Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shifty Pony posted:

This got posted in the Texas thread, but everyone needs to read this article

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/03/02/newly-elected-gop-chair-texas-capitol/

“We will explore every single option that exists, whether it be persuading him to resign, trying to force him to resign, constraining his power, removing his ability to spend money or resisting any attempt for him to access data or our social media account,” Mackowiak told the Tribune. “I’m treating this as a coup and as a hostile takeover.”

“Tell them they can go gently caress themselves,” Morrow told the Tribune.

Second best republican found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Anarkii posted:

Why is this? Its not winner takes all, and he got 43 delegates to Hillary's 45. If positions were reversed, it wouldn't have changed much.
He needed to win by a certain margin to be on target and offset Clinton's huge wins in other states. He didn't.

He basically underperformed everywhere except Colorado, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Vermont.

Two caucus states and his home state. His only encouraging performance was in Oklahoma.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Just woke up and looked at the results.

Sanders is...alive? The rear end raping didn't kill him?

drat.

I'm not going to lie, I was prepared for a situation where he would only win Vermont last night.

His campaign is dead. He needed to not lose the minority vote by 70-80 percent. To win now he would need to win every single state by 6-8 percent.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Venom Snake posted:

His campaign is dead. He needed to not lose the minority vote by 70-80 percent. To win now he would need to win every single state by 6-8 percent.

And if the polls hold until 3/15, Clinton's delegate lead will only grow until 3/15. He'll need +25-35 wins every state after 3/15.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

No, you see now that Hillary is the apparent victor her supporters will fail to show up in the rest of the states. Sanders is still in it, I can feel it. He just needs more of our money to get through.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, you see now that Hillary is the apparent victor her supporters will fail to show up in the rest of the states. Sanders is still in it, I can feel it. He just needs more of our money to get through.

Any more funny posts from r/s4p? The stuff they were posting after SC was comedy gold.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"Hey, let's choose our candidate solely through the results of the deepest red red states that we have no chance of winning in the general!" - Democrats, apparently

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

axeil posted:

Any more funny posts from r/s4p? The stuff they were posting after SC was comedy gold.

It really isn't that bad outside of the two Massachusetts Voter Fraud conspiracy threads.

Venom Snake posted:

Let me rephrase that. Sanders is alive but is in the process of having a heart attack. I'm surprised that he hasn't succumb to it yet.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Lord of Pie posted:

"Hey, let's choose our candidate solely through the results of the deepest red red states that we have no chance of winning in the general!" - Democrats, apparently

If you don't value the most conservative states in the country you are basically a member of the KKK.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Lord of Pie posted:

Wait until you see what states Obama won in the 2008 democratic primary.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Mitt Romney posted:

Obama was not a good president,.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

Hillary's no Obama lol

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Lord of Pie posted:

Hillary's no Obama lol

Her pledged delegate lead is currently higher than Obama's ever was in 2008.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Well by that logic Hillary would've won in 08 so...I guess you're happy with that outcome?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

If you don't value the most conservative states in the country you are basically a member of the KKK.

I live in one and trust me, they have no value

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Bernie won some cool states and also Oklahoma.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Black people, contrary to popular belief, do live in states other than the deep south.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord of Pie posted:

Yeah gently caress minorities having influence am I right?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Lord of Pie posted:

Worked in 08.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Are people actually trying to make an argument that only the purest democratic states should get to have primaries?

Uh, no, I don't think so.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Are people actually trying to make an argument that only the purest democratic states should get to have primaries?

A state shouldn't be able to take part in a party primary unless it has voted for that party in one out of the last three presidential elections.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Louie Gohmert won his primary last night :unsmith:

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

I'm melting down..

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Lord of Pie posted:

Hillary dominated in VA. If you are looking for candidates popular in important general election states - there you go.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Christie gazed up at the enormous face. Four months it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the golden hairpiece. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two whiskey-sour-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Donald Trump.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so i was drinking with friends last night and missed well everything, did Trump win every state or just most of them

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

so i was drinking with friends last night and missed well everything, did Trump win every state or just most of them

he installed himself as the president elect and head of military, so yeah I'd sleep with one eye open from now on

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Chris Christe stared long and hard into the face of darkness.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

Uh, no, I don't think so.

Were you ironically implying that dems shouldn't be considering the results of southern states, whose democratic voting base is largely composed of minorities and particularly African-Americans, because they vote republican in the general?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Cruz won Texas, OK and Alaska
Rubio won Minnesota and was very excited

I'm moving to Minnesota and they can't even pick winners, jeez need to start rethinking this...

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
The Colorado Caucuses beat the 2008 turnout (barely). God bless this pot hazed state.

In the end, Bernie won every CD. CD-6 was his worst performance, 51% to 47%, along with CD-1 (54%). Those are the two most racially diverse districts by population; He also lost Pueblo outright. I have never seen such a thumping in Larimer county. Bernie's strategy should obviously be to hold a rally in a state the day before/of the vote. He campaigns very well. That is why I think he'll stay in the race pretty late. He'll have enough money and enthusiasm to continue later than a conventional campaign would. If you can't toke on 4/20 to the Senators continuing candidacy, I will be surprised.

How the gently caress do you embed tweets?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm moving to Minnesota and they can't even pick winners, jeez need to start rethinking this...

Really?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Lu Yan posted:

How the gently caress do you embed tweets?

Just paste in the link to the tweet. It won't work right in the preview post screen, but once you've actually posted, it'll embed the actual thing.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
FoCo:
https://twitter.com/7Marshall/status/704846783281672192
https://twitter.com/weatherdak/status/704860176990343168

Denver:
https://twitter.com/Jonathan9NEWS/status/704852364264493056
https://twitter.com/VicVela1/status/704843497983967232

Dunno where this was.
https://twitter.com/happygaby/status/704843586156699648

https://twitter.com/RickPalacio/status/704937576424214528

Colorado Owns.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

yes i'm really moving, no i'm not seriously rethinking it based on them being unable to pick anyone who wins, apparently

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gotta say, being the one state to not choose the winning guy is an impressive feat tho

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

Ok let's strip representation from people just because they happen to live in the wrong state, especially people who are predominately black.

Like, I support Bernie but drat dude.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Joementum posted:

Louie Gohmert won his primary last night :unsmith:

As a native of Louie Gohmert's district, gently caress Louie Gohmert and gently caress his family.

Louie Gohmert has been in Congress for over a decade and I keep waiting for him to die, but he just won't do it. The only joy I get out of him is when he's mocked on TV. His daughter Caroline is a lovely singer too.

Having said all of that, watching Gohmert meltdown over a Trump election would be delicious. :getin:

I. M. Gei has issued a correction as of 18:03 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

gotta say, being the one state to not choose the winning guy is an impressive feat tho

Minnesotans are too proud of that considering it was Mondales home state

• Locked thread