Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Helen Highwater posted:

What the gently caress is this?

Clean For the Queen.

'Hey proles, you don't have jobs and the people who were formerly employed keeping your streets clean have all been rendered down into trace elements but could you do their work for free Her Maj? Did I hit my head and wake up in an alternate timeline where the feudal system was somehow still a thing in TYOOL 2016?

My city has none! I have never been this proud to live here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Tesseraction posted:

On the plus side, that's where I get very good at running and dodging, but forcing us to play when it was 4 degrees outside gave plenty of us colds.

Is this true? I have a reputation for loving cold weather, I sleep with my window open (for example) all year, and did so in the Arctic until I got frostbite. I routinely go walking in freezing rain and stuff, and I don't get colds more often then other people.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
when people complain "why do they always cast an English accent as the villain" i'm always like, well, recorded history

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Trickjaw posted:

Hahaha saving £50 a month on universal credit in a country with food banks? Good one, Gideon!

They also only put aside 70 million for this brilliant plan, which, assuming people take full advantage of the scheme will cover a whopping 0.285% of the low paid workers in this country, which will definitely make up for the planned cuts to all of them!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Phoon posted:

he said there would be an initiative to tackle homelessness but doesn't seem to have given any details

Flying rugby over and over until they cease to be homeless.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

GaussianCopula posted:

Why are you people not electing a government that fixes the problem of "relatively fixed supply of housing in the UK"? It seems like that would fix a lot of problems of on your island.

I know you'd love us to elect someone who will get us more Lebensraum but the situation is complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

They should really say 'additive machining' instead of '3d printing'.

Both because that's what it is and also because it forces them to acknowledge that subtractive machining has been used to make perfectly functional guns that aren't pieces of poo poo since the 18th century. And that 'but you can download a gun from the internets :supaburn:' applies just as much to downloading CNC pattern files, and yet there has never been a tabloid terror about CNC mills or lathes that I can remember.

You're right that any type of machine tool availability doesn't really have much to do with street-level gun crime, although it might be more of an issue when looking at organized crime or disciplined terror cells. British terror cells can't even make a gas cylinder explode and end up being kicked in the nads while on fire though, so maybe it's not so much an issue in the UK. :britain:

Maybe that's why they got rid of metalwork in schools, to keep are terrorists dumb. :v:

As I understood it, a zip gun is great if you want to hold up a store (since you never fire it) but pretty loving awful if you want to actually commit terrorism; they're inaccurate as gently caress without effective rifling, they overheat which dramatically increases the already pretty high likelihood of it blowing up in your dip-poo poo hands, and if you are actually expecting to get into a shoot-out with say, security services these are pretty significant drawbacks.

• Locked thread