2nffob8

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"
i bark and take a nap. then i wake up and dig up treasure. then i nap again.

lmbo calrissian posted:

you're so freaking cute

:blush:

Lizard Wizard posted:

i perceive the dog.

this was a doomed move from that start. you will regret this action.

woof.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Splatmaster disassembles and packs up the summoning beacon and puts the contraption away. Everyone is amazed that the device that was sending off a beacon into the sky has now somehow disappeared into his outrageous adventuring gear. He turns to face the newcomers...

"Welcome, everyone! Let's pay a visit to a certain dragon, shall we?"

I assist everyone in packing up camp and heading out and head in the direction to town. I let the dragon attack victim know we haven't forgot about him, and I make sure the fire is out before we leave.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

shwa

Splatmaster posted:

Splatmaster disassembles and packs up the summoning beacon and puts the contraption away. Everyone is amazed that the device that was sending off a beacon into the sky has now somehow disappeared into his outrageous adventuring gear. He turns to face the newcomers...

"Welcome, everyone! Let's pay a visit to a certain dragon, shall we?"

I assist everyone in packing up camp and heading out and head in the direction to town. I let the dragon attack victim know we haven't forgot about him, and I make sure the fire is out before we leave.

Actually no one can here you cause my enchanted crowbar is too loud :(

MrWillsauce

you realize that the crowbar is making no sound as you bash it against the wall. It must be a crowbar of silence!

I assume everyone is following Splatmaster's lead as he leaves town? Chuck is most grateful, the crone packs you up some cookies and sits in her nice warm shack

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i missed character creation but maybe you can put a skelly horde in here somewhere? they don't have to be mean

hi how are you ♥

shwa

MrWillsauce posted:

you realize that the crowbar is making no sound as you bash it against the wall. It must be a crowbar of silence!

I assume everyone is following Splatmaster's lead as he leaves town? Chuck is most grateful, the crone packs you up some cookies and sits in her nice warm shack

DAmmit... it must be the crowbar from Half Life 2 (which did not have a hit sound)

shwa

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i missed character creation but maybe you can put a skelly horde in here somewhere? they don't have to be mean

You didnt miss anything get in here

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Name: Isaias B.
Character Sheet:
Class: Saint
Dice: i don't gamble
Race: Skeleton
Inventory: a Good Book
Weapon: the Good News
Picture:

hi how are you ♥

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I hand Isaias B. a beer and a mop and welcome him to the party

shwa

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Name: Isaias B.
Character Sheet:
Class: Saint
Dice: i don't gamble
Race: Skeleton
Inventory: a Good Book
Weapon: the Good News
Picture:

Citizen 11 gazes onto this majestic and dangerous skeleton dancing in the street ahead of them, and knows true fear, and also true awe. Her life will never know true peace, now that she has looked upon this skeleton's majestic dance.

P.S.: Is that shovel named "the Good News"? If so that'd be badass.

shwa

MrWillsauce posted:

Also yes, at least I'm going.

I pick up the Lizard Wizard and let it ride on my back, because Im worried it wont be able to keep up with its tiny legs

Scaly Haylie

i diligently maintain a spell of detect magic from atop citzen 11's shoulders, just in case.

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
As we head out i start talking about different strains of weed and the best way to use a bong.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Splatmaster posted:

I hand Isaias B. a beer and a mop and welcome him to the party

I waste one of my miracles turning the beer into communion wine before pouring it into my mouth, ruining my robes and leaking grape juice all over the ground. I sheepishly mop it up and hand the filthy but blessed (+1) mop back to Splatmaster!.

"what can i say, I'm a lightweight."

hi how are you ♥

shwa

Status_Surge posted:

As we head out i start talking about different strains of weed and the best way to use a bong.

As the trip drags on and the party is slowly losing its sanity due to the Weed Wizards rant, I continue to encourage him, saying things like "Oh wow, that's so interesting" and "Wait, could you go over the difference between Indica and Sativa strains again?" all while staring over at FluffieDuckie with a smug smile on my face

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrWillsauce posted:

Indeed so! My action whilst on the walk with the group: Attempt to spot rare herbs.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MrWillsauce

on the short walk along the dirt road to the town...

Yobgoblin finds a weird cabbage.

Lizard Wizard senses malevolent arcane energy emenating from it.

Weed Wizard babbles on and on about weed, but he has a nice chill soothing stoner voice and is a funny guy, and it really doesn't bother anyone except Citizen 11

You meet the dancing holy skeleton, and he joins the party of noble heroes. The thing with the beer wine happens, and you all have a good chuckle

finally come to the edge of the town. You see the terrible dragon Daren perched on a stone church in the center of town, overlooking a small pile of assorted gold trinkets he has amassed. All of the other buildings have been reduced to smoldering rubble. There are smoking bodies all around the place. Chuck shrieks.

What do you do?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I gratefully accept the Holy Mop +1 and add it to my arsenal of strangely hidden items and thank Isaias B.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i would like to check to see if any of those poor people's skeletons can be saved either in the spiritual sense or the necromancy style

hi how are you ♥

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Ensuring my companions are safely behind me, I bravely approach the dragon that has menaced the town.

"DAREN!" I bellow, "EXPLAIN YOURSELF OR MY COMPANIONS AND I WILL SURELY SMITE THEE!"

I throw an old, rusty gauntlet on the ground before us

MrWillsauce

Splatmaster tucks away the blessed mop, and Isaias B does a saintly thing...

You see that all of the skeletons are physically intact, but blackened. Their souls have not yet fully departed, and you can see that they mostly belonged to kind honest folk and are bound for skeleton paradise. There are two rear end in a top hat skeletons, though, who you think are probably going to be damned for a bit.

And then Splatmaster strides forward before the dragon and says his challenge! The gauntlet is thrown!

Daren roars and looks down at Splatmaster. "Smite me? I am a beast that breathes primordial fire! I am not afraid of you! Relinquish your gold in tribute to me, or meet the same fate as these peasants, who could only offer up this measly pittance. I must build up my gold reserve before I enter my millenia-long slumber!"

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My action: sneak around and loot the dead bodies.

shwa

I sneak away from the group and, using my 2 ft of coiled rope, tie the crowbar of silence to one of my feet, using the fact that it will make no sound, and my high hopping skill, to attempt to flank the dragon with improved stealth

MrWillsauce

Yobgoblin...

remains undetected by Daren, but finds no loot. Anything of value must be in Daren's treasure pile.

Citizen 11...

succeeds her hopping check and gets inside the church, right underneath where Daren is perched without being detected.

shwa

Lizard Wizard, did you continue to hang on or are you with the rest of the group?

Scaly Haylie

shwa posted:

Lizard Wizard, did you continue to hang on or are you with the rest of the group?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i'd like to raise some undead, maybe starting with those two assholes. i'll offer them a chance to do a good deed and avoid some time in purgatory. assuming that' we're actually doing a good deed, my moral compass is off.

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwa

I ask Lizard Wizard what spells he has, while also attempting to slowly build up a spirit bomb

• Locked thread