Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I would've preferred a 300 treatment of Sherman's March, but sure.

YESSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

JJJ as a traditional print holdout who constantly gets upstaged by Parker's livestreams and tweets would be an amazing angle. Actually, screw the secret identity, he could just be on social media as Spider-Man. Wear a GoPro, it'd be amazing.

Found Footage Spider-Man would be dope.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Moriatti posted:

Wasn't joker as a disenfranchised veteran kind of quietly his backstory in TDK?

I had never heard this theory before so I googled it. It looks like people are basing the idea off due to his planning skills, explosives knowledge, knowledge of certain procedures (the police funeral scene specifically), and one line of dialogue:
"Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

It's almost like.... it's trying to look like a comic book cover. That's my thoughts on it. Yeah, it looks a little goofy but comic books are goofy as gently caress too. The setting, I could take or leave, but the whole "Lets have both teams run each other in perfect sync" doesn't really bother me at all.

It reminds me of the opening sequence in AoU where the group lines for that slow-mo shot as they jump at Hydra goons. Which is not a good thing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boob Marley posted:

Yes. Me. I care about two big studios trying to slug it out for my money and adoration. Especially when one seems to be seriously sucking wind.

MisterBibs alt account spotted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Soups did 9/11

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Marvel built their universe out of a mediocre movie as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

That's actually an interesting element. Suicide Squad is a more diverse film but it's also a film about criminals and villains. This kinda plays directly into the Hollywood cliche. That doesn't mean DC is wrong or bad for doing or or anything, just that it's not exactly breaking the mold either. I think when people say a female-lead film or a black-lead film they mean one about a heroic character rather than, at best, a somewhat heroic criminal.

I'm willing to bet part of Suicide Squad will be informing the audience about how some of these characters became villains because of their circumstances instead of by choice. The only one admitting to loving crime for the sake of crime being the pasty white, green haired fella.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Marvel does have Jessica Jones and Agent Carter, though. Also Agents of SHIELD, which has a lot of strong female characters. Yeah, they're not blockbuster movies, but they're out there.

AoS also has Mack, and he's the prettiest damsel in distress on TV.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Venture brothers has an iteration of Wonder Woman on the show this season. She's banging Brock.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Your trolling is bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Please remake your chart to include Box Office numbers. An incomplete data set is useless.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He's basically just Marvel's version of Shaft, right?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "establishment", because I'm reading it like you're saying he's pro-"The MAN"?

Also, I just learned one of the tag lines for Shaft was "The mob wanted Harlem back, They got Shaft...... up to here" and that's a dope tag line.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Shaft was a suave black private detective, Luke Cage was an ex-con who couldn't get any work so he protected the hood for money under the table.

Thanks for indulging me. I haven't seen the original Shaft in years, so I looked up the plot synopsis and I had forgotten that he worked somewhat closely with a police detective and was considered more on the "up-and-up" then an underground savior.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like the concept for the 9 covers, but as usual Empire executes it in the worst way.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

It was really funny that people were like "why is TMNT getting a sequel?!??!" Why do you loving think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is getting a sequel?

Because grown men will be flocking to theaters in droves to see it!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boob Marley posted:

Here is the full chart. Use it to create your opinions/feelings.

Unfortunately I cannot make an informed decision on which movies are good/bad with the information provided.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boob Marley posted:

Creamin' here...

Nice meltdown.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Actually I know for a fact they put aside their differences after Tony makes a very on point quip that makes Cap re-evaluate everything.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

greatn posted:

Why don't you put the whole movie industry in a bottle?

So we have to rub them the right way?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gatts posted:

Superman died to save us all and will rise again. This Easter. A good religious movie again in the tradition of Ben Hur and Ten Commandments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ9dtZ8lYww&t=77s

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Thor 2: There's nothing in it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I have the hardest time remembering literally anything about Thor 2. It's just so forgettable.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Like dude, if that's your experience, I totally don't begrudge it. It's definitely one of the weaker elements of the DCU.

I don't hold any disagreements we have over BvS against you on other stuff.

I was just making a joke, :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm hoping the Nick Fury after-credits recruitment scenes are just Batman in full costume asking heroes to join his club.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oh drat, was looking forward to Batman scaring heroes into joining him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

broken clock opsec posted:

That's what I'm getting at.

I guess I'm just assuming in JL it'd be more brief and probably rounding up several of them at once to pitch the idea of Super Friends. Then again it's JL part 1, so the first hour could be just recruitment scenes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

You can say the same thing about Superman or Flash. Either of them should be able to solve any issue without any problem.

I mean, apparently a TV show is having no problem incorporating the Martian Manhunter into it and doing well by him. But a multi-million dollar blockbuster with bigger villains and higher stakes can't solve that problem?

There's actually a lot of melodrama surrounding MM on Supergirl and he purposely refuses to reveal himself as MM for a majority of the show so far. After he publicly reveals himself, he's arrested for being an alien, and was MIA from this week's episode chasing down his subplot offscreen. This week was a crossover with Flash so running time was limited.

TheKingofSprings posted:

J'onn would make an incredible villain, actually.
Superman vs J'onn like Goku vs Piccolo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I would like to see MM in JL as well. He's a great character.

e: I mean the Justice League DCCU in general, not specifically JL1.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 29, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
J'onn will show up and immediately get capped in the head for being a CIA plant.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
She's going to make some amazing quip before bouncing into hiding for 100 years.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bedshaped posted:

I wonder what kind of story could they tell with standalone Batman. Isn't he pretty much at the end of his career with this latest TDKR inspired story?

A setup movie for Batman Beyond.

computer parts posted:

He got a new lease on life at the end of BvS. It might also be a prequel, but I doubt it.

I think it'd be neat if they did a story that involved a villain from his past returning so they could use flashbacks to show us "pre-MoS" Batman compared to older Batman and use the way Batman investigates the villain presently juxtaposed with the previous investigation to highlight how he's changed and/or corrected his crazy behavior.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

- probably Devin Faraci or someone tomorrow

When I see an article is written by Devin Faraci my brain immediately pictures Randy Marsh vomitting up poop from eating food with his butt.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Corrected his crazy behaviour into... Much crazier, dumber behaviour?

I could have worded it better, but I meant corrected his craziness post-BvS since he's clearly inspired by Superman to be better.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I'd murder a baby for a Batman Beyond film.

Only if the night club scene is filmed similar to:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Man-Bat would be cool and good.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Man-Bat was in the Nolan movies as well as BvS.

I get where you're going, but you're not picking up what I'm putting down, ya dig?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Batman is like the one superhero who has like a dozen instantly recognizable villains so you don't need to instantly go to "evil Batman".

I don't really look at Man-Bat as "evil batman" his story can be just as tragic as Freeze's, but you get a dude morphing into a bat.

Kirk Langstrom is a cool character, but I think it's kinda a boring design for a Batman movie.

For the current iteration of Batman and for Nolan Batman I'll agree there. Tim Burton Batman would have used him wonderfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
And you'll have to continue waiting Guy.

• Locked thread