Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm surprised they never retconned it by saying he was possessed by Jericho at the time or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pretty much all best/worst lists are the lamest unimaginative self congratulatory dreck.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think she's in the Rebels series.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheKingofSprings posted:

I know, and she traps herself with him in a fight to buy time/not "abandon" him, a fight he limps out of and she does not

In other words she's guaranteed to have survived

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't know dude you'd have to be pretty blind to miss the characterization and context in the prequels. You may not like them but they're there.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's all a little flat, yeah.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably the empire. If I were the empire I'd definitely have the fastest ship.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll have to disagree with you. I think the actors were charismatic, but lacked chemistry with one another, except for Anakin and Obi Wan, and Padme and Qui Gonn. The scripts have a lot of good stuff in them that people completely ignore because they weren't looking for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jng2058 posted:

No the greatest sin is setting up Anakin and Padme's love as the root cause of the fall of the Republic...then utterly failing to deliver on that romance. Anakin-Padme is meant to be the heart of the prequel trilogy, and since it fails, so does the whole trilogy.

If you think that was the root cause of the fall of the republic you weren't paying any attention to the movies. The root cause of the fall of the republic was stagnation, hubris, and dogma.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It was sandwiched between Batman which was revolutionary and Forever and & Robin which were various degrees of memorably bad, so it's easy to forget.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What about Adaptation

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
McSpanky was joking

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want a "What if JJ Jameson got into politics instead of selling papes?"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if Spider-Man kept his six arms but also then got possessed by Dr Octopus who put on his four robot arms.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

sassassin posted:

I watched Civil War and why does Cap send his ex a phone in a box at the end? It feels like such a cop out.

Desperately hoping for a "you up?"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And leggy brunettes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Until it's a carbon copy of marvel films and all the blandness that entails every character will be "NOT MY [character]"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well, unfortunately, the movie says that he's not a genuinely good person. He goes bad if Lois dies. Which is honestly kind of a bummer.

"You let her die" could very well have referred to Martha. "Lois is the key" a scene later may be referring to different events since Flash time travelled too far. Or refer to the same event since listening to Lois is what stops Batman from killing Clark.

Hmm, actually the nightmare makes a lot of sense as a consequence if Batman killed Superman. Superman comes back to life and serves Darkeseid because of disgust with humanity killing his mother. Batman has lost entirely who he was and now just flat out kills with handguns. Flash tried to travel back to stop Batman from doing it, goes too far, tells him to listen to Lois.

greatn fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2017

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Burkion posted:

You know if all Batman does is sing Superman's praises, and that's all Flash knows about him "You were right about him, you were always right!"

That's gonna make that message even more awkward.

What if that flash was from the knightmare future as I outlined in my edit.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I love the visuals of Batman's Vision but I found it to be a little awkward. Not as bad as everyone makes it to be but the choreography is a little stilted and doesn't quite work, and the Bad Superman turn and making his morality all about "her" (either wife or mother) undercuts the movie's theme that he really is a good guy trying to do the right thing.

In my theory I'm thinking it's less about "her" and more about Batman's actions. Superman turned against humanity because he looked at Batman and found them wanting.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tom Cruise is already attached to the Archie comics universe as the lead of their Sonic the Hedgehog film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hey Tom Cruise isn't generic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Also so, I'm doing my third watch of Beavis: Dodge rn and I may be a little tipsy but Batman's bitchy shrug + "well----here I am" when Superman lands made me BOL. Like Batman is so sure Superman's been obsessing over him, wringing his hands......

Well he had been

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
We already had Hal Jordan. And Goyer? And focusing marine sniper John instead of architect John?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Doc Brown should get a Green Lantern ring.

He built a time machine in 1886 out of pure force of will.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Ehh, not really. Yes he's opposed to what Batman is doing but he basically took a minute out of his day to send him a message to frig off. He's more concerned about whether people are right that he's acting too unilaterally, that his love for Lois is compromising him, that maybe this whole "Superman" thing was a stupid idea and that the world will never stop fighting any effort to make it better------meanwhile, Batman is dreaming about Superman, sharpening his kryptonite spear and getting mad shredded dragging his tire around screaming and thinking about Superman, etc.

He was completely ignoring his job to go to the next town over to investigate him against the wishes of his boss.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

wyoming posted:

Yeah, it was Clark Kent that didn't like Batman, Supes didn't step in until all the harbor destruction.

Same drat guy

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's not watching his dad die, it's watching his dads example which is important. His dad dies trying to save a dog. He is the same to that dog as Clark is to the humans, completely superior, and no one would begrudge him leaving it in the car to save his own lif, but he does it because it's the right thing to do. That's what Clark really learns here.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well he stopped selling them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

RBA Starblade posted:

Fortunately, he's just killing people at the end.

That's justified self defense

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

K. Waste posted:

There is no "for whatever reason." Bruce Wayne has personally made the decision to brand sex traffickers and "short eyes" so that they will be marked and executed extrajudicially in prisons. Luthor does not compel him to do this, in the theatrical or the ultimate edition, because he doesn't need to. What does happen in both versions is that Clark Kent receives photographs of the doomed man, playing him against Batman so that he ignores the figure Perry told him to pay attention to all along... Lex Luthor football games.

Correction

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's a little difficult because those moments of drama are typically earned over the course of a bunch of episodes and don't really work divorced of context. And regardless of the context you're still dealing with non union actors often with bad American accents.

I'll look for something later though, almost every season has its moments. And of course the production quality has improved massively over the last thirty years.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And the main villainess of that second series is driven by her desire for revenge on the rangers born out of them killing her father, who you thought was the big bad, about a third of the way in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No on Iron Man 2 he gave direct, pointed design advice to the thing he had to fight.

• Locked thread