Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Affleck is just smaller between movies where he's starring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MacheteZombie posted:

There's something to like in every Batman movie.

Not the weird racist serials from the forties.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But. What if Godzilla and his minions stole King Kongs banana horde so King Kong teams up with his other monkey friends to get it back?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That jar of urine rocked and Holy Hunter sold the poo poo outta that scene.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He can, just only with hookers who he has no emotional attachment to and don't get him particularly excited.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Uh we have no idea what if any Asians will be in Iron Fist. Pretty much nothing about the show except the main actor that was cast is known.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Judging by people reactions to Olivia Munn and Chloe Bennett being cast as Asian characters, half Asians just don't count as Asian.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
HHH should play someone on the Agents of Shield civil war crossover.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Triple H is too good for Agents of Shield. It's gotta be a Thor movie at least
Or put him in Spider-Man as Uncle Ben (I don't know who they've already picked but you can just change that poo poo in post)

HHH for Throg.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did Apocalypse make the Jews build the pyramids?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

Of course not. The Jews didn't build the pyramids. He hired Egyptian laborers and artisans like any sane despotic ruler looking to have giant stone buildings that don't fall over.

I know that's what happened in real life but this is comics

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah it does. The sharp nails, the spiked collar, the color scheme, the emphasized bra.

Also Barbara Goodson was white. The original Rita was in fact a white woman pretending to be an Asian character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The voice is the character

Bandora is Asian. Rita's a live action cartoon voiced by a white lady.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 19, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Burkion posted:

So Shredder is black then OK

This is seriously really stupid

I guess black characters voiced by white actors aren't black after all in animation, and

Cleveland Brown the whitest motherfucker on earth, this checks out.

Rita's a loving space wizard there's nothing Asian about her inherently.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That seems like a convenient scapegoat. Was Perlmutter also behind no Rey action figures and no Judy Hopps action figures? Or is Disney just lovely sometimes?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It looks like he has armbands that 3d print them or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think Fraction only wrote a part of it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Fraction

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Xealot posted:

Yeah, that's the problem with all time travel narratives of that kind. Marty McFly from "George-is-a-pussy" universe travels back to 1985 and cosmically obliterates the Marty from "George-successful-author" universe. And steals his truck. I guess Wolverine is used to insane traumas erasing his entire identity, at this point.

Is there any info as to whether or not Fox is planning an Exiles movie at some point? If they're going to gently caress around with alternate timelines, they might as well go all the way.

No, Marty from George successful author universe also went to 1955, but because his dad was successful he didn't worry about him or tail him and interfere, and Mr. Baines hit him with the car. Marty just chilled at docs the whole time and went back to the future without incident, arriving at the Twin Pines mall in the George is a loser universe.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They hosed up Zedd's design in the first movie

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

Seems about the same to me?

Hard to tell in that picture but they made him quite a bit beefier and changed his brain to a weird pulsating one, which counterintuitively actually made him much less threatening looking.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Adam Sandler as Adam Warlock

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CelticPredator posted:

That video is the best. He turned the sky purple and smugly said it looked better.

And most nerds unironically agreed

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I can't wait for the title to be revealed so I can dunk on it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's definitely not a faultless moral paragon in the Donner films, they're worth a watch. Just a lot of the choices are kind of broad. Clark Kent isn't just a nerd, he has to be the biggest loser nerd who ever nerded.

The Donner films do capture one of my favorite aspects of Superman though, smugness. When Lois jumps over a waterfall to force him to save her proving he is Superman, and he just lets her flail and eventually knocks down a tree branch with his vision to save her while never turning into Superman, it's loving great. I wish Cavill was a bit more smug.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't really recall any other supermen entering bullet time except for Tom Welling

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, if you laugh and make a quip as you kill them it's OK.

(Though if Bruce said "rubber bullets. Honest" in BvS as the batmobile loving exploded that Jeep it would have been awesome)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They're both enjoyable.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

A show that literally nobody asked for. The worst Batman comics were always the ones about some old rear end Wayne family member in the past doing poo poo nobody cares about

Also re: Supergirl, they started using the word "Superman" right after the first episode so it's a dumb complaint to make now that the entire first season is done.

I also think it's silly that you don't think audiences would react well to a movie that could conceivably benefit from watching previous material, since this describes Civil War and is what everyone said would kill the Marvel movies.

Basically none of you have any imagination

I think it could be cool. There's a lot of DC space stuff you're not going to see on any other TV show that could show up on Krypton, Nightwing and Flamebird, Kandor, Brainiac.

A lantern could drop by, the Main Man could show up, fourth world could be involved.

Of course I'm someone who really liked Caprica. And you just know the main character's best friend will be Zod's father.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If it were like a Jackie Chan movie, the villain would be the Mandarin and turn out to be a rich white guy, and Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker would track him down to a final confrontation at the docks.

Basically what we got.

I think it's less worrying about a yellow peril and more worrying about China has strict rules movies showing in their country can't strictly have a villain that's even Chinese, only good guys, with a few various loopholes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CaptainYesterday posted:

Supergirl doesn't take place in the Arrowverse, either.

Garrick and Allen are the same dude, and share the same parents in different realities, just one of them got a different name and was raised without their dad for some reason. And ever person raised without their dad becomes the Flash.

You can't really do the same trick with "Tech billionaire from Earth" in one dimension/"Alien from space" in another.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why not just use clips from the previous movies?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Then they wouldn't be able to have black widow in any flashbacks

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope it's comics accurate and the whole movie is him just saying "I'm so loving rich. I know so many loving spells." Readily dispatching low level gangsters who don't stand a chance. Every once in a while saying "virtual reality!" and turning sand into a cake while onlookers go "Wow! So magical!" Giving a tour of his mansion all like "Yeah this is the orb of power. I could destroy the world with it easily."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Could you post the originals side by side for comparison?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mierenneuker posted:

"Let's post a recent Instagram photo from Jason Momoa to add some weight to this discussion."

"Should I add an Aquaman pun? Nah, too obvious."

Look at all the nonsensical negative space. Here.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Never heard of JoGo. I've heard JGL.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'd much rather have two justice league films than one two part film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I would be so excited about this movie if I didn't already know Snyder will find a way to make it terrible.

Good news, you don't know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The film also makes the ballsy choice of saying Clark's relationship with Lois is a bad one that compromises them both.

Not sure about that. Lois literally saves Superman's life, and Superman sacrifices his life and restores the world's faith in heroes out of his love for Lois. Are you referring to the opening in africa? How Superman's intervention to save her compromises that region and his own image, while also compromising Lois' journalistic integrity? I can see that, but Superman's love for Lois makes him more human(in a good way) and Lois love for Superman makes her more... I'll be honest I'm not sure what she gets out of the relationship other than the ultimate bodyguard, but it is definitely a good thing for Clark.

• Locked thread