Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

let's see if we can go a month without some gronk posting about nuclear power this time

too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The few times I worked elections and had to count, almost all of the below the line voters hosed up somewhere and it was invalid.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

They probably run a variation of the story once a month.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Unless you eat some really potent cookies you are probably A-OK to drive after 4-5 hours.

at 12 hours they are still just using RDTs to catch people doing drugs rather than people actually stoned.

I smoke heaps of weed and I just sit at home and listen to music until bed time. Never would I get behind the wheel. I even feel sketchy driving after a big dinner and a single beer.

gently caress these laws.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

Good to know we can base laws affcting every druggo in the country on your single annecdote

My point was, you obtuse fuckhead, most people getting charged with this poo poo arent actually doing the wrong thing as pointed out in the article.

the method of testing is not adequate to differentiate between someone who had a cone the night before and someone who had a cone in the driveway and the cops realise and ignore that if it pumps their stats on how many 'drugged drivers' they catch.

Pretty hosed up that you can have a joint friday night, not drive all weekend, and get booked Monday on the way to work while fresh as a daisy.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Back when drug testing drivers hadn't been implemented yet and various methods were being compared, using simple physical impairment tests was put forward.

But then they realised it would knock out a huge chunk of elderly drivers and be political suicide. Because it's okay to be unsafe on the roads as long as you form a large enough voting block.

Man, Old people are the worst.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

LibertyCat posted:

so, have you guys ever considered doing an OP that isn't horribly biased towards the Greens (who get less than 10 percent of the vote)? It might encourage greater diversity of opinions.

If you dont agree with everyone in this thread on every single measure you are literally hitler.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I saw a father and son in Target and the kid who looked about 5, in earshot of me at the counter and therefore the cashier serving me, says "thats the game I want daddy, GTA 5"

and he brings it up to the counter and the cashier says 'this game is R18, I cant sell it to you if its for your son'. the Dad says "oh. well. its for me?' and the cashier just rolls her eyes and says 'ok'

So yeah not sure why we spend any money on this poo poo when parents dont seem to care (until they see their child playing a game with boobs in it then holy smokes someone should ban these games from children!!1)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

open24hours posted:

The whole classification system is just legislating morality and is incredibly open to abuse. It should be abolished and replaced with a voluntary, industry led and funded, system that media producers can buy into if they think it will help with marketing.

Yeah. No one seems to give a poo poo about it besides christian lobby groups who would rather the content just be banned anyway, or parents well after they've purchased COD/GTA/<violent/sexual game of the week here>.

as an adult I dont give a poo poo what a game is rated and really any game that relies on violence or sex to sell usually is garbage anyway (ie. Hatred, thrill kill)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

For the record, this is what a $55million yacht looks like:

I have no idea why anyone would want to own this.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I lost my job in October last year and lived off my savings until I was employed at the end of Jan as My girlfriend told me all the poo poo she had to go through to get the small supplemental payment to make life easier. They would schedule appointments that they knew she couldnt get to due to her working those days, and only ever offered appointments on those days, despite this information being shared every single time. she eventually told them to gently caress off after they tried to convince her that they helped her find the work (that she actually got through one of her teachers)

I went broke right as I got the job, but at least I didnt have to line up with meth heads and weirdos and put up with the infuriating morons behind the counter. sucked that i lost all that money which i wanted to put into some surgery but im earning heaps now and will get it done eventually.

I have no idea how anyone can blame the dole bludgers for the gross overspending on welfare when the system is so bloated and convoluted that it probably absorbs more tax payer money in salaries and inefficiencies than is ever lost on dole bludgers.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If anyone is hard up for food Drop me a PM - you can come chill at my house, play xbox and I will feed you some very average meals.

I loving hate you goons but Im sure as gently caress not gonna let someone starve because of centrelink (and you're probably cool in person so whatevs)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I work for a club (in a non service or gaming role) and the amount of money the poker machines pull in a month would make your fuckin head spin.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guys whats a good super fund to go into? I had all my stupid lovely funds bundled by my bank (St. George, BT super) and now they've done the leg work I want to shift it into an actual good fund because Im 30 now and realise I should be ensuring I have money by the time I am allowed to retire (presumably 90 years old)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

EvilElmo posted:

Australian super is apparently pretty good and most industry super funds are also pretty good. What industry do you work in?

I work in IT for a club. looking at the industry super page I dont really see a IT related one and Australian Super seems to be the biggest fund.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've already had all my accounts rolled together by my bank - I gave them all my relevant info and they found it all and bundled it into their account within a day (whole reason I did it)

now I want to move my money into a fund that performs better.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anidav posted:

WE DID IT AUSTRALIA

That is an awful comic that is 100000x better drawn and worded than any first dog.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lid posted:

Honestly i am a bit intrigued why the charge is murder and not manslaughter given the known information of the case. Theres pretty clearly some information missing here.

my ex worked at the DPP and occasionally would look up these type of divisive cases. Almost always there is more information than what the media has and it wont be revealed because it goes from being a controversial case that gets a lot of traction on social media and clicks to a 'oh well yeah that makes total sense moving right along'.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

holy poo poo Tim Ferguson is still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cartoon you are racist slime. Absolutely nothing can be funny but the the white man, not in this thread.

• Locked thread